InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Aanchuth - Gabrax Warlock, New BaneLord
Gojiragor
Posted: May 8 2012, 10:26 PM

Pedantic Beastlord

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,753

QUOTE (Slowly We Rusty @ May 8 2012, 06:08 PM)
That Aanchuth model is fantastic! Too bad I already have two unpainted shamansesses . . . angry.gif

You will easily need more than 2.

I'm getting one as usually I run 4 shamans.

--------------------
user posted image
-Beastmen, probably the best army in the world.

Best website on the internet. http://godzillahaiku.tumblr.com/
http://www.hobbycraic.com The Irish Warhammer Podcast.
Slowly We Rusty
Posted: May 8 2012, 11:00 PM

Bestigor

Member No.: 5,389

I know, but if I don't pace myself I'll drowning in a sea of grey, unpainted minis!
decker_cky
Posted: May 8 2012, 11:02 PM

Ministry of Truth

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

I'm getting one and I have 5 different painted shamans already. This will let me bump the old monopose shamans from my army even when I take 4 shamans. smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Decker's Beast Blog - Last updated September 2/2011 - Banelords Beastlord and Harpies
Decker's Eclectic Painting and Modeling Diary - Last updated August 29/11 - Bretonnian Knight + Lord
Tallarn 47th Light Infantry Army Diary - Last updated March 29/09 - Leman Russ Eradicator
cygnnus
Posted: May 12 2012, 07:29 PM

Ungor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,322

For anyon thinking about getting Aanchuth, Maelstrom is currently having a 17% off sale one their website, including pre-releases. Redemption code is: REVAMPED

I picked up all three Gabrax models...

Edit with details of the sale:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there,

It's been a long while in coming - over a year in fact! - but our long-awaited tinkering with the Maelstrom Games website (www.maelstromgames.co.uk) is finally here, and we're giving you a superb 17% off the UK recommended retail price for pretty much everything on our website from now until the 20th of March!

THE LONG-AWAITED REVAMP
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the surface it might not seem that we've done much with the website, apart from making it wider (and thus easier to pick what you need without scrolling!) and adding a couple of graphics tweaks, but the changes run very deep indeed, much of which you do not see as a customer.

Perhaps the biggest change for you lies in the basket, for it has been overhauled completely, although again a lot of that you will not see. Even so it is now more informative for you (certainly in terms of error messages), much easier to understand and gives you better shipping options (including a Collect In Store option) as well as showing VAT correctly for our overseas customers. Your order confirmation e-mail now contains a PDF invoice with all the information you see on the website's order confirmation page, too.

There's more changes to the website going ahead later on this year, too; we're not done yet, so expect further improvements as 2012 continues.

All in all, it's never been easier to order from Maelstrom Games - so why don't you take advantage of the voucher and get your hobby fix in now!

YOUR 17% REVAMP VOUCHER
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your 17% off UK RRP discount voucher ends on Monday the 20th of May at midnight (GMT), and you really do have some superb miniatures to spend your hard-earned on!

It's a great chance to grab yourself all those lovely new ranges we've brought in over the past couple of years - including our latest ranges, Red Box Games and Titan-Forge - since our expansion as well as all your old favourites! It will work on all the items within our webstore, but:

- not on any Flames of War items
- not on any Gale Force Nine items
- not on any Kingdom Death items
- not on any Studio McVey items
- not on any Too Fat Lardies items
- and additionally, not on anything within our eBay store.

Apart from the above, the voucher will work on pre-orders and, crucially, you'll still earn Moneyback - although tiered discounts are disabled when using a voucher of course.

Your voucher code is: REVAMPED

To use this voucher simply register on the webstore, www.maelstromgames.co.uk (if you haven't already), copy and paste the code into the Voucher field in your basket when you have selected the items you want, press 'REDEEM', and the webstore will do the rest. You are not limited to one purchase and, indeed, we would ask you to recommend us to your friends with this voucher!

Remember though that this voucher is intended for the webstore only - it does not apply to any of our auctions or shop inventory items on eBay.

Happy Ordering!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valete,

JohnS

This post has been edited by cygnnus on May 12 2012, 07:32 PM
Billy Ocean
Posted: May 18 2012, 05:22 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 5,331

I just noticed that under the announcement of Aanchuth on the banelegions website they say "Look out for more Gabraz soon...". Given that they've already made the big 3 beastmen characters - beastlord, shaman, bsb - what could they have in store for us next?? Could they be moving into troops?

--------------------
"Chance favors only the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
"There's a whole forum of people who love little plastic goat-monsters as much as you?" - the wife
Best new member 2012 - thanks guys!

The Immigrant Herd: Army Lists, Army Diary
snowblizz
Posted: May 18 2012, 05:29 PM

Grand Arbiter of Fun, Ph.D.

Member No.: 2,098

QUOTE (Billy Ocean @ May 18 2012, 05:22 PM)
I just noticed that under the announcement of Aanchuth on the banelegions website they say "Look out for more Gabraz soon...". Given that they've already made the big 3 beastmen characters - beastlord, shaman, bsb - what could they have in store for us next?? Could they be moving into troops?

