Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Grapefruit League Game 31, Red Sox at Nationals
ThinMan
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 10:51 AM

His Imperial Thinness

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Last one. From BDC's Extra Bases...

RED SOX (15-11-4)
Ellsbury CF
Pedroia 2B
Gonzalez 1B
Ortiz DH
Youkilis 3B
Sweeney RF
Ross LF
Saltalamacchia C
Aviles SS

Pitching: RHP Clay Buchholz

NATIONALS (12-16-3)
Desmond SS
Espinosa 2B
Zimmerman 3B
LaRoche 1B
Werth RF
DeRosa LF
Nady DH
Ramos C
Bernadina CF

Pitching: RHP Edwin Jackson.

Game time: 3:05 p.m.

TV/Radio: None

Notes: The Sox are 5-1-1 in their last seven spring games. ... This is the final tune-up for Buchholz before his start against the Tigers on Sunday. He is planning on 75-80 pitches. ... The Sox will fly to Detroit after the game. They have a workout at Comerica Park on Wednesday afternoon. ... The Tigers will face the Blue Jays in Florida today then play at Triple-A Toledo on Wednesday.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
ThinMan
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 03:23 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Middle of the 5th. Sox with 6 runs on the board. Buchholz has thrown 40 pitches through 4 innings while giving up no hits.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
ThinMan
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 03:36 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Gah!

Right after I post that Clay gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the 5th. I take full repsonsibility. blush.gif

--------------------
Offbase
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 05:54 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Apr 3 2012, 04:36 PM)
Gah!

Right after I post that Clay gives up 3 runs in the bottom of the 5th. I take full repsonsibility. blush.gif

Good to know the baseball gods haven't changed the rules.

ShameShame.gif jab.gif pat-on-head.gif

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0573 seconds | Archive