USS Defiant

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to USS Defiant. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8]  ( Go to first unread post )

Cardassian Regression: Part 2
Andrew Smith
Posted: Sep 20 2007, 09:54 AM

Commanding Officer
Group Icon

Group: Captain
Member No.: 1

Smith sat in his chair on the bridge, and noticed that he was the only one there.

"Hmm... this place is a little too quiet. Computer, play some music, Earth's 20th century, Jazz. Limit results to anything from Duke Ellington."

"Affirmative."

Music started playing in the background at a relatively quiet level.

"Oh, I recognize this tune, hmm... what was the name of it?" stumbled Smith while snapping his fingers. "Right, it's Taking the A-Train or something like that."

He continued to read through his reports, but failed to gain any new inspirations from it.

"Computer, switch helm control to manual joystick and route it to my chair."

Just then, a little joystick opened up from the console on his chair, and he began to steer the ship manually.

"If this is the only way to keep myself from being bored, I have little choice. Now wait a second, computer, what's that object on my sensors on an intercept course? It looks like a ship."

"Affirmative."

"Specify."

"A Cardassian Hideki class ship."

"Red alert."

<tag all>

Off:

--------------------
Andrew Smith
Captain
Commanding Officer
USS Defiant

Captain of the best damn ship on the Net!!

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Rachel Simms
Posted: Sep 22 2007, 09:21 AM

Chief Science Officer
Group Icon

Group: Lieutenant (JG)
Member No.: 11

Red alert sounded and Rachel jumped out of bed. She grabbed her uniform from the back of the chair in her room and quickly put in on. She left her room and entered the turbo lift "bridge" she called and the turbolift ascended. The doors slid open and rachel walked onto the bridge while trying to put her hair up. She looked at the ship quickly and headed for her station. "Morning" she joked

<tag andrew>

--------------------
Rachel Simms
Lieutenant (JG)
Chief Science Officer
USS Defiant
Andrew Smith
Posted: Sep 24 2007, 09:06 AM

Commanding Officer
Group Icon

Smith chuckled, "Sorry that I had to wake you at 2:00am, but we've got a Cardassian patrol ship that is on an intercept course. Estimated time of intercept is two minutes. I've attempted to alter course to shake it off, but it continues to match us. I need you to monitor power output while I do the fighting, unless you want to pilot."

<tag Rachel>

--------------------
Andrew Smith
Captain
Commanding Officer
USS Defiant

Rachel Simms
Posted: Sep 25 2007, 01:48 AM

Chief Science Officer
Group Icon

"Was never much of a pilot" she smiled. Rachel walked over to her station and pulled up the power output levels, they were running normally for the moment but anything could happern when the Cardassians are around.

<tag andrew>

--------------------
Rachel Simms
Lieutenant (JG)
Chief Science Officer
USS Defiant
Andrew Smith
Posted: Sep 25 2007, 09:30 PM

Commanding Officer
Group Icon

"Fair enough."

Smith dropped the cloak, activated the shields, and turned 180 degrees to face the Hideki class ship.

"They're firing. Shields down to 90%... 85%. Targetting warp core, firing full pulse phaser volley. Their shields are down."

He swung around in his chair and noticed that there were three Cardassians entering the bridge.

"What the hell? How the hell did you get onboard?"

"We beamed aboard before you activated your shields. Nice ship."

They fired a phaser blast at Smith, but to no effect.

"Unfortunately guys, i'm immune to phaser fire below setting three."

He fired his hand phaser on wide setting kill and eliminated the Cardassians.

"Joy of being half cybernetic, can't get shot down too easily. Firing main phasers at the enemy vessel. Ship destroyed. Cloaking the ship and resuming course. Cancelling red alert."

Smith disposed of the Cardassian bodies by vapourizing them with his phaser, and then walked over to the tactical console, "how the hell did they detect us? I thought this cloak was better than Cardassian sensors."

<tag Rachel>

"It looks like I have to modify it. You have the bridge, but make sure you call me if so much as an unarmed one-man shuttlepod comes within a million kilometers of us as I don't want to get shot again. Keep that phaser of yours out as well, you'll need it."

<tag Rachel>

Smith left the bridge and proceeded to the cloaking generator

OFF:

--------------------
Andrew Smith
Captain
Commanding Officer
USS Defiant

Rachel Simms
Posted: Sep 26 2007, 12:44 AM

Chief Science Officer
Group Icon

Rachel jumped as the Cardassians entered the bridge she was as surprised to see them as Andrew was. Rachel's station was fairly hidden away on the bridge *a science officer wouldn't make a good target really* she thought. After andrew had delt with the intruders the only explaination she could come up with was that "they learnt that trick of the Klingons" she said to him looking at the readouts again. Rachel through the acadmey had combat training but seeing in real life someone get shot was a fairly nerve racking thing. "Eye sir," she replied as he left the bridge

<tag andrew>

--------------------
Rachel Simms
Lieutenant (JG)
Chief Science Officer
USS Defiant
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 6 7 [8] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1916 seconds | Archive
http://www.bravofleet.com/tslrpg/
Bravo Fleet Banner Exchange

Site created by Captain Andrew Smith and Commander Jonathan Bridger. Please do not copy our CSS code, if you want it, ask. Rank images courtesy of http://www.rpg-insignias.com.

If the site is experiencing any problems

Contact Captain Smith at drewflav@hotmail.com