They have promised us minotaur troops. wink.gif

--------------------
Billy Ocean
Posted: May 18 2012, 06:12 PM

Doombull

QUOTE (snowblizz @ May 18 2012, 05:29 PM)

Yeh but in their parlance, that is tarvax not gabrax. The fact that they specifically say more gabrax are coming suggests regular beastmen as well as minos. You're right, the promised minos do demonstrate they are indeed moving into troops. The prospect of beastmen troops is pretty exciting tho! I don't wanna get too hyped up, it may be that they just have another character up their sleeves. Still, that in itself is a pretty exciting prospect given the quality of the banelegions models.

This post has been edited by Billy Ocean on May 18 2012, 07:00 PM

--------------------
"There's a whole forum of people who love little plastic goat-monsters as much as you?" - the wife

Toe Cutter
Posted: May 18 2012, 06:14 PM

Gorebull

Member No.: 4,850

Was just going to say what you mentioned yourself Billy - they say that there are more Gabrax to come, not Tarvax. Sounds interesting.

--------------------
Army blog

Mr T is the new Nostradamus. Years before the new book was even released, he advised Beastmen modellers everywhere to abandon their jaberslythe modelling projects in protest at the new rules set with the eerily prophetic warning "Quit your Jibber Jabber". Spooky.
Solegga
Posted: May 18 2012, 08:11 PM

Minotaur

Member No.: 5,097

QUOTE (Billy Ocean @ May 18 2012, 06:12 PM)

Yeh but in their parlance, that is tarvax not gabrax. The fact that they specifically say more gabrax are coming suggests regular beastmen as well as minos. You're right, the promised minos do demonstrate they are indeed moving into troops. The prospect of beastmen troops is pretty exciting tho! I don't wanna get too hyped up, it may be that they just have another character up their sleeves. Still, that in itself is a pretty exciting prospect given the quality of the banelegions models.

I like the idea of troops, but not for Beastmen. I like our models (well, OK, razorgors are awful) and Minos too imo aren't that bad. Compared to other GW troops ours are both new and nicely done.

I had posted a ballot some time ago. I'd like to see other chariots if I had the choice. But other (lesser) races have more reasons to grumble imo... cool.gif
cygnnus
Posted: May 18 2012, 08:19 PM

Ungor

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,322

QUOTE (Billy Ocean @ May 18 2012, 02:12 PM)

Gotta admit, I'd be a lot more interested in Minotaurs than Beastmen. GW has a quality product with the latter. The former, not so much...

Valete,

JohnS
bananaman
Posted: May 23 2012, 09:45 AM

Bestigor

Member No.: 3,824

There will be more Gabrax and Tarvax to come - of many wierd and wonderful kinds.

They are a part of our Fomorian faction in our setting/game and there will be some things on the way that may suprise you! wink.gif

--------------------
ungorlucky
Posted: May 23 2012, 09:57 AM

Doombull

Member No.: 2,384

Whilst not in the hobby as such any more I still admire well looking figures.

I think these are very nice especially the Beastman Shaman . Just seems to tick all the right boxes for me and will be clearly an asset in a well painted army. wink.gif

Its just a pity that GW won't allow you to use them in their stores or any GW organised event . gripe.gif
Toe Cutter
Posted: May 23 2012, 12:00 PM

Gorebull

Member No.: 4,850

QUOTE (bananaman @ May 23 2012, 09:45 AM)
There will be more Gabrax and Tarvax to come - of many wierd and wonderful kinds.

They are a part of our Fomorian faction in our setting/game and there will be some things on the way that may suprise you! wink.gif

You big tease biggrin.gif

--------------------
Army blog

Mr T is the new Nostradamus. Years before the new book was even released, he advised Beastmen modellers everywhere to abandon their jaberslythe modelling projects in protest at the new rules set with the eerily prophetic warning "Quit your Jibber Jabber". Spooky.
Billy Ocean
Posted: May 23 2012, 02:59 PM

Doombull

Ooo intriguing. I agree with you guys above that we're in no great need of alternative beastmen troops apart from minos. The GW gor, bestigor and ungors are pretty great. But it sounds like banelegions are planning some more exotic types of thing anyway, which is very exciting. I just hope I will be able to find some use for them in my army.

QUOTE (ungorlucky)
Its just a pity that GW won't allow you to use them in their stores or any GW organised event.

GW events are full of 12yr olds anyway, and 'ardboyz - the only good tournament they ran IMO - is gone, so I have jumped fully on the alternative miniatures bandwagon and just play at the LGS instead.

This post has been edited by Billy Ocean on May 23 2012, 03:03 PM

--------------------

Blackspine
Posted: May 23 2012, 06:39 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 4,391

not only that, but all my LGS's are telling me that GW has abandoned / pulled support for tournaments and events.

so, it's open season for 3rd party.

--------------------
http://thenerdalsorises.wordpress.com/

How low on the Beastman social ladder do you have to be to be the ass end of a Centigor?
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Painting and Modelling | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 2 [3] 4 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2016 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring