zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Stone's Garden Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Ideas for the tough yard

Add ReplyNew Topic

Mandevilla
linda
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 06:47 PM

Unregistered

I bought a plant that is called a mandivill it is from hawaii I have had so many comments on how beautiful it is. I would like to know how to propogate it? Can I take a cutting off and root it in soil or in water? I was told that they like sun it has been outside in full sun all summer and has done well I am not sure where to put for the winter in bright sunny window or not so bright as they may require a rest period? Any information on this beautiful plant would help as Idon't want to kill it. thak you Linda
stone
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 07:00 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image

In GA mandevilla are treated as anual bedding plants. It's wastefull, but true. Do you have a bright sunny location for it? I suggest that you bring it in and hope for the best.

Try this link for general mandevilla information:
http://search.gardenweb.com/search/nph-ind...term=mandevilla

This link deals specifically with propagating mandavilla:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/pr...0801563254.html

In the Autumn, I dig the mandevilla vine up and bring it indoors for the winter. It does fine.... I don't have unlimited room indoors, I really don't need more than one! By not cutting it back, it continues to bloom through the winter.

--------------------
website
heavens
Posted: Feb 10 2011, 08:26 AM

Group: Members
Member No.: 477

Mandevilla plant can be easily propagated from cuttings to make new plants. The best time to take cuttings is in the spring but they can also be taken in summer or fall. Take 2-3 tip or side shoot cuttings that have new growth that is beginning to firm (not new light green growth) remove all but the 2 top leaves. Dip the cuttings in rooting hormone and place in sandy peat soil mix. Keep the cuttings moist and humid with bottom heat of 68-77F (20-25C). To maintain humidity, place them in a plastic bag (opening periodically to release excess moisture) . Keep cuttings in shaded area, out of direct sunlight. It can take 20-70 days to root.

--------------------
stone
Posted: Feb 10 2011, 09:29 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Have you rooted mandevilla, or are you copy / pasting the information from another website?

--------------------
website
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options Add Reply Quick ReplyNew Topic

Due to robot spammers, you must join the forum & be logged-in before posting. I regret any inconvenience, & hope that I will be able to allow people to post with out being members of this forum again soon. Thanks, Stone

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0733 seconds | Archive