InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Terry Francona, deserves his own thread
Offbase
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 10:16 AM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

CHB let's Tito do the talking.

And this is a really sad situation. A big thumbsdown.gif to ownership here.

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

ThinMan
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:32 AM

His Imperial Thinness

Member No.: 3

Yeah. REALLY unhappy with how the manager who brought us two World Series championships was treated on his way out the door.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
macs3rd
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:26 PM

Southie Fangirl

Group: Members
Member No.: 4

I'm also appalled at the way Tito was trashed in the fall. Still, for History sake, I wish he would come to the 100th year anniversary. Nothing can take away from those World Series wins, and Francona will always be a big part of it.

The "Organization" changes from year to year, the owners change periodically, but there is only one Boston, only one Fenway Park and only one historic group :Red Sox Fans"

Be the bigger man, Terry, and come for all of us.

--------------------
“As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
My Webpage

expat pete: " teetering between outrage and ecstasy!"
Offbase
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:41 PM

If you stitch up a deep cut without cleaning it out properly, the skin may heal temporarily, only to rupture later due to the underlying infection. And this was a very deep cut. The sooner it's cleaned out the better, and the longer the team goes on covering it with bandages the worse it will smell.

I respect what you're saying Macs, but I applaud Terry for not participating in the cover up. And I think asking him to smile and shake hands with whoever it was who held the knife is asking too much in this case.

I hope he'll show up on the big screen and that the fans will stand and cheer long and loud for him.

--------------------

HomeHalf
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:14 PM

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (Offbase @ Apr 11 2012, 01:41 PM)
I hope he'll show up on the big screen and that the fans will stand and cheer long and loud for him.

cheers.gif I will be a loud supporter.
tracey
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 07:34 AM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Offbase @ Apr 11 2012, 12:41 PM)
If you stitch up a deep cut without cleaning it out properly, the skin may heal temporarily, only to rupture later due to the underlying infection. And this was a very deep cut. The sooner it's cleaned out the better, and the longer the team goes on covering it with bandages the worse it will smell.

I respect what you're saying Macs, but I applaud Terry for not participating in the cover up. And I think asking him to smile and shake hands with whoever it was who held the knife is asking too much in this case.

This cut was neer cleaned,until its determined who screwed tito it cant,this falls on John Henry to fix,he chose to ignore it.Im with base here.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
macs3rd
Posted: Oct 6 2012, 07:05 PM

Southie Fangirl

Member No.: 4

Terry Francona is the new manager of the Cleveland Indians.
GOOD LUCK TITO!!!!!!

--------------------
“As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
My Webpage

expat pete: " teetering between outrage and ecstasy!"
tracey
Posted: Oct 8 2012, 04:54 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Oct 6 2012, 07:05 PM)
Terry Francona is the new manager of the Cleveland Indians.
GOOD LUCK TITO!!!!!!

i wish tito the best,he deserves it. cheers.gif

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Offbase
Posted: Oct 8 2012, 05:59 PM

I love it that he's there for the challenge. He's the best, and I wish him success. cheers.gif

--------------------

ThinMan
Posted: Nov 12 2013, 06:57 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Member No.: 3

Manager of the year. smile.gif

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1021 seconds | Archive