InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  ( Go to first unread post )

Revisiting the Trade Deadline
Offbase
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 04:05 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (rominer @ Aug 20 2010, 05:00 PM)
Right on cue!

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5480181

Just saw it here:
Pedroia

Holy f***.

Well ... like I said, go Yamaico!

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

Free Agent Blogger
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 05:47 PM

Moonlighting News Bot

Group: Members
Member No.: 373

What Off said...

I am very surprised by this. I am excited though because it should give us a chance to evaluate the third base position for next year. If we fall out of the race, expect Yamaico to be the everyday third baseman even after Petey returns.

--------------------
Avatar is Stevie Ray Vaughan, snapshot from 1983 'Pride & Joy', Live at the El Mocambo. He simply died too young in a helicopter crash,there's no telling what he would have accomplished. He was a master of power guitar improvisation and rarely did anything the same way twice yet always sounded like he had always done it that way.
tracey
Posted: Aug 20 2010, 06:23 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

If they decide to go this large transition route,mgt may hae to be prepared for a downturn in ticket sales and holding prices.Lets forget infatuation with rookies.One would hae to wonder if a team withpotentially 4 kids coul be competitive in a playoff race.On the other hand the benifits longterm are immense.Id do it by the way.Yes i count salty as a kid i beliee only 200 abs,nava,navarro and kalish being the others.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Free Agent Blogger
Posted: Aug 21 2010, 06:07 PM

Moonlighting News Bot

Member No.: 373

Rash Prediction.

2011: 81 regular season Fenway sellouts.

--------------------
Avatar is Stevie Ray Vaughan, snapshot from 1983 'Pride & Joy', Live at the El Mocambo. He simply died too young in a helicopter crash,there's no telling what he would have accomplished. He was a master of power guitar improvisation and rarely did anything the same way twice yet always sounded like he had always done it that way.
tracey
Posted: Aug 22 2010, 08:28 AM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Free Agent Blogger @ Aug 21 2010, 06:07 PM)
Rash Prediction.

2011: 81 regular season Fenway sellouts.

I dont know,the ecconomy is getting worse and its hard to imagine the fenway faithful antiing up big bucks for what objectively would be a team of mostly question marks.I suspect that we agree they should do it,but for different reasons.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0890 seconds | Archive