InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Red Sox: What side are you on?

Where do you see this year's Red Sox team going?
They stink, it's a lost season [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Wait a minute, there's a long way to go, the starting rotation is starting to come alive, don't panic [ 8 ]  [100.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 
Old Faithful
Posted on May 3 2010, 08:44 PM

Sea Dogs Scout

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

Plenty of season left to go and too much talent on this team for this to become a lost year..GO SOX shoesale.gif

--------------------
OK boys who will be the hero today ????
rominer
Posted on May 4 2010, 01:39 PM

Trashed.

Member No.: 168

I think the only concern isn't the Red Sox, it's the Yankees and Rays.

On the Sox side, even if one of Beckett, Lackey, and Lester never gets it going, any two of those guys having career average seasons still gives the Red Sox one of the better (though clearly not the best) rotations in the league.

Even if David Ortiz never gets it going, Mike Lowell gives the Red Sox one of the better (though clearly not the best) DHs in the league.

The defense is very likely to improve. The offense from Youkilis, Pedroia, Drew, and Martinez will end up right where it always does. Beltre has been solid offensively. Jacoby Ellsbury's ribs aren't going to stay broken forever.

I have no doubt that the Sox will turn things around. The only reason to worry is that "turning things around" still has 5.5 games to go just to reach the Wild Card position.

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
HomeHalf
Posted on May 5 2010, 06:00 AM

Member No.: 44

QUOTE (ThinMan @ May 3 2010, 06:09 PM)
And if the Sox do manage to turn things around, most of those "give it up now" folks will be looking to jump back on the bandwagon come July.

I almost gave up on this team too early in '04. Won't be tempted by that mistake again. wink.gif

So the next step is clear - time to buy tickets to the games at Fenway. cheers.gif
tracey
Posted on May 9 2010, 05:51 AM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

It has become fairly obvious that the gap between the sox,the rays and yankees is large.Name the issue and both teams appear tobe better than the sox.I dont believe that elsbury or camerons return changes the dynamic that much.So here is what i see the rest of the way,the sox will be solid to good against the weaker to middle clubs,against good to the best not very good,this is not atthis time a playoff team a If im right,that sets up a notch above 500.The caveat that changes that is that the sox find a bullpen.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
Offbase
Posted on May 9 2010, 08:29 AM

Living Free in the Granite State

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Here's how I see the prediction game at this point: doubt is too easy, and confidence is unearned.

As for possibilities rather than probabilities, it's still about execution.
The talent is here.

Obviously if the starting pitchers continue to give up 6 or 7 runs in 5 or 6 innings, there won't be much the offense can do about generating that winning streak we need. But the talent is here and I haven't given up thinking they can turn the season around.

--------------------
Don't worry about a thing,'Cause every little thing gonna be all right.
The Jamaican and The Hawaiian

Palarch
Posted on May 9 2010, 08:52 AM

Member No.: 5

In baseball, anything can happen, ....anything!! thats why we play the games.

Yes we have talent!.....and need to start executing. Like everyone; The bp, starting pitching ,"Papi" getting Ellsbury;

Its still pitching pitching pitching and we're way underperforming.
We still need to fix a few things though, and it will be interesting to see how that will be handled.

We need to beat up on the weak teams, and figure out how to beat the yanks and rays in a hurry!

In baseball, your only as good as your last game, or your only as good as your last at bat!!!

Lets go Sox, lets win today!!!

--------------------
Baseball? It's just a game - as simple as a ball and a bat. Yet, as complex as the American spirit it symbolizes. It's a sport, business - and sometimes even religion. ~Ernie Harwell, "The Game for All America," 1955

tracey
Posted on May 9 2010, 02:50 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Member No.: 31

QUOTE (Offbase @ May 9 2010, 08:29 AM)
Here's how I see the prediction game at this point: doubt is too easy, and confidence is unearned.

As for possibilities rather than probabilities, it's still about execution.
The talent is here.

Obviously if the starting pitchers continue to give up 6 or 7 runs in 5 or 6 innings, there won't be much the offense can do about generating that winning streak we need. But the talent is here and I haven't given up thinking they can turn the season around.

love yur first line..But we appear to have evidence that there are glaring weakspots,bad pen,an offense that can score runs but aginst better pitching ,no.As the tv people poinnted out yesterday,it almost no longer about the sox its about the rays and yankees.The yankees are the realdeal and appear to have enough depth,the rays if healthy appear to be stronger and more dynamic(capable of winning streaks)than the sox.Its early,but there is mounting evidence about what is happening.One other thing our starting pitching while dissapointing has been getting better,to my eye its been an abominable bullpen that is preventing comebacks,and not holding leads.That may ultimately what sytops this years team how many of the guys can be replaced.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2493 seconds | Archive