Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Are you serious Cubs?
hornet
Posted: May 9 2010, 03:21 PM

Student of the game

Group: Members
Member No.: 194

So, I'm listening to the Twins game, and the announcers are having a grand 'ole time discussing how much the Cubs suck. Did they really just move Carlos Zambrano to the setup role? yes they did. Come on Cubs management, you're better than that. I see absolutely no rationale behind this move. Lets trade 7 innings of great pitching for one. Sound good? Its not like they've got a logjam of future cy young winners in the rotation either. It'd be like us benching petey for the rest of the season under the rationale that one at bat per game would be more successful than four. Why? The cubs are terrible. Their games aren't won in the 7th and 8th innings; most likely they won't even be competitive if there's no solid starter to hold them in the game while that offense gets going

--------------------
tracey
Posted: May 9 2010, 03:36 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

QUOTE (hornet @ May 9 2010, 03:21 PM)
So, I'm listening to the Twins game, and the announcers are having a grand 'ole time discussing how much the Cubs suck. Did they really just move Carlos Zambrano to the setup role? yes they did. Come on Cubs management, you're better than that. I see absolutely no rationale behind this move. Lets trade 7 innings of great pitching for one. Sound good? Its not like they've got a logjam of future cy young winners in the rotation either. It'd be like us benching petey for the rest of the season under the rationale that one at bat per game would be more successful than four. Why? The cubs are terrible. Their games aren't won in the 7th and 8th innings; most likely they won't even be competitive if there's no solid starter to hold them in the game while that offense gets going

Maybe they are saving the arm for a better future time,i have to admit its weird.If this was mid to end of Aug no problem.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0545 seconds | Archive