InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

2012 Yankees
ThinMan
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 04:42 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Michael Pineda to have season-ending shoulder surgery. Suddenly their starting pitching depth is looking quite a bit shallower.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
rominer
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 05:13 PM

Trashed.

Group: Members
Member No.: 168

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Apr 26 2012, 01:42 PM)
Michael Pineda to have season-ending shoulder surgery. Suddenly their starting pitching depth is looking quite a bit shallower.

You forget about Andy Pettitte's new HGH prescription.

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
Offbase
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 05:46 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Apr 26 2012, 05:42 PM)

I was surprised by the trade - not because the Mariners let him go, but because the MFY's ignored the fairly obvious red flag of first half performance / second half performance disconnect.

He was soooo good, and then he wasn't. It was too dramatic a change. I don't think he was injured at the time of the trade, I think he was fatigued in the second half (normal for a young pitcher), but maybe pushed himself too hard and didn't recover. He weakened something and had an injury waiting to happen.

Even so, he and the folks in the Bronx might have gotten lucky. Instead, the rest of the AL East has an easier road ahead. For now.

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

tracey
Posted: May 1 2012, 01:59 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Offbase @ Apr 26 2012, 05:46 PM)
I was surprised by the trade - not because the Mariners let him go, but because the MFY's ignored the fairly obvious red flag of first half performance / second half performance disconnect.

He was soooo good, and then he wasn't. It was too dramatic a change. I don't think he was injured at the time of the trade, I think he was fatigued in the second half (normal for a young pitcher), but maybe pushed himself too hard and didn't recover. He weakened something and had an injury waiting to happen.

Even so, he and the folks in the Bronx might have gotten lucky. Instead, the rest of the AL East has an easier road ahead. For now.

for me its about the lineup which seems old though i still believe they have the best player in the division now in cano.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
ThinMan
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:24 PM

His Imperial Thinness

They can have Cano. I'm very happy with our 2nd baseman.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
tracey
Posted: May 1 2012, 03:39 PM

Ray of Sunshine

QUOTE (ThinMan @ May 1 2012, 03:24 PM)
They can have Cano. I'm very happy with our 2nd baseman.

we have 2 and 3 petey and gonzo,i just wish i could get behind this pitching staff,i cant help but think they have the edge.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
rominer
Posted: May 2 2012, 12:12 PM

Trashed.

Member No.: 168

I have a hard time buying that Cano is the best player in the division. He's obviously in the mix, but I don't think it's even a given that he's the best player on the Yankees (Curtis Granderson would have an argument there).

Jose Bautista in the past couple of years, and Evan Longoria over the course of his career – and with the trajectory that he's on – both come to mind as arguably better than Cano.

Matt Wieters is a guy who I wouldn't call "better" – but if I'm building a team out of players in this division, I'd probably pick him before picking Cano.

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
Offbase
Posted: May 2 2012, 07:13 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (tracey @ May 1 2012, 02:59 PM)
QUOTE (Offbase @ Apr 26 2012, 05:46 PM)

He was soooo good, and then he wasn't.  It was too dramatic a change.  I don't think he was injured at the time of the trade, I think he was fatigued in the second half (normal for a young pitcher), but maybe pushed himself too hard and didn't recover. He weakened something and had an injury waiting to happen.

Even so, he and the folks in the Bronx might have gotten lucky.  Instead, the rest of the AL East has an easier road ahead. For now.

for me its about the lineup which seems old though i still believe they have the best player in the division now in cano.

David Ortiz is our best player right now according to Fangraphs.

Do you know who's second on our team and well ahead of Cano?

Mike Aviles.

I agree with Thin, they can have Cano.

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

tracey
Posted: May 3 2012, 07:31 AM

Ray of Sunshine

love loyalty,but its hard to argue what we have seen,pedey is great but hestill is the second best 2nd baseman,maybe wieters is who you start with because of the position,but for now ill stand on my belief.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
ThinMan
Posted: May 3 2012, 08:56 AM

His Imperial Thinness

QUOTE (tracey @ May 3 2012, 08:31 AM)
love loyalty,but its hard to argue what we have seen,pedey is great but hestill is the second best 2nd baseman,maybe wieters is who you start with because of the position,but for now ill stand on my belief.

It's still early in the season of course. We still need another 100 PA from each before this reaches the level of statistically significant. But so far in 2012, in 109 PA for Pedroia and 107 for Cano, Pedroia has a TAv of .282 and Cano .231.

So far in 2012 Cano has been the better player, by a lot. The Yankees can have Cano. Any statement that Cano is the better second baseman, this year at least, is based on the lure of the magic pinstripes, not anything to do with reality.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic OptionsPages: (6) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1094 seconds | Archive