InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Demigryphs and traitorkin
sexy beast
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:55 AM

Wrinklestiltskin

Group: Member
Member No.: 209

Guys,

I'm a bit unsure how traitorkin works against a unit of demigryphons. The rider has one wound, the chicks have three, the chicks attack the riders, but how many wounds do you need to cause before one goes poof?

--------------------
- Ignore the post above, the poster will change his mind in about 5 minutes time -

user posted image
gjnoronh
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:42 PM

Doombull

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 646

Three sad.gif
The Charioteer
  Posted: Apr 21 2012, 12:45 PM

Funny man

Member No.: 4,927

It would be 3. The monstrous cav rule says that you always use the the most wounds available and our book doesn't say to do otherwise.

Note that it wouldn't get the mounted or barding saves so the dude would have a 4+ or 3+ armor save.

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
You are guilty! The punishment is death for all who live.

a-hahahahahahaha. Here is a fact, my left nipple was once burned off and regrew. So I have Wolverine's regen powers,.. but only proven effective so far on my left nipple.

6+ Regen is better than no Regen, pop

Popisdead and Rothgar on having Regen
sexy beast
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 02:10 PM

Wrinklestiltskin

Member No.: 209

Thanks guys.

I was thinking that with all the monstrous cavalry being released our lore was getting a little more interesting.

--------------------
- Ignore the post above, the poster will change his mind in about 5 minutes time -

user posted image
halldorben
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 03:50 PM

Bestigor

Member No.: 5,043

I was thinking the same thing. The only downside I can see is that the spells cost a little too much. If bestial surge cost 5+ then I'd be happy.
Irenicus
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:43 PM

Minotaur

Member No.: 4,905

QUOTE (The Charioteer @ Apr 21 2012, 12:45 PM)
It would be 3. The monstrous cav rule says that you always use the the most wounds available and our book doesn't say to do otherwise.

Note that it wouldn't get the mounted or barding saves so the dude would have a 4+ or 3+ armor save.

thumbsup.gif

they would only have a 6+ armour save as demigryphs are S5 and have armour piercing. since the spell automatically hits then 3 attacks. dont roll any 1s as you wound on a 2+ and hope they dont get lucky and roll a 6 for armour save and the demigryph is dead. in a large unit of them you could quite easily wipe out over 3 quarters of them

Edit actually i dont think they get to use their armour piercing rule with this spell (because of the wording of the spell). so they would have 5+ armour save. well that threw off my calculations a bit

This post has been edited by Irenicus on Apr 21 2012, 11:46 PM

--------------------
Lore of Shadow = Win
The Charioteer
  Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:22 AM

Funny man

No they still get armor piercing.

--------------------

a-hahahahahahaha. Here is a fact, my left nipple was once burned off and regrew. So I have Wolverine's regen powers,.. but only proven effective so far on my left nipple.

Bossman
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:23 AM

Bestigor

Member No.: 5,117

I use traitor kin on mourn fangs all the time, good times
Irenicus
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:31 AM

Minotaur

Member No.: 4,905

QUOTE (The Charioteer @ Apr 22 2012, 01:22 AM)

no they dont. the spell doesnt say the mounts attack the riders. it sais the rider takes a number of hits equal to the Attacks characteristics of their mount, and at the same strenght. this means that no special rules like armour piercing or poison would come into effect

--------------------
Lore of Shadow = Win
The Charioteer
  Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:38 AM

Funny man

QUOTE (Irenicus @ Apr 22 2012, 01:31 AM)

no they dont. the spell doesnt say the mounts attack the riders. it sais the rider takes a number of hits equal to the Attacks characteristics of their mount, and at the same strenght. this means that no special rules like armour piercing or poison would come into effect

Rules lawyer! laugh.gif You may be right but i think that's against the spirit of the game (and spell)

Yep so the spell that makes the beast attack the rider doesn't actually make the beast attack the rider... Typical Games Workshop. shrug.gif

--------------------

Gojiragor
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 10:21 AM

Pedantic Beastlord

Member No.: 3,753

QUOTE (The Charioteer @ Apr 22 2012, 02:38 AM)
QUOTE (Irenicus @ Apr 22 2012, 01:31 AM)

Rules lawyer! laugh.gif You may be right but i think that's against the spirit of the game (and spell)

Yep so the spell that makes the beast attack the rider doesn't actually make the beast attack the rider... Typical Games Workshop. shrug.gif

He's right though. You follow the rules as best you can. They don't make allowances for special rules maybe because it's simply less messy in certain cases. There is no way anyone can say, 'here is obviously what they meant' after the ogre faq. Stick to the rules as best you can and use whatever faqs are in effect, like house rules, etc faq etc.

The ogre faq was a game changer for me and I'll never be as vigorous with my RAI opinion on someone because of it.

This post has been edited by Gojiragor on Apr 22 2012, 10:33 AM

--------------------
user posted image
-Beastmen, probably the best army in the world.

Best website on the internet. http://godzillahaiku.tumblr.com/
http://www.hobbycraic.com The Irish Warhammer Podcast.
halldorben
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 01:04 PM

Bestigor

Member No.: 5,043

For me its a game within a game interpreting the rules of warhammer, its fun. But the playstyle should fit the scene. Sometimes loose and common sense playing is called for, sometimes strict rules interpretation is. The question you should ask yourself is, "am I going to go to any tournaments with my army?", if yes then stick with the most strict interpretation of the rules so you get used to it, if no then play anyway you think is best.
popisdead
Posted: Apr 22 2012, 11:34 PM

Van Goghbull

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 474

QUOTE (halldorben @ Apr 21 2012, 07:50 AM)
I was thinking the same thing. The only downside I can see is that the spells cost a little too much.

I keep finding that as well. I look at the lore again ever so often thinking I'll give it a try but nope.

--------------------
kris_kapsner
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:35 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 1,490

QUOTE (halldorben @ Apr 21 2012, 03:50 PM)
I was thinking the same thing. The only downside I can see is that the spells cost a little too much. If bestial surge cost 5+ then I'd be happy.

If it cast at a 5+ AND allowed you to enter combat with it, you would see quite a few beastmen players actually taking Lore of the Wild on one or two of their shaman. The 6 would actually be kind of interesting if you got it off with just your level 1 or 2 shaman too. And, as mentioned in this thread, with the monstrous cav coming out in armies these days, it's certainly getting more interesting.
Skewgor
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 10:52 PM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,387

I use the Lore of the Wild. It fits the theme of the army.

Level 4 Lore of wild with Hagtree Fetish

Level 1 with a staff of Dakoth

Level one with Ruby Ring.

So there is the Viletide thing with SLUGS AND WORMS !

Sometimes I even get a Brey-Scream off.

More often than not I blow myself up.

Tried Devolve but it doesnt work too well with a BSB around.

I do think the lore is a good way to deal with 1up armor save knights and cavalry between the scream and Traitor you can get those tarpits out of there.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Rules | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0805 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring