Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to KinKi Kids. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Forum Not Closing! New Adminstrators!
kimurafan
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 08:09 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I would like to announce that I would be closing this forum permanently effective April 30, 2008.

The forum has served the Kinki Kids members well for the time it existed but I plan to move on as I have moved on from my previous forum. I have many things I need to accomplish before summer 2009 prior to our big move back to California and fangirling is the least in my priorities.

There are also many Kinki Kids blogs and website which are doing a superb job at the moment and a burst of subbing activity. Look around the English subtitled thread resource link and you will find them.

Thank you once again for your support of the forum all this while. It has been very enjoyable and I will continue to be a Kinki Kids music fan. I'll transfer the majority of the articles I translated for Koichi, Tsuyoshi and Kinki Kids and all my lyrics translation to my blog for keepsake gradually and you are welcome to check them out there. I won't repost photos because the Japanese companies will one day come after us on those just as they are cracking down on uploads.

I'll see you all at my Gaki N Me blog, my one and only cyber extension of myself.

Sandra
Webmistress

--------------------
duotiger51
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 04:27 PM

Official Pop Addict

Member No.: 983

sad.gif This is sad news to read. I suspected this would happen one day but I was hoping not until 2011, 2012 or a much later date. laugh.gif
This is really sad.
Thank you, Sandra for two awesome forums. This one especially will always be near to my heart. love7.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Kohei Uchimura

nagareboshi1
Posted: Apr 21 2008, 09:03 PM

Officially obsessed

Member No.: 1,565

Sandra,

Thank you for all your hard work that you've put into this forum. kiss3.gif

When I first became a KinKi Kids fan, I didn't know where to go to get more informations about them, then I found this forum and learned so much from it. Along the way, I was also lucky to get to know the other KK fans as well.

Good luck on your move to California! Or should I say "Welcome to California". laugh.gif

Please do keep in touch! hugging2.gif
hidamari
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 08:52 AM

Official Pop Addict

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,230

Sandra,
Thank you for such a wonderfully informative & open forum. bow.gif It has helped me a lot in getting up to speed on KK news, as well as given me resources to fangirl laugh.gif
I'm sad that it has to go, cos I don't think whatever's out there can ever hold a candle to what's available here, but I understand that life's not just about these two boys laugh.gif ninja.gif (hides from flying rocks)
All the best on your other projects, and I wish you a smooth & safe move to your new home.
hug.gif

Minna,
hope our paths may cross again somwhere, somehow, in the future ne... bow.gif
(sorry for the rather early goodbye, but just in case I get swamped with work next week...)
ryo
Posted: Apr 22 2008, 03:42 PM

Official Pop Addict

Member No.: 283

I knew KinKi starting from this site. The like to them been growing from this site.
Thank you Sandra and minna who've been updating all about them :)

Good luck with your moving, Sandra~

--------------------
はじまりはいつも雨 「DB Band」
elysia
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 07:02 AM

Officially obsessed

Member No.: 1,184

Sandra,

Sorry for being inactive recently.
Been sick + busy with work...
I haven't been updating my blog too, coz simply too drained to do that.
All the best for your house moving. It can be quite a task!
Send my regards to your adorable kids too.
I'll catch you at your blog!
Feel free to drop by mine too, even though most probably you won't find any updates. ^^;;

Take care everyone!!

elysia
Fye_D.Flowright
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 07:11 PM

Pop Junkie

Member No.: 1,099

Sandra,

This is a very very very sad news. sad.gif I can't control myself to cry in front of my pc right now.

I just start to know more about you here. Thanks a lot to you for developing this wonderful, fun and entertaining forum of Kinki I've ever seen. Thanks a lot for the information and the articles you have translate, because from all of it, I know much more about KinKi and my dear Koichi. Thanks a lot for the gorgeous pics and photos, from all of it I knew that Kinki is the one and only KinKi Kids. No one can be as good as them. Thanks a lot for all of the story and the love from you, spreading all over this forum, because from it, I learned so much about feelings of being fangirl, love to our idol and of course, I learned so much about you too.

Yes, there is so many other site about Kinki Kids, but there is no one as good as here. So many KK' LJ and blogs but no one can be the best like this forum. I love this forum more than other KK sites in this world. This is my real home of Kinki Kids.

BTW, good luck for your moving to California. (one of my dream place in this world laugh.gif ) and FYI, I will transfer to China soon, due to my work. But its just for 3 or 4 months only.

I think I have to make a blog, so that I can continue reading about you and anything related to Kinki in your blog. wink.gif My LJ is not the best one to connect with you ne~~

And if you're free after you're moved to your new place, do please...re-open this forum. I'm waiting for it~~

Fye_D.Flowright love2.gif

p/s..just want to know, is there any forum related to Kinki? can you give me the link? I don't know much about the other forum coz my heart and my mind just think about this forum only~

--------------------
user posted image
colorbar thanks to taguchon@LJ

Kanjani8 - BJ
kimurafan
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 09:43 PM

Administrator

Thank you, duotiger, hidamari, ryo, Fye, nagareboshi, Elysia for your well wishes. We actually have a home in California but it's half the size of our present home in Washington so shaving it down to what we came with is quite a task.

