Rules On General Conduct
001. Good manners are super. As far as I know, politeness and tolerance never killed the cat! Racism, sexism and so on will not be tolerated out of character. Yes, so your character may have a prejudice against a group of people, that's understandable. However, please refrain from voicing your character's opinions whilst you are out of character.
002. Don't be shy! Feel free to ask the admins any questions or offer suggestions. We're here to help, and we are very willing to do so! Leave one of us a pm or even email/im us! Even if you don't have a suggestion, we'd like to hear from you and have a nice chat ^-^
003. This is a historical site, so please keep to the time period. A few inaccuracies on anyone's part are excusable. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask for advice. Also, take a quick visit to the history section if you are still unsure.
004. No plagiarism! Anything from stealing graphics without due credit to layouts is illegal
. All you need is a little note at the bottom to say who made it and a link to where you found it. Simple!On Joining and Characters
005. Your username must
be the intended first and last name of your character, capitalized properly (Angelo Torrinha, for instance). If necessary, an admin can alter it once you've completed your application but lets start as we mean to go on!
006. Be patient when waiting for an admin to approve your application. And please be respectful if we cannot accept you straight away and need you to change a few things before continuing. At the end of the day, if we give you suggestions, we're only trying to help.
007. Do not post in the roleplay boards until your application has been accepted, it just gets confusing. After that, you are free to post wherever you like!
008. Please be original! We don't want hundreds of Lizzy Bennets running around whilst twenty Mr Darcys sulk in the corner. Try to make sure that your character has... well, some character! Perfect characters (or Mary Sues) aren't that fun to rp with, to be honest.
009. When it comes to play-bys (or pbs), if you are making an original, please avoid using the suggested pbs on the canon list. They are essentially reserved for that character unless a member decides to take him/her up and settles on a different pb. If that is the case, then feel free to change yours!
010. You can have as many characters as your heart desires, so long as you can handle them all. Please keep the gender ratio in mind and try not to grab too many in one go. We don't want you getting overwhelmed.On Roleplaying
011. Ideally, we'd like you to be posting at least three decent sized paragraphs in third person, say, once a week? That's not too hard, right? If you want to write longer posts/more often, that's wonderful! Everyone has their off days though, which we can understand, and if something occurs in real life which means you won't be able to roleplay so often, just let us know
012. Please spell check and preview your post before putting it up in a thread or the like. It reads better and it saves Georgia mentally correcting your grammar! Handy tip- write up your posts in a word document, which ought to check your spelling for you. Plus, if your internet crashes, you won't lose your post!
013. Should mature themes arise in your thread, such as sex, excessive alcohol and violence, place a clear warning in the title or topic description. A simple 'MATURE CONTENT' will do. Its just so anyone who doesn't want to read it doesn't have to.
014. No godmodding, powerplaying or any of that. Nobody likes it and, unless you have specific permission under exceptional circumstances, you will be warned and/or punished. Saying that, any deaths, pregnancies or so forth must have the permission of the involved characters and also a member of staff.
015. You can be in as many threads with as many people as you like, just make sure you can keep active and keep up with the posting order!On Other Matters
016. Avatars should be no more than 100x100 and signatures should not stretch the page. Neither should contain indecent pictures and both should be fully credited.
017. Any clothing or accessories in your images ought to suit the time period. If you are struggling to find suitable pictures, just ask and we'll have a look for you as well.
018. Warnings and punishments will be given should the admins feel it is necessary. Admins reserve the right to ban or delete accounts in extreme circumstances.
019. These rules may be updated, amended and added to at any time.