Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Beastmen skin with the new Citadel paints.
@allmyownbattles
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 08:16 PM

Gor

Group: Member
Member No.: 5,440

I was just wondering what everyone's schemes are for gor or ungor skin now that GW have messed all the colours up.

What do the combos for flesh and tanned flesh look like? (2 thirds of the way down)
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/...atId=cat820002a

Has anyone got any better ideas?

All ideas appreciated!
Chaos, MD
Posted: Jun 18 2012, 09:20 PM

More off than show

Member No.: 3,029

I go with a dark brown skin, flesh around the snout, and gray fur/hair. Red cloth.

user posted image

I did one in an alternate scheme:
user posted image

This post has been edited by Chaos, MD on Jun 18 2012, 09:22 PM

--------------------
:coffee:
FW Daemon Prince of Khorne WIP*FINISHED*
Various Projects & The Herd of Khraal-Anok the Crowned-One Working towards the P3 Masters Paint Comp
Beast Army Commission for Spikes

My army thread: It's Chaos! and Part II

And remember, when in doubt paint it RED

My CMoN. I need some votes!
SquishyGor
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 03:25 AM

Bestigor

Member No.: 4,937

Chaos...how do I say this? You are a paint God. We just can't do what you can do.

Back to the point- the new paints haven't changed the way I've been doing my colour scheme at all. In fact, get ready for this, I love the new paints. I don't have to mix my mid-colours anymore and some of GW's painting guides have helped me out.

My Gors are painted dark brown, black washed, and then drybrushed with a lighter brown. Ungors are painted using a pallid skin technique from a White Dwarf (I think April's issue). Go to a Hobby Centre and try out the new paints with an old model. You might get a different perspective on Beast flesh.

--------------------
The gods always answer prayers but it takes a wise man to understand when the answer is "No"

user posted image
popisdead
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 03:54 AM

Van Goghbull

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 474

I wish I could paint eyes. other than bad moon yellow and red ink coffee.gif

ahem,.. I think most people feel darker browns work well with Beastmen. I like Bestial Brown as a skin base myself and Scorched for the fun.

This post has been edited by popisdead on Jun 19 2012, 03:54 AM

--------------------
Hewhorocks
Posted: Jun 19 2012, 04:16 AM

Beastlord

Member No.: 4,579

Funny, my game color ultra marine blue with a "strong tone" AP ink wash seems almost exactly the same as it was before GW messed with their paints!

I've done the desert sand primer with AP Dip that works well enough for the table. Then again my models look like a 3 year old's crayon drawing of a cat compared to Chaos MD's stuff.

This post has been edited by Hewhorocks on Jun 19 2012, 04:17 AM
Chaos, MD
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 02:33 PM

More off than show

Member No.: 3,029

QUOTE (SquishyGor @ Jun 18 2012, 10:25 PM)
Chaos...how do I say this? You are a paint God. We just can't do what you can do.

Nah, just practice. That is what I did/do.

I didn't post to make anyone sad, just showing the color combos I like.

--------------------
:coffee:
FW Daemon Prince of Khorne WIP*FINISHED*
Various Projects & The Herd of Khraal-Anok the Crowned-One Working towards the P3 Masters Paint Comp
Beast Army Commission for Spikes

My army thread: It's Chaos! and Part II

And remember, when in doubt paint it RED

My CMoN. I need some votes!
halldorben
Posted: Jun 24 2012, 08:22 PM

Bestigor

Member No.: 5,043

The new skrag brown with scorched brown as fur looks good to me. I also use the new doombull brown and scorched brown as fur.
@allmyownbattles
Posted: Jun 25 2012, 05:18 PM

Gor

Member No.: 5,440

Thanks for your suggestions everyone. I waiting on a few of the new paints arriving in the mail (bestigor and ungor flesh among others) so I'm gonna try a few different combos then. I've just been using Tallarn Flesh, Ogryn Flesh, Tallarn Flesh, Elf Flesh up to now and they're looking ok.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Painting and Modelling | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1861 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring