zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

4/20, happy Birthday Fenway park!!!
rominer
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:40 PM

Trashed.

Group: Members
Member No.: 168

tracey is winning the 2012 prediction race.

cry.gif

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
xero2099
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:46 PM

Member No.: 208

now that the focus is back on the team can we admit that right now they are horriable

--------------------
user posted image
それは再度始まる
HomeHalf
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 05:51 PM

Member No.: 44

It was all downhill after the toast - but the toast was really great.
xero2099
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:08 PM

Member No.: 208

at least if they continue their plunge i may be able to score some monster tickets a a reasonable price

--------------------
user posted image
それは再度始まる
Offbase
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:10 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

1) Adrian Gonzalez doesn't have enough power to play first base at Fenway on a team in need of a power hitter. I don't know if he had some and it's gone, or if he's really just not a Fenway hitter. Either way, I didn't want the trade (though I do think it was time to sell high on Kelly and Expo), and I'd rather have Votto or Fielder or Youk at first and Beltre at third. Prove me wrong, Gonzo grovel.gif
2) Buchholz may or may not be able to pitch consistently at the major lerague level. He hasn't yet. I think he can, but as someone famously said, time's a wastin'.
3) Bobby Valentine's smile is gone. He looks shellshocked.

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
jerilynk66
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 06:13 PM

The Official Tek Girl

Member No.: 33

it is a ritual that you get spanked on yor birthday... sucky tradition

But I am still wiping the tears and rubbing my goosebumps from seeing all the favorites out there today...

Such a field of talent

and lets resign Pedro..

--------------------
user posted image

Some things in baseball cannot be measured by stats.. the heart of a player or the way your heart has been touched by them
macs3rd
Posted: Apr 20 2012, 11:20 PM

Southie Fangirl

Member No.: 4

Long long workday day, been like this all week. We have all new computers and systems.

I was so sad tio miss the 100 year Celebration- did Tito get a ton of love? Oh, I hope so.

Losing sucks. But it's April. Baltimore is in first placw in the division.

--------------------
As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
Offbase
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:06 AM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Yes, Tito got the loudest ovation thumbsup.gif

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0538 seconds | Archive