zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to KinKi Kids. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Security Police Aka Sp By Junichi Okada
elysia
Posted: Nov 19 2007, 05:41 AM

Officially obsessed

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,184

Sandra,

I second your thoughts on the pace too!
It's toooooo slow for my liking.
I was excitedly sitting down to watch Episode 3 just to realise "WHAT?! IT'S GOING TO STRETCH TO THE NEXT EPISODE AGAIN?!" *argh* TOO SLOW!!! Surely they don't need to keep on dragging more than half of the episode on how the terrorists try to control the hostages in the hospital right?

OMG... this is the only drama I'm watching faithfully this season but it's so slow.... faint.gif I'm sure I'll throw eggs at them if they end off the last episode abruptly or what.

On another note, I'm really surprised when I was watching Mezamashi TV the other day and they said Junichi is the one who is choreographing the fighting action moves. *wohh~~*

elysia
Sandra
Posted: Nov 26 2007, 09:25 AM

Official Pop Addict

Member No.: 1,564

The subbed version of SP ep 1 is out !
http://www.d-addicts.com/forum/viewtopic_55433.htm

I've watched ep. 4 last night. I don't think truly they should have given away all the action scenes in the ending credits of ep 3. It was like....eh? that's all there is to it?

Now, I just hope that his immediate supervisor Shinichi is the killer of his parents and not only does Junichi find out but pls let Shinichi hide it as much as possible and in the end, give them a cat and mouse chase. Otherwise this story would be too plain, too plain.

For 4 episodes, Shinichi is just walking around saying a few things here and there being totally under utilized.

If this drama is supposed to be serious, then make it more serious with more malice. If this drama is supposed to be funny, put more funny lines in.

It's neither here nor there.

It's not funny like Bayside Shakedown and Hero nor serious like Saimen or Proof of Men.

It's very hard to take it seriously.

I know my complaints are driving all the readers away but those are my thoughts. If I don't post them, you won't see how I feel about this drama.

We need conflict and wholehearted striving asap or else it really drags.

That's why Infernal Affairs is such a great movie because there is internal conflict, turmoil, wholehearted striving and the audience is on the edge hoping to see every small action of Tony Leung and Andy Lau and the cause and effect.

That's why in Time of Dog and Wolf, we are on the edge of the seat because every moment, Lee Jun Ki as the mole could be revealed and get killed.

That's why in the Lobbyists, the latest Korean drama by Song Il Gook, you are still kind of glued to it because you see Song Il Gook, the right hand man to the mafia is constantly striving to get ahead and yet beaten up at every job, and the female star is striving to revenge for his father and every step she is thwarted. That striving is very important.

--------------------
yi thying
Posted: Nov 30 2007, 02:10 AM

Constant Day Dreamer

Member No.: 1,575

sorry it took me so long to post the magazine scans...here is an SP article happy.gif

Potato December 2007
user posted image
kimurafan
Posted: Dec 30 2007, 11:13 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Excuse me for the lack of comments on this thread. I have not been watching this drama since episode 4. I will probably pick it up when the English subs come out.

But here is some news about it. Obviously, I must be one of the odd ones who don't like this drama. laugh.gif

HYD most satisfying drama of 2007
Fri, December 28, 2007 (2:25am EST)
Oricon has published the results of its viewer satisfaction rankings for the television drama series of 2007. #1 was "Hana Yori Dango 2," which also ranked highest in the winter survey. It was followed closely by the top spring drama, "Kaette Kita Jikou Keisatsu," but the top summer drama, "LIFE," managed to only make #11.

The top 20 are:

1. Hana Yori Dango 2 (75.2%)
2. Kaette Kita Jikou Keisatsu (74.9%)
3. Galileo (73.6%)
4. Iryu 2 (73.2%)
5. Karei Naru Ichizoku (71.3%)
6. SP (70.9%)
7. Haken no Hinkaku (70.0%)
8. Papa to Musume no Nanokakan (69.7%)
9. LIAR GAME (69.2%)
10. Hanazakari no Kimitachi e (69.0%)
11. LIFE (68.0%)
12. Proposal Daisakusen (67.7%)
12. Hotaru no Hikari (67.7%)
12. Haikei, Chichiue-sama (67.7%)
12. Tokumei Kakarichou Tadano Hitoshi 3 (67.7%)
16. Tokyo Tower (66.9%)
17. Yamada Taro Monogatari (66.8%)
18. Watashitachi no Kyoukasho (66.7%)
19. Bambino! (66.2%)
20. Hataraki Man (66.1%)

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-2323

--------------------
kimurafan
Posted: Jan 13 2008, 11:46 AM

Administrator

It looks like the subbers are not progressing on the English subs for this drama. They are looking for translators.

Does anyone here need any English synopsis, or is it pretty evident so far? Let me know. I have the Chinese copy and so I could do the synopsis and key conversations if anyone need them.

Edit: No need. They seem to be back on track now.

--------------------
kimurafan
Posted: Jan 24 2008, 01:13 PM

Administrator

"SP" drama gets prime time special
Wed, January 23, 2008 (3:41pm EST)
Fuji TV's Saturday night drama series "SP" will be transformed into a one-shot special on April 5, airing at 9:00pm. The series ends its 11-episode run this week, but so far, it has averaged 15.0% ratings despite its late time slot (11:10pm-11:55pm).

The action drama is scripted by Kazuki Kaneshiro ("GO") and directed by Katsuyuki Motohiro ("Odoru Daisousasen"). It stars Junichi Okada, Shinichi Tsutsumi, and Yoko Maki as special police bodyguards.

According to producer Ichiro Takai, the special episode will cover the original 11-episode series, but it will be re-edited and the timeline will be rearranged. It will also reveal a "secret" that is left undisclosed in the original, leading to some additional scenes that have already been filmed. Takai hopes the new version will appeal both to first-time viewers and the show's regular audience.

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-2453

--------------------
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0262 seconds · Archive