Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to KinKi Kids. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Shock By Koichi Domoto Part 2
kristy_KxK
Posted: Jul 30 2010, 11:00 PM

Pop Junkie

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,062

QUOTE (duotiger51 @ Jul 30 2010, 10:34 AM)
Kristy...
My gosh! This was an awesome description!
I read over it quickly (since I'm at work) and I want to read it again slowly once I get home.

Let me say this though.

I cried too last year when I saw Koichi live for his BPM tour. I totally understand you. It's an amazing unreal awesome feeling seeing him after waiting and dreaming for so long. happy.gif I understand.

haha! I'm glad you enjoyed reading them. I realised there were some typo errors here and there..hahaha! sorry about that.

OH! U went for BPaM last year?! Thats so cool !!! I had the ticket but I couldn't go. T__T hahahaha! Are you going for this year's solo concert?

--------------------
"Can you make endless moments to step, to shine, to l♥ve."
Show must go on !! ♥[+MILLION but-LOVE]♥
「Ko-chan: "Are you willing to be the oil to the engine that drives me?"
Kristy: "YES! Please take me away in your Ferrari."」

Avvie credits to cold_jade
duotiger51
Posted: Jul 31 2010, 09:39 PM

Official Pop Addict

Group: Admin
Member No.: 983

Koichi Domoto's "Endless SHOCK" aims for U.S.

KinKi Kids member Koichi Domoto (31) has been performing his musical "SHOCK" (currently titled "Endless SHOCK") since 2000. On Saturday, after the musical's 751st performance, it was announced by Johnny's Jimusho president Johnny Kitagawa that there are plans to bring the production to the United States by as early as 2012.

Saturday marked the final performance of "Endless SHOCK" for this year. 2010 was a milestone for the musical, as an anniversary year and as the first year that it was performed 100 times.

The central story of "SHOCK" is about a small, unknown group of actors in New York who get a chance to produce a big show for a Broadway theater. Because of its story and its long-running success so far, Kitagawa feels that American audiences can also enjoy the musical. Currently, he is aiming to have it performed in major entertainment cities such as New York and Las Vegas, though more specific planning will be done later this year.

The United States will not be the only new location for the musical. Up until now, all of the performances have been held at the Imperial Garden Theater in Tokyo, but in 2012, Kitagawa plans to do shows in other major cities in Japan, including Osaka, Nagoya, Sapporo, and Fukuoka. The U.S. performances, if they happen, would be in addition to those new venues.

It was also announced on Saturday that Domoto will release a new solo album titled "BPM" on September 1, his first in four years. Starting on September 11, he will launch a solo tour consisting of 25 concerts at 9 venues.

Source: Tokyograph

My god! So much good news in such a short time! It's mind blowing! faint.gif

I love this man! drool1.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Kohei Uchimura

hidamari
Posted: Aug 7 2010, 10:11 PM

Official Pop Addict

Member No.: 1,230

Kristy, thank you soo much for the ES report!! hug.gif love7.gif love7.gif
I totally enjoyed it!

Fyi, if you like "Solitary" so much, the first-press regular edition of Koichi's new album will have a 4-minute clip of that... happy.gif
kristy_KxK
Posted: Aug 8 2010, 12:40 AM

Pop Junkie

QUOTE (hidamari @ Aug 7 2010, 10:11 PM)
Kristy, thank you soo much for the ES report!! hug.gif love7.gif love7.gif
I totally enjoyed it!

Fyi, if you like "Solitary" so much, the first-press regular edition of Koichi's new album will have a 4-minute clip of that... happy.gif

hahahaha!! Glad you enjoyed it. =) laugh.gif It couldn't really describe my true feelings there.

Yup!! I know!! I'm so glad he actually included Solitary into his new album, not only that, but he also included Solidary as performed in Endless SHOCK in DVD ! OMG!!!!! Koichi loves me so much !! I mean..I love Koichi so much! love7.gif love4.gif

--------------------

hidamari
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 10:41 AM

Official Pop Addict

I'm not sure if I should put these here... scans from Gyao magazine Apr 2010, from this year's Shock:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
hidamari
Posted: Sep 25 2010, 09:18 PM

Official Pop Addict

Scans from Koichi's column in Pia magazine:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
kristy_KxK
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 08:04 AM

Pop Junkie

QUOTE (hidamari @ Sep 25 2010, 09:18 PM)
Scans from Koichi's column in Pia magazine:
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

OMG!! This was what I've been searching for so long !! Koichi's Endless Days in PIA magazines !!!! Thank you so much !!! This really helped me saved alot of money. hahaha! XD hug.gif

--------------------

hidamari
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 08:57 AM

Official Pop Addict

QUOTE (kristy_KxK @ Sep 27 2010, 12:04 AM)
OMG!! This was what I've been searching for so long !! Koichi's Endless Days in PIA magazines !!!! Thank you so much !!! This really helped me saved alot of money. hahaha! XD  hug.gif

You're welcome happy.gif

But, er, I only had up to issue # 8/12 (I think)... and I don't have any means to buy subsequent issues. Or rather, to be more precise, I refuse to pay the ridiculously marked up price to have them imported to where I now live laugh.gif
It seems that he's continuing with the column, though now the topic is on his BPM 2010 con instead of Shock. Too bad... ninja.gif
kristy_KxK
Posted: Sep 26 2010, 09:44 AM

Pop Junkie

QUOTE (hidamari @ Sep 26 2010, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (kristy_KxK @ Sep 27 2010, 12:04 AM)
OMG!! This was what I've been searching for so long !! Koichi's Endless Days in PIA magazines !!!! Thank you so much !!! This really helped me saved alot of money. hahaha! XDá hug.gif

You're welcome happy.gif

But, er, I only had up to issue # 8/12 (I think)... and I don't have any means to buy subsequent issues. Or rather, to be more precise, I refuse to pay the ridiculously marked up price to have them imported to where I now live laugh.gif
It seems that he's continuing with the column, though now the topic is on his BPM 2010 con instead of Shock. Too bad... ninja.gif

haha~ yeah..sadly. for that one page, I need to get the whole magazine!!

