zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Les Miserables [The Fan Soundtrack]. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Chatting!
EponineJavert
Posted: Jun 6 2007, 07:10 PM

Factory Girl

Group: Recording Cast
Member No.: 44

Maybe they'll come back soon...
If not, wanna record the whole thing ourselves? (and with whoever else is still around?) lol

--------------------
Will you join in our crusade?
Mandy
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 10:25 PM

Eponine

Group: Producer
Member No.: 1

Haha, we might have to!

I've decided that if there isn't activity before August, I'm closing this place down. :( I really hoped this one would make it past this stage, cause it seems none of the other projects have...but it doesn't seem likely, unforunately. I guess its just too big a show. Perhaps something with a smaller cast (RENT, You're A Good Man Charlie Brown, etc) would be easier. You wouldn't have to rely on soooo many people to get things done...

--------------------
you see i told you so
there's lots of things i know
EponineJavert
Posted: Jun 8 2007, 11:04 PM

Factory Girl

Nooo :(

If none of our principals come back, are we going to re audition? Because if it helps I'll audition for everybody and I think I can get my sister to help. :)

--------------------
Mandy
Posted: Jun 9 2007, 12:10 AM

Eponine

I personally think its pointless re-casting...the same thing will happen again. It was hard to find who we have, and we STILL have so many spots open...but it seems we've found everyone who could possibly be -interested- in this project. By time we casted everyone again (if we even could) all the interest would die down agian. :(

--------------------
you see i told you so
Bruce
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 05:21 PM

Thenardier

Member No.: 25

Part of the problem is that it is a vocally demanding show, perhaps moreso than many others out there. I mean even personally, playing Thenardier who is likely the least demanding voice of the main cast, it isn't the easiest thing to just go ahead and record with. Another factor is the LARGE cast. I run and play many free-form role-playing campaigns, and have learned that groups of great size are very difficult to orchestrate and maintain interest within. It's unfortunate, but kind of an unwritten law of the internet. Another issue would be, of course, that you can't really threaten people with un-casting them because as you said- it's difficult to find more.

I'm not necessarily saying give up, Mandy, but perhaps start a recording for a show with a smaller cast? Off the top of my head; Rent, Sweeney Todd, Assassins, Into the Woods, Urinetown...anything, really. Just...Les Mis almost always suffers (in terms of community productions) from a lack of capable actors. That is not to say anyone who was cast is incapable, but it makes the difficulty of finding so many of them justifiable.

...and that's my perspective on the matter.

--------------------
Everybody's got the right to be happy...
Mandy
Posted: Jun 10 2007, 08:16 PM

Eponine

I roleplay too, Bruce, and I know how it is with the big groups and all. And yes, I understand that this is def. not the easiest show vocally...its one of the biggest (and hardest) out there. However, it is one of the most popular, which made me think it would be easier to cast. I was...er...wrong, obviously. Haha.

I will probably start something smaller for those interested, though not sure what show yet. I'll have to think on it. Meanwhile, if anyone still WANTS to do Les Mis recordings, I might as well point them to my recording board in the link section. Find duet/group partners there and record what you wish.

I WOULD at least like us to try and get "One Day More" done, at least though...even if the project doesn't go anywhere. Cause that would be a good keepsake of the project, at least....lol.

--------------------
you see i told you so
EponineJavert
Posted: Aug 9 2007, 11:33 PM

Factory Girl

Come on people, lets keep chatting! :D

--------------------
Mandy
Posted: Aug 12 2007, 10:03 AM

Eponine

Well, hopefully we can get "One Day More" completed! Two of the soloists are finished with their parts, I'll be working on mine today, and then just the others and anyone who wants to be involved in the chorus ensemble can send in theirs!

--------------------
you see i told you so
EponineJavert
Posted: Aug 12 2007, 01:01 PM

Factory Girl

Yayness!

--------------------
rednaz
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 04:22 AM

Gavroche

Member No.: 41

hey... i will play other parts too if necessary (i don't always sound like gavroche u no. lol)
EponineJavert
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 10:54 AM

Factory Girl

^ I ditto that, but I'm sure you already knew that, Mandy laugh.gif

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3216 seconds | Archive