InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  ( Go to first unread post )

Revisiting the Trade Deadline
Offbase
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 04:05 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (rominer @ Aug 20 2010, 05:00 PM)
Right on cue!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5480181

Just saw it here:
Pedroia

Holy f***.

Well ... like I said, go Yamaico!

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

Free Agent Blogger
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 05:47 PM

Moonlighting News Bot

Group: Members
Member No.: 373

What Off said...

I am very surprised by this. I am excited though because it should give us a chance to evaluate the third base position for next year. If we fall out of the race, expect Yamaico to be the everyday third baseman even after Petey returns.

--------------------

Avatar is Eric Clapton, snapshot from 1977 and his signature song, 'Cocaine'. Equally proficient in lead, rhythm and dual lead settings, Eric's influence is felt throughout modern music. He's also given back to the industry as a patron of the blues, arranging for several large blues festivals.
tracey
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 06:23 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

If they decide to go this large transition route,mgt may hae to be prepared for a downturn in ticket sales and holding prices.Lets forget infatuation with rookies.One would hae to wonder if a team withpotentially 4 kids coul be competitive in a playoff race.On the other hand the benifits longterm are immense.Id do it by the way.Yes i count salty as a kid i beliee only 200 abs,nava,navarro and kalish being the others.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Free Agent Blogger
Posted: Aug 21 2010, 06:07 PM

Moonlighting News Bot

Member No.: 373

Rash Prediction.

2011: 81 regular season Fenway sellouts.

--------------------

Avatar is Eric Clapton, snapshot from 1977 and his signature song, 'Cocaine'. Equally proficient in lead, rhythm and dual lead settings, Eric's influence is felt throughout modern music. He's also given back to the industry as a patron of the blues, arranging for several large blues festivals.
tracey
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 08:28 AM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Free Agent Blogger @ Aug 21 2010, 06:07 PM)
Rash Prediction.

2011: 81 regular season Fenway sellouts.

I dont know,the ecconomy is getting worse and its hard to imagine the fenway faithful antiing up big bucks for what objectively would be a team of mostly question marks.I suspect that we agree they should do it,but for different reasons.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2014 seconds | Archive