Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

5/10 Beckett vs Lowe at Fenway Park, US AGAINST THE WORLD
macs3rd
Posted: May 9 2012, 11:21 PM

Southie Fangirl

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

Cleveland Indians vs. Boston Red Sox
Thursday, May 10, 7:10 PM EDT, Fenway Park
Derek Lowe vs Josh Beckett

Lowe faces his former team in the midst of a strong stretch in which he has gone 2-0 with a 1.37 ERA in three starts. On Saturday, the veteran picked up a no-decision after holding the Rangers to two runs over six frames.

Josh Beckett, RHP

The ace right-hander returns after missing one start with a strained lat muscle. After getting shelled in his first start, Beckett has been strong his last four times out. He is 4-5 with a 4.84 ERA in his career against the Indians
\\

It's time to win some damn games. Alot of THEM!

--------------------
As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
Offbase
Posted: May 10 2012, 06:59 AM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I can't bring myself to hate Josh or blame him for everything wrong with this team as some in the media would like me to, so I hope he isn't boo'd when he takes the mound tonight.

What I'd rather hear are cheers for DLowe. 2004 should be remembered and saluted at any opportunity, and Derek was a big part of it.

And then of course cheers for Josh when he exits after outlasting and outpitching Lowe.

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
dark helmut
Posted: May 10 2012, 10:01 AM

Member No.: 81

beckett didnt help his cause by going golfing when he said he had a "lat " problem im beginning to think that all the chicken and beer stuff came from him and lackey became the poster boy instead. its a safe bet that beckett is going to get booed and dlowe will get the cheers tonight

--------------------
user posted image
I See your Schwartz is as big as mine lets see How well you handle it
tracey
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:30 AM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (dark helmut @ May 10 2012, 10:01 AM)
beckett didnt help his cause by going golfing when he said he had a "lat " problem im beginning to think that all the chicken and beer stuff came from him and lackey became the poster boy instead. its a safe bet that beckett is going to get booed and dlowe will get the cheers tonight

im with helmet,the golf thing looks like he doesnt give a damn.it will be great to salute damon and lowe in particular,those ops are dwindling.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
rominer
Posted: May 10 2012, 12:56 PM

Trashed.

Member No.: 168

I don't know what part of all this is Beckett being petulant because he's still bothered by the chicken and beer thing, and what part of it is the media looking for every molehill to make a mountain out of because they're still bothered by the chicken and beer thing.

And I guess I don't really care anymore.

If he pitches well and doesn't murder kittens or children, then I don't really care what else he does.

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
Offbase
Posted: May 10 2012, 05:19 PM

The Red Sox will leave the public address microphone silent tonight in honor of Carl Beane, who died after suffering a heart attack while driving his car in Sturbridge Wednesday.

cry.gif

I've had his voice in my head all day, and I hope I don't forget the sound. We should have had many, many more years of that welcome to the ballpark.

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
Offbase
Posted: May 10 2012, 05:26 PM

QUOTE (rominer @ May 10 2012, 01:56 PM)
I don't know what part of all this is Beckett being petulant because he's still bothered by the chicken and beer thing, and what part of it is the media looking for every molehill to make a mountain out of because they're still bothered by the chicken and beer thing.

And I guess I don't really care anymore.

If he pitches well and doesn't murder kittens or children, then I don't really care what else he does.

And if he turns petulance into K's, he can be petulant as long as he likes.

--------------------
Joe Posnanski
Offbase
Posted: May 10 2012, 06:25 PM

I've always thought Lowe had another no-hitter in him, so this is a preemptive jinx attempt.

After one inning, Derek Lowe has a no-hitter.

--------------------
Joe Posnanski
Offbase
Posted: May 10 2012, 06:44 PM

QUOTE (Offbase @ May 10 2012, 07:25 PM)
I've always thought Lowe had another no-hitter in him, so this is a preemptive jinx attempt.

After one inning, Derek Lowe has a no-hitter.

It worked. Took care of the shut out too.

Now let's add at least three more and win this game!

--------------------
Joe Posnanski
rominer
Posted: May 10 2012, 06:58 PM

Trashed.

Member No.: 168

I think Beckett needs to be a whole lot more petulant if he's going to keep golfing.

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0808 seconds | Archive