Ahhhhh!! But BPM Endless Days looked interesting too. I'm still trying to save up so that I can purchase the backissues and the latest issues. >.< I'll scan and share those that aren't up if I have them. LOL laugh.gif

--------------------

ladyxenax
Posted: Sep 27 2010, 02:58 AM

Lovelorn

Member No.: 1,522

kristy_KxK
Thanks a lot for your Shock reports ))) I hope I will get the change to watch it live someday )))

hidamari
And thank you for Endless Days biggrin.gif
hidamari
Posted: Feb 5 2011, 01:52 AM

Official Pop Addict

2011 Endless SHOCK started today clap.gif

One of the japanese fan blogs showed a photo of this year's billboard.
It's rather unusual that they chose to showcase the warrior costume, but I think it's a nice one thumbsdown.gif
hidamari
Posted: May 17 2011, 05:50 AM

Official Pop Addict

My friend just told me that next year SHOCK will be shown in Fukuoka and Tokyo! faint.gif
It's soo unusual for Koichi to want to go out of Tokyo! laugh.gif

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/110517/gn...70505001-n2.htm

Translation:
Domoto Koichi, 4 months continuous "SHOCK"

Koichi, who's aiming to break the Imperial Theater's record for the most number of show as individual, is going for a new challenge.

Toho (Group) will be putting on 34 performances of "SHOCK" at Fukuoka's Hakata Theater from 7-31 January, followed by another 105 performances at Tokyo's Imperial Theater from 8 February to 30 April. This will be the first time since 2000's opening that "SHOCK" has a continuous 4-months' run. In terms of showbiz history, it'll also be the first time in 13 years that a play will have such a long run, after Mori Mitsuko's "Hourouki" in 1999.

Performing outside the Imperial Theater is a first in "SHOCK" history, as well as performing outside of Tokyo. Even the 3-month continuous run at the Imperial Theater is also a first.

"SHOCK" is well-known for being a tough show, with its intense fighting scene, falling from 5-meter high staircase and flying stunts on top of the typical song-and-dance routines. However, Koichi did not hesitate (in agreeing to the long schedule).

During the press meeting, Koichi said "Although doing a 4-month-long show is a totally new experience for me, I'm humbled to be offered such a chance. (Therefore) I immediately accepted it." Koichi also stressed that "There's no problem in terms of stamina." As for the regional shows, Koichi happily said "It's been my dream."

This year's 11 March show was interrupted by the Great East Japan Earthquake incident, which happened during the show's intermission period.
Although 76 performances were scheduled between 5 February and 31 March, the remaining 28 shows after 11 March had to be canceled.

"I have mixed feelings (about the cancellations), but foremost in my mind is the sadness of not being able to complete the performances as scheduled," Koichi reflected. "I'd like to somehow compensate for the fact that some people who were looking forward to it were unable to watch "SHOCK" this year," he said.

The show, which is set in New York, paints the story of a youth who puts his everything into show business. [For the sake of Japanese readers, the writer explained what the phrase "The Show Must Go On" means] Having experienced the disruptions brought about by earthquake, this theme resonates deeply in Koichi, who's raring to go for next year's long run."

Hmm.. does that mean there'll be no winter con this year, since Koichi needs to practice? think.gif
hidamari
Posted: Jun 17 2011, 09:50 AM

Official Pop Addict

Interestingly, tickets for SHOCK's 2012 Fukuoka shows are already on sale on J-ticket's domestic site, but not on its international site...
So much for "giving overseas fans a chance to watch Johnny's productions" faint.gif
Fye_D.Flowright
Posted: Jun 17 2011, 10:32 AM

Pop Junkie

Member No.: 1,099

QUOTE (hidamari @ Jun 17 2011, 09:50 AM)
Interestingly, tickets for SHOCK's 2012 Fukuoka shows are already on sale on J-ticket's domestic site, but not on its international site...
So much for "giving overseas fans a chance to watch Johnny's productions" faint.gif

SHOCK 2012? yikes.gif but we are in the middle of june 2011 right now...

papa johnny really work hard for this two Kids ne arr.gif

--------------------
user posted image
colorbar thanks to taguchon@LJ

Kanjani8 - BJ
hidamari
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 07:31 AM

Official Pop Addict

QUOTE (Fye_D.Flowright @ Jun 18 2011, 02:32 AM)
SHOCK 2012? yikes.gif but we are in the middle of june 2011 right now...

papa johnny really work hard for this two Kids ne arr.gif

Yeah, it's kind of strange that they've announced SHOCK 2012 so soon...

But compared to Arashi's schedule, Johnny-san didn't work these two as hard arr.gif
They've only come up with one single so far, and there's no summer concerts this year ninja.gif
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0386 seconds · Archive