InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Uponthemonster. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (8) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8  ( Go to first unread post )

Ryan Westmoreland
tracey
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 05:09 PM

Ray of Sunshine

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

5 at bats,prett nice comeback.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
ThinMan
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 05:08 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

@MikeAndrewsSP: Ryan Westmoreland should be back to facing live pitching this week. Likely to start '12 in XST with possible callup to G'ville at some point.

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
Offbase
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 05:38 PM

Living Free in the Granite State

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Mar 22 2012, 06:08 PM)
@MikeAndrewsSP: Ryan Westmoreland should be back to facing live pitching this week. Likely to start '12 in XST with possible callup to G'ville at some point.

Awesome! appl.gif

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
tracey
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 02:07 PM

Ray of Sunshine

QUOTE (Offbase @ Mar 22 2012, 05:38 PM)
Awesome! appl.gif

ar last something positive for me this offseason.anybody here have an idea when we will know the likely outcome of the comeback.but for now cheers.gif cheers.gif appl.gif grovel.gif

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
rominer
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 07:26 PM

Trashed.

Member No.: 168

--------------------
Check it out. An avatar.
____

Fine.
Offbase
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 10:05 PM

Not what I wanted to see and I hope he's going to be ok. This is scary and baseball is secondary.

grovel.gif grovel.gif grovel.gif grovel.gif

--------------------
The young Bill James rather famously wrote that he could not find any evidence that certain types of players could consistently hit better in the clutch – he still has not found that evidence. But unlike his younger self, he will not dismiss the idea of clutch hitting. He has been a consultant for the Red Sox for more than a decade, and he has watched David Ortiz deliver so many big hits in so many big moments, and he finds himself unwilling to deny that Big Papi does have an ability in those situations others don’t have.
Joe Posnanski
macs3rd
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 11:30 PM

Southie Fangirl

Member No.: 4

So scarey, poor kid. Like Offbase said baseball is secondary. Get well soon, kid.

--------------------
As I grew up, I knew that as a building (Fenway Park) was on the level of Mount Olympus, the Pyramid at Giza, the nation's capitol, the czar's Winter Palace, and the Louvre — except, of course, that is better than all those inconsequential places”
― Bart Giamatti
tracey
Posted: Jul 14 2012, 09:39 AM

Ray of Sunshine

QUOTE (macs3rd @ Jul 13 2012, 11:30 PM)
So scarey, poor kid. Like Offbase said baseball is secondary. Get well soon, kid.

third this.

--------------------
FUCK THE YANKEES
ThinMan
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 02:34 PM

His Imperial Thinness

Member No.: 3

A sad ending to an all-too-short career.

Ryan Westmoreland Retires From Baseball

--------------------
"I always say I'd rather see 92, 93, 91 to the glove than 105 everywhere else."—Juan Nieves
Offbase
Posted: Mar 6 2013, 03:39 PM

QUOTE (ThinMan @ Mar 6 2013, 02:34 PM)
A sad ending to an all-too-short career.

Ryan Westmoreland Retires From Baseball

cry.gif

This reality must be so difficult for him. Quoting form SoxProspects:
Brian MacPherson ‏@brianmacp From @rwesty25: "My plan is to pursue my degree and hopefully one day be in a position to get back into baseball in some way."

I hope that happens.

--------------------
Joe Posnanski
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic OptionsPages: (8) « First ... 5 6 [7] 8 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0982 seconds | Archive