Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Rainbowland. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Forum Rules Read these guidelines before posting
Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Fan - made characters 2.0, discuss fan-made characters
gina
Posted: Nov 3 2006, 02:54 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 545

Name: Cian Brite

Occupation: Mother of Rainbow Brite and adopted mother of the sprites.

Description: fraill looking, tall, slender, gold blond hair with gray streaks.

Story: Been in and out of mental institutions. depressed. Husband left her. Has cancer. comes to rainbow land and adopts all the sprites.

Race: same as Rainbow
anda2324
Posted: Nov 19 2006, 04:05 AM

Member No.: 653

I have made 20 Rainbow Brite chars. my self. I'll try to post them some time. smile.gif
Alien Maiden
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 01:56 AM

Member No.: 904

QUOTE (Bradamante13 @ Nov 1 2006, 02:59 PM)
Flash forward to about 1960 in Earth years.  The Evil One gets freaked out about not having anyone to carry on his dreams about conquering the universe and all that after he...dies, or whatever it is creatures of darkness do. (Rainbow didn't totally defeat him, BTW, she just weakened and banished him).  So, he finds Theirael, who's really power-hungry anyway, and they become *ahem* involved.  Result: the Princess.  This makes the Evil One angry, because, dang it, he wants a son!

It sounds like you already have a pretty well-thought-out fanfic here, with a wide range of diverse characters. smile.gif I didn't quote all of it because it's pretty long, so I'm only focusing on a few points here. Since you put in such an effort to share with us, I'd like to talk about a few of your plot points rather than posting anything of my own, if that's alright. biggrin.gif Spectral Steel did say we're allowed to post info on our original characters AND discuss them, so...here goes. (Yes, I talk a lot, sorries.) rolleyes.gif

First off, it's interesting that you made the Evil One the Princess' father. (A lot to live up to, that. wink.gif ) This caught me right away because it seems I'm not the only person to have thought of it before. laugh.gif I think what got me started on that was the timeline posted on Rainbowbrite.net. At one point, it says: "The Witch and Wizard are banished to Prison Planet." Not having watched Star Stealer for several years, I somehow got the impression that Prison Planet was the name of the Princess' abode rather than the remote location to which Rainbow Brite and Krys were sent. I had also forgotten about the two old people who watch Rainbow and Krys fly away. ("I remember when we tried to run away." "I can't remember that far back.") Even had I remembered them, the fact that they were a witch and wizard escaped my notice. Since the summary of the Evil One made him seem like a wizard figure, and occasionally referred to him as the Dark One (similar to Dark Princess), I assumed that the "wizard" mentioned in the timeline was the Evil One, the "witch" another villain whom I didn't recall and who got together with the Evil One during their stay at Prison Planet. Oy. >.< How's that for crazy interpretations? tongue.gif But come to think of it, if Prison Planet has existed for such a long time, then someone of the Princess' lineage must've put them there before she herself was around--the gal's not that old!

In your paragraph about the evils, you say that the Evil One wants a son. So here's a question: is the Evil One still alive in your story during the events of Star Stealer? I mean, he must be, but where is he kicking it while all this is going on, and what's he doing while people are fighting over the preservation of the universe? The Princess kind of made a name for herself; you'd think he would have noticed something, right? And seeing as she almost succeeded in blowing up the universe, she apparently has skills which would be to his liking. Stubborn he may be to have a son, but what does he think of his daughter after witnessing her destructive talents? Just curious to see if you have any thoughts on this, because if the Evil One is indeed alive, then there must be a very legitimate reason for his uninvolvement in all these important events. Keep up the good work. smile.gif
RCP766
  Posted: May 8 2008, 04:21 PM

Member No.: 58

dry.gif I really don't do rpg. I'm more of a story writter... But I have created some characters that aren't Rainbow Brite related. Such as the Seven GoldenStar Horses. They are seven colored horses that live in a world known as HorseVilla and one day meet up with Starlite. Then after helping him they soon loose one of their friends and go on a wild goose chase throughout Rainbow Land. It's actully a 2 part story full of laughter and fun. Another story I wrote is called MoonDancer. Which is the story of a pegasus. She looses her mom at a earily age in life and thus meets up with Moonglo. The story is about her ordeal and how she tries to stay hidden but soon finds out she can't. I'm right now working on it's sequel, MoonDancer and The Darkened Stone. A story about a stone that does something to her and thus becomes a thret to Rainbow Land. I know I can sometimes get carried away with my stories. Going into detail about thoughts and emotions, but that to me is the best part of the whole story. It's like watching a movie unfold. rainbowsmile.gif
Alien Maiden
Posted: Aug 5 2008, 12:50 AM

Member No.: 904

QUOTE (RCP766 @ May 8 2008, 04:21 PM)
dry.gif I really don't do rpg. I'm more of a story writter... I know I can sometimes get carried away with my stories. Going into detail about thoughts and emotions, but that to me is the best part of the whole story. It's like watching a movie unfold. rainbowsmile.gif

I'm with you on this one. I didn't even know roleplay existed until I encountered roleplayers on myspace. laugh.gif I mean, I had a vague idea that games existed, but I didn't know if you played them like a board game or if it was more like acting, and I definitely didn't know that people hung around certain fandoms (like Narnia) and traded comments online. And wootah for stories! I write those too. Of all my 18 ideas so far, only three started out as fanfic, but I do some hard thinking to change it and make the plot my own. Even the characters don't stay the same--they start out as some kind of idea inspired by a character in an established story, and eventually their personality grows until they don't even resemble the original character. The only three I ever made up stories for who came from elsewhere are Jadis, the Lady of the Green Kirtle (both from Narnia), and the Dark Princess. All my other stories are my own invention. And don't worry about getting carried away with your stories--it's the best inspiration there is. wink.gif
*C9*
Posted: Aug 12 2008, 03:27 PM

Member No.: 55

In defense for the RPG I started. It isn't an ordinary RPG. But and Interactive RPG.

The way we do it on my boards is we can post with all the characters and add anything to the story. You are interacting with the roles of characters existed and created. You get a MUCH better feel for these characters and end up with a much more effective story than a fanfiction alone.

So it isn't like the same as you see out there it is adding bits ot story and continuing from it. It is a creative process that is more fun than writing alone.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0981 seconds | Archive