InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (178) « First ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

2012 Roster, Armchair GM time
tracey
Posted: Jul 5 2012, 05:44 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Offbase @ Jul 5 2012, 03:24 PM)
Heading out soon for the Sea Dogs game. May see both Crawford and Ellsbury.

I'd actually rather see the kids, but this should be fun too.

hope you had a blast. cheers.gif

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Offbase
Posted: Jul 6 2012, 07:44 AM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Jul 5 2012, 06:33 PM)
QUOTE (Offbase @ Jul 5 2012, 04:24 PM)
Heading out soon for the Sea Dogs game.  May see both Crawford and Ellsbury.

I'd actually rather see the kids, but this should be fun too.

Crawford and Sweeney, yes? Ellsbury's taking the night off.

Yes, I missed that news but heard it when I got there. There were more than a few disappointed folks in #46 tshirts.

The news also says that Carl "hit" a triple. He didn't. He hit a double and ran a triple. I think that's the fastest run around the bases I've ever seen. Seriously. The man is fast.

What I've also never seen before was a police officer emerging from the visitor's dugout between innings. It made me think there'd been some sort of threat related to contract non-performance, but the Globe reports it was a little more than that.

The reception from the New Hampshire crowd, who turned out in droves for the postgame fireworks but got an added bonus with two-thirds of the Sox's Opening Day outfield in the opposing dugout, was generally positive, with cheers every time he came to bat. But when asked about one particular fan who, before Crawford's triple, was heard jeering about his 7-year, $142 million contract, Crawford instead brought up an ugly incident.
“[One fan] actually called me a racial slur to begin the game with,” he said. “He was the only one I had a problem with. People in Boston don’t even do that. I don’t know what that was about. It’s not that bad in Boston like that.
"But I can understand why people can be upset about me signing a contract and me having the kind of year I had. I understand. They love their team. They want you to produce when you sign a contract like that. I can’t be mad at them. All I can do is get ready to play this year and try to produce.”

That's flat out embarrassing for the state of NH. I can tell you it's not a common attitude, but there are racists here and they are particularly hateful and intransigent and not embarrassed to be assholes.

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

tracey
Posted: Jul 8 2012, 09:22 AM

Ray of Sunshine

nick cafardo is pleasding in the sun globe for a big trade.reality check for nick the sox are 10 mil over the luxury cap,for all practical purposes the team is broke,and since they cant deal for a difference maker,it makes zero chance to add a marginal piece for the miniscule plus it might be.the walking wounded come back in time for the trade deadline,if the team has fallen further sell and try to get out frpom the luxury tax.the youk trade made things worse rather than subtract it actually net added.id even add aviles to the possible deal list,everything on the table save gonzo,pedy, and ortiz unless a blow away deal is offered,going forward with this team this year and next is not going to get better.so unless there is a charge after the break sell.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
tracey
Posted: Jul 15 2012, 09:10 AM

Ray of Sunshine

rumours seem to be saying the sox are thinking of dealing salty,i have no opinion ,beyond the issue of salary,a lot of trade rumours have the sox taking on yet more salary,garza,and other 3rd to 4th type starters.not sure i understand the logic,if dealing salty should i would think be part of a package to upgrade,im thinking rf we have bodies but nobody has really claimed the job.bens statements indicate that this club will likely be kept together this year and next,meaning to me that outside of ortiz this team will be kept together and a rebuild will start when becketts conntract is up as well as the potential departure of ellsbury.in my biased way i keep asking is this the best way to go.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
ThinMan
Posted: Jul 15 2012, 04:51 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Member No.: 3

The Astros have put Jed Lowrie on the DL with a sprained ankle.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
tracey
Posted: Jul 15 2012, 06:30 PM

Ray of Sunshine

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Jul 15 2012, 04:51 PM)

why doesnt that make me feel better. huh.gif

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Offbase
Posted: Jul 15 2012, 09:10 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Jul 15 2012, 05:51 PM)

He'd have fit right in this year with Pedey and Carl and Ells and Ross and Sweeney and ... and ...

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

tracey
Posted: Jul 16 2012, 07:12 AM

Ray of Sunshine

QUOTE (Offbase @ Jul 15 2012, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (ThinMan @ Jul 15 2012, 05:51 PM)

He'd have fit right in this year with Pedey and Carl and Ells and Ross and Sweeney and ... and ...

and bailey ,youklis,clay

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
ThinMan
Posted: Jul 16 2012, 10:09 AM

His Imperial Thinness

Member No.: 3

Examining the Trade Market: Starting Pitchers

I'm pretty sure none of these guys is going to wind up in a Sox uniform. And I'm okay with that.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
tracey
Posted: Jul 16 2012, 01:01 PM

Ray of Sunshine

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Jul 16 2012, 10:09 AM)
Examining the Trade Market: Starting Pitchers

I'm pretty sure none of these guys is going to wind up in a Sox uniform. And I'm okay with that.

garza sort of interests me emphasis on sort of,we arent going to get a deal cause the other gm knows better than we know us.having said this im concerned that this org is paralysed and will go into next year with the same group and lackey and who knows what that means.i still believe if they arent sellers and they are going to pay the tax and i suspect thats where this will end up than why not try to make a deal for another of and settle rf down ,pence or upton appear to be availble.the position clearly is not really stable,and there is the ellsbury matter after next year.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (178) « First ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1354 seconds | Archive