InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (24) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Bobby V being Bobby V
Offbase
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 06:54 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Apr 23 2012, 07:36 PM)
I don't know as much as some about baseball as some. I am not crazy about Valentine, but to me, the most embarassing thing that has happenned this season was the booing at Fenway yesterday. It is April, this guy was hired while Cherrington was interviewing other people. He has made some asshole statements, but for Chrissake I think Red Sos fans had more class. I was really taken aback and it bothered me all day.

I don't like the booing, but I really believe it's mostly displeasure with the way Tito was thrown under the bus. And that is boo worthy.

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

macs3rd
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 07:02 PM

Southie Fangirl

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Offbase @ Apr 23 2012, 07:54 PM)
I don't like the booing, but I really believe it's mostly displeasure with the way Tito was thrown under the bus. And that is boo worthy.

I TIOTALLY BOO the way Tito was thrown under the bus,......booing Valentine so badly was unfair

--------------------
As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
tracey
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 07:35 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Apr 23 2012, 06:36 PM)
I don't know as much as some about baseball as some. I am not crazy about Valentine, but to me, the most embarassing thing that has happenned this season was the booing at Fenway yesterday. It is April, this guy was hired while Cherrington was interviewing other people. He has made some asshole statements, but for Chrissake I think Red Sos fans had more class. I was really taken aback and it bothered me all day.

Inot sure the fans were and are booing valentine,he has become the symbol of allthat went wrong this offseason and this season so far

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
HomeHalf
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 02:47 PM

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Apr 23 2012, 08:02 PM)
booing Valentine so badly was unfair

I disagree. I think that is why he is here.
macs3rd
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:43 PM

Southie Fangirl

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (HomeHalf @ Apr 24 2012, 03:47 PM)
I disagree. I think that is why he is here.

???? He is here to get boos? I don't think he needs any ovation right now, and a some boos as the game went down the tubes wouldn't have been a big deal. But the loud loud continous booing, whenever he showed his face was, in imho, was innappropriate. I was embarrassed.

--------------------
As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
ThinMan
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 05:54 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Apr 24 2012, 06:43 PM)
???? He is here to get boos? I don't think he needs any ovation right now, and a some boos as the game went down the tubes wouldn't have been a big deal. But the loud loud continous booing, whenever he showed his face was, in imho, was innappropriate. I was embarrassed.

He's here to act as a magnet for the fans' anger and frustration. And then to take it with him once he's fired.

Yes, I'm feeling cynical today.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
Offbase
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:36 PM

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Apr 24 2012, 06:54 PM)
He's here to act as a magnet for the fans' anger and frustration. And then to take it with him once he's fired.

Looking at it from that angle, I'm with Macs - totally unfair.

Bobby seems to be a magnet regardless of why he was brought here, and he's not exactly lovable, but what goes around comes around and treating people fairly is one of those things that comes and goes.

--------------------

tracey
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:44 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Apr 24 2012, 05:54 PM)

wow,we have turned on mgt i never thought it would happen.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Offbase
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:56 PM

QUOTE (tracey @ Apr 24 2012, 07:44 PM)
QUOTE (ThinMan @ Apr 24 2012, 05:54 PM)

wow,we have turned on mgt i never thought it would happen.

I think turning on management goes back to early October and the trashing of Tito. Lucchino's never had any fans that I know of.

The jury's out on Cherrington.

--------------------

OhioSoxFan
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 07:59 PM

Common sense from the Midwest

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Apr 23 2012, 07:36 PM)

I agree. Give the guy - and the team - some time. Fans don't boo their own team when they're struggling, they applaud them and show them that they are behind them.

It's tough to play well when you're worrying about the fans sticking a knife in your back.

--------------------
thumbsup.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (24) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0761 seconds | Archive