zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to SoakerMedia Water Warfare. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My first homemade, It's a balloon pc CPH
Some Guy
Posted: Sep 14 2005, 06:38 PM

A person whom you might find somewhere

Group: 1st Citizens
Member No.: 36

I'm building my first homemade right now. It has about a 45 balloon pc, which amazingly shoots pretty far. This is pretty cool, considering that with a 21k it takes about 55 balloons just to get a 20 foot range increase. It's design will feature some very strange things that allow it to be easily used to decrease the cost of my next homemades, and modify the performance itself. The reservoir has a screw-off cap and detaches from the rest of the gun for less weight. The pump-to-reservoir connecting pipe also screws off to change the gun's shape. The pump itself can also be taken off, leaving one one-way valve leading to the pc and trigger. Next Time I build I homemade I will make most of the parts interchangeable with this one, so that it will cut cost by as much as 50%. It also has a no-leak tracked pump.

Some Pics:
user posted image
The gun (in pieces)

user posted image
Me firing the homemade

user posted image
A shot pic

user posted image
Another shot pic

This post has been edited by Some Guy on Feb 18 2006, 03:07 PM

--------------------
(insert signature here)
DX
Posted: Sep 14 2005, 08:18 PM

Run Track

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Awesome, man, the design really works! I would have used regular homemade nozzles if I were you [less work, no glue], but if it that works that way then, it works. How much do you fill the pc, and with how many pumps?
Hunter
Posted: Sep 14 2005, 10:45 PM

Never forget. Never forgive.

Group: Veteran Members
Member No.: 17

Awesome homemade! You might want to fix the leaks on the the nozzle, but otherwise very nice. I might build a small one of these as a backup for myself...

--------------------
Stealth over speed. Accuracy over firepower. Coordination over chaos.

"I have the two greatest weapons: time and patience."

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.
NiborDude
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 12:01 AM

Watch out for a flying DoŁche! Seriously!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Now I can't wait to make my own. Money is tight for me right now because it's all going to the paid hosting. I will make one eventually though.

--------------------
user posted image
Join the Revolution!
-Blinding ignorance does mislead us. O! Wretched mortals, open your eyes! -Leonardo Va Vinci-
Some Guy
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 05:23 AM

I actually have no pump for it as of now, since my hacksaw needs a new blade before I can cut any more pvc. I''ve just been sticking the hose into the one way valve (on the gun part) and turning it on.

This post has been edited by Some Guy on Sep 15 2005, 05:24 AM

--------------------
(insert signature here)
Hunter
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 08:38 AM

Yeah lol, I've done that too with my APH (the big one)

--------------------

Only the arrogant claim they do not make mistakes in combat, hence they never learn.
LIGHT ANNIHILATOR
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 02:33 PM

Master Chief

Member No.: 41

Nice homemade. I dont like how the tank looks though. I would have made mine a different shape or just make a backpack. But the rest of the gun looks really cool. Nice job. cool.gif

--------------------
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date
wetmonkey442
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 05:26 PM

Major

Member No.: 4

Nice work! I'm really glad to see new members going ahead and making homemades. And a CPS one at that! From the shot pics, it looks pretty impressive.

--------------------
Join the fight! Support water warfare in your area today!

Downpour-A Reliable Source of Water Warfare Information
LIGHT ANNIHILATOR
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 08:47 PM

Master Chief

Member No.: 41

One of these days i will make a homemade that is perfect for a heavy gunner. It would have alot of range high output and still a low number of pumps.

--------------------
Playstation 3: Check the Consumer Elecronic Show (CES) early next month for more PS3 info, and possible confirmation of a release date
Hunter
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 09:15 PM

Lol, Goliath will have lots of range high output and NO pumps.

--------------------

Some Guy
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 09:49 PM

IMO heavy gunning with high range and output with a low number of pumps can still be possible. When doing this though I feel that you'll either need an APH with extra air pumped into it (pump the gun when there's no water in the resivour, adding more air to the air pressure possible) resulting in less pumps required for max power, or a very thick pc CPS homemade, which can operate roughly equally no matter how many times you pump it.

This post has been edited by Some Guy on Sep 15 2005, 09:50 PM

--------------------
(insert signature here)
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0910 seconds · Archive