We're looking for new staff members right now!
Do you like our projects and want to help releasing chapters faster?
Then please apply!!We're in need of:Japanese (or Chinese) Translators:
You have to translate a chapter from Japanese/Chinese to English. You need to translate everything accurately,
that means text bubbles as well as sfx and side comments.
No need of previous experience, but it'd be good if you did.Editors (Typesetters & Cleaners):
As an editor you must be able to use photoshop (or some other equivalent program like GIMP or Paint Shop Pro, ...).
Must be willing to clean and typeset, including sfx.
I don't have the time to train anyone right now, so it'd be good if you had some previous experience.Cleaners:
- Be able to use preferably Adobe Photoshop
- Rotate, crop, resize, level and clean the pages of any dirt and gutter shadows
- Remove the original text, including text bubbles, side comments AND sfx
- Able to clone, redraw, etc.Typesetters:
- Type the English text into the cleaned pages
- Pay attention to the right size and place and the usage of fonts
- Also typeset the sfxEditors:
- Do both the cleaner's and typesetter's jobs
If you've worked in another scanlation group before, just send me a sample of your work.
That'll do instead of the editing test.Proofreaders: (Closed)
You have to check the translation for any mistakes, so you must be fluent in English.
Knowledge in Japanese/Chinese preferred to fill in missing translations but not required.Job:
- Check for spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes
- Check the flow of sentences, and reword them in case they sound akward (without changing their meaning)Quality Checkers:
You have to check the chapter before it's released.
Need to check the chapter for translating, proofreading and editing mistakes. Job:
- Check for spelling and grammar errors
- Check if the translation makes sense
- Check for editing flaws (in cloning, leveling, redrawing, ...)
- Check if the typesetting looks good, that it is centered and doesn't look weird
- Write out what needs to be fixed and send it to the editor OR Fix it by yourself using the PSD's
Editing experience is preferred to fix the mistakes by yourself, but not required.Raw Provider/Scanner:
We are looking for people who can provide us with scans. Scans need to be big and best quality as possible.
Please apply by either posting a new thread here, by sending a PM to Carrie or jupiterpower143 or by sending a mail to email@example.com. We'll send you the test then.
Thanks for applying and good luck!!
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!