Fye, you don't need to set up an account for WRETCH to comment at my blog. Any readers could comment.

There's jpopmusic that has a KK thread, and there's Bonnie Butterfly I think it's still working. I'm not sure. Google it. I don't visit other KK English forums or threads. At times I go to D2 if I remember to but mostly I check out the Chinese forums and Chinese blogs.

I'll come visit you, Elysia, for Koichi and Nagase news. laugh.gif

--------------------
duotiger51
Posted: Apr 23 2008, 10:09 PM

Official Pop Addict

Actually, Bonnie Butterfly forum has disappeared...again. So at the moment there is no other English KinKi forum besides this one.

Sandra? I have a plea/beg....does the forum really need to close? sad.gif
maybe i should pm you but in case others feel the same. Is there anyway, anyway at all for the forum to stay open? It seems like such a huge loss to get rid of everything because there are still regular posts and visits from members. I know of the few other journals and blogs out there that you mention but this really is the only place where members can completely voice their opinions, etc.

sad.gif is there anyway at all? I understand that with your move you need to focus all of your attention and energy there, but I know there is still enough energy and motivation to keep going here, even if it's not everyday participation I know we could keep going. Right?

bow.gif I'm sorry if I sound selfish, I'm just really heartbroken at the thought of this forum being gone forever. I feel lost already...

--------------------
user posted image

Kohei Uchimura

Fye_D.Flowright
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 02:40 AM

Pop Junkie

Member No.: 1,099

I agree with duotiger51. and you're not sound selfish coz I also think the same way. Sandra, we still can keep going on even not every minute and every day. Maybe you'll be out for a while, but its still okey for us here, as long as this forum still goes on and on.

We need this forum...maybe forever as long as long we are KK fanz. Sorry about this, and sound selfish but...we can still going on together even not everyday, isn't it? sad.gif

--------------------
user posted image
colorbar thanks to taguchon@LJ

Kanjani8 - BJ
kimurafan
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 05:18 AM

Administrator

What if some of you step up to become co-administrator and learn how to change forum banner and delete unwanted posts and unwanted members.

If one or two of you offer to do this, you could take over.

I didn't realize that Bonnie Butterfly is gone too. yikes.gif So this is really the last forum in the English world.

--------------------
Lovesick
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 05:19 AM

First Love

Member No.: 1,734

I know that this is difficult for all of us, but we understand you Sandra.
Take care when you move to your new city...

I'm really happy because here I found people, who are important to me today. And that is your excellent job. I say "is" because you are the soul of this forum, without you, we can try to go on, but will be harder.

Sandra, we can wait, so I think is not necessary to close the forum.
Here, I learnt so much about Kinki Kids, here I started to think and realize how important Kinki Kids are in my life.
here, I understood that I really wanted to be a fan of them... Here, it is a big part of my life.

People like you make the world better.
You help me to understand how I can see this musical life, because you think not only as a fan, you think as a woman who feel the music and who are able to share her experiences with us.

Thank you Sandra.

And Kinki Kids have this beautiful song for you... and for all of us.

There is no reason for you to be sad girl,
when there's so much to see in this world, oh baby
And after rain always comes sunshine,
Don't be afraid, you're gonna be fine.

Cause when you're down
And there's no one around
No one who cares
then we will be right there.

Everybody sing with us, KinKi Kids forever
We'll always be around, always stay together
Come on sing it, KinKi Kids forever

Na na na na...

Girl all you need is to believe in you
Just make a wish and your dream will come true, oh yeahwhen times are tough and you've had enough,
remember girl, don't give it up.

Cause when you're down
No one who cares

Na na na na...

Cause when you're down
No one who cares

Cause when you're down
No one who cares

Na na na na...

tongue.gif

--------------------
You are the reason of my life
duotiger51
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 06:43 AM

Official Pop Addict

Sandra, I wouldn't mind. I'll volunteer to help out.

But, yes once again BB forum has vanished. I don't know why. ???

--------------------
user posted image

Kohei Uchimura

nagareboshi1
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 06:54 AM

Officially obsessed

Member No.: 1,565

Hi Sandra,

I can help out on the secretarial work, i.e. changing banners, etc., but I couldn't provide news update like you do (I rely mostly on this forum for the updated news. laugh.gif )

If you can teach me how to do it, I'll certainly be glad to help out. Just let me know. happy.gif
kimurafan
Posted: Apr 24 2008, 07:15 AM

Administrator

Okay, let me email both of you how to do things. dance2.gif dance2.gif

--------------------
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0306 seconds · Archive