Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Nohlleague. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Arbitration
PHO-GM
Posted: Aug 6 2004, 04:51 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34

Alright .. I have a question .. WHY is there arbitration this year ?? the arbitrators compare how much you make with your performance then I would assume that your new salary is compared with the other players in the NHL .. but with the whole CBA thing going on .. WHY are they comparing ??

Forsberg .. $10 mill / year
Hejduk .. $5.75 mill / year

Hejduk is putting up some big numbers lately, but I couldn't see someone like Florida payin' him $6 mill a year .. maybe the arbitrators are part of the problem too ??
StarsGM
Posted: Aug 6 2004, 05:19 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

Well Florida isn't paying Hejduk 6 mil a year, Colorado is and Hejduk deserves it because of the numbers he's put up. I really don't think the arbitrators are the problem. The NHLPA is the problem.

Maybe the arbitrators are a bit to blame, but not much.
WildGM
Posted: Aug 6 2004, 07:14 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

personally I don't think anybody deserves to be paid 6 million a year. I mean come on, they're supposed to be playing hockey for the love of the game not for the huge $$$. I mean how is what they do more important to society than anybody else? I mean give them good money I don't have a problem with that but the ridiculous contracts these guys are getting have ruined the game.
NJGM
Posted: Aug 7 2004, 05:09 AM

Member No.: 39

All I have to say is Bob Goodenow is a piece of sh#t. Maybe Uncabob can have some of his boys from Bensonhurst pay him a 'friendly' visit...
StarsGM
Posted: Aug 7 2004, 02:33 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 10

I agree Wild, I think that most professional sports players are overpayed and people like firefighters, cops, etc. should be the ones making more money then people that just play sports.

But professional sports players make a lot of money, so we have to live with it. Compared to other players and their salaries, Hejduk does deserve the 6 mil a year as he is a very good player.
MapleLaffs
Posted: Aug 7 2004, 05:51 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 38

Man, I'd hate to see the ego a cop would have if he was making 6 mil a year. blink.gif
WildGM
Posted: Aug 8 2004, 08:01 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 6

who knows maybe we wouldn't have so many corrupt cops, maybe instead of speed traps to get money they could concentrate on the real problems. And why should someone who puts their life on the line make a fraction of how much someone who's playing the sport they supposedly love?
PHO-GM
Posted: Aug 9 2004, 02:25 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 34

I personally dont see Hejduk makin' the hall of fame, unless he keeps the 50 goals/season pace that he's had for the last couple of years .. to me, he's not a big name goaltender .. when you compare him to the other players and salaries, then I agree that he's on the charts to make that .. but I think the charts are set way too high .. check out kariya for example .. had the ducks given in and paid him the $10 mill .. look what $10 mill would have bought you .. a broken wrist .. think that the spectrum is way too wide for players

just my opinion though .. I think that the highest paid players should be makin' $5 million per year .. realistically, you can't tell me that's not enough to live comfortably off of for the rest of your life, should your body not be the same after the abuse of the league for xx amount of years.
Trisha
Posted: Aug 9 2004, 07:55 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 36

Hockey players definitelyyyyy make a bundle and a half. Bryan McCabe just signed for two years @ 9million. ohmy.gif wow! When you think of their salaries in comparison to the people who work jobs that benefit society, its true , they are grossly over-paid.
« Next Oldest | NHL Talk | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0216 seconds · Archive