Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

whats the guess for next release
The Charioteer
  Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:29 AM

Funny man

Group: Member
Member No.: 4,927

Wild riders cause fear and have a ward save. They aren't TOO bad for cav I suppose.

--------------------
You are guilty! The punishment is death for all who live.

a-hahahahahahaha. Here is a fact, my left nipple was once burned off and regrew. So I have Wolverine's regen powers,.. but only proven effective so far on my left nipple.

6+ Regen is better than no Regen, pop

Popisdead and Rothgar on having Regen
decker_cky
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 04:30 PM

Ministry of Truth

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

Only fear on the charge.

T3 5+/5++* is about as good as T4 4+. Fast cav lets them determine matchups much more than centigors. Having access to a banner is nice for WE, who otherwise just have it on their archers. Not a great choice, but they can force mismatches for certain builds.

Treekin are better for sure though.

--------------------
user posted image
Decker's Beast Blog - Last updated September 2/2011 - Banelords Beastlord and Harpies
Decker's Eclectic Painting and Modeling Diary - Last updated August 29/11 - Bretonnian Knight + Lord
Tallarn 47th Light Infantry Army Diary - Last updated March 29/09 - Leman Russ Eradicator
hornywingythingy
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 06:33 PM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,347

QUOTE (mrtn @ Apr 24 2012, 03:47 PM)

@hornywingythingy: I just bought 44 Thirty Years War models from Warlord Games for about 17. Sure, it was in a sale from Maelstrom, but still, I think I would get an army for 50 at those prices. Comparing GW to the other "brand" names only takes you so far, when there are cheaper "small brand" goods available.

True mate, but unless warlord games quality has vastly improved the models aren't anywhere near gw quality (last I saw was the Romans and celts, nice, but not amazing) plus historical does tend to be cheaper than fantasy, you could buy whole armies in dbm for twenty quid, and I made three ww2 armies with 1/72scale models for about 60.

@ the charioteer.

I live in the uk. Yes, but there are ways around this, postage to friends and family who then repost to you in Australia, hell there are even companies that do this (not sure about Australia, but def for USA.)

The only stuff I buy at rrp in the uk are army books and finecast, everything else I get at 15-20%off rrp. I know Australia is expensive, but this isn't a new thing, people have been complaining about prices in Australia for atleast the last ten years. (they have been doing the same in the uk, its only with hindsight that it looks cheap.)
rothgar13
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 07:04 PM

Beastly Beastlord

Member No.: 4,917

T3/5+/5++ is actually a little worse than T4/4+ against S3 and S4 (but better against S6+), Fast Cav is a wash with Primal Fury and getting 2 S5 attacks over 1 S5 attack and 1 S3 attack (IMO), and Drunken is a bit worse than ItP overall. That sounds like more or less the same value, and then we factor in that Centigors are cheaper and we know who the winner is - and that's not even a unit that's considered to be good! I think they're terrible, to be honest.

--------------------
"The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

Rothgar's Ramhorns (7/30/2011-present): W 47 / D 4 / L 45 ; Battle Reports; Army Diary

Check out my Armybook Rewriting Project! Or my Beastmen Handbook!

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Herdstone Awards: Best New Member (2011)
The Charioteer
  Posted: Apr 26 2012, 07:19 AM

Funny man

Rothgar you are the more experienced, better and more "gamsey" gamer of the two of us but I think you are looking at this the wrong way, instead of comparing two units from different armies try thinking of what that particular unit does for the particular army its from. And for woodies they are very useful.

--------------------

a-hahahahahahaha. Here is a fact, my left nipple was once burned off and regrew. So I have Wolverine's regen powers,.. but only proven effective so far on my left nipple.

snowblizz
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 08:24 AM

Grand Arbiter of Fun, Ph.D.

Member No.: 2,098

QUOTE (The Charioteer @ Apr 26 2012, 07:19 AM)
Rothgar you are the more experienced, better and more "gamsey" gamer of the two of us but I think you are looking at this the wrong way, instead of comparing two units from different armies try thinking of what that particular unit does for the particular army its from. And for woodies they are very useful.

I'd agree with this. In the context of the WE army I'd say Wildriders area very useful unit. I've always seen them used much more successfully than Centigors.

They are incredibly fast and hit hard for something moving almost as fast as fliers.

8th ed has cut down the effectiveness, no argument there, because you can't break units as easily anymore, but they still bring something interesting to the table. Ie speed + good hitting power.

--------------------
popisdead
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 03:50 AM

Van Goghbull

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 474

Wildriders don't need to charge to win combat, especially vs support units.

I've used 5 Wild Riders, a Noble with the Dawn spear and 8 dryads to beat the tar out of a unit of Gors. Comes down to how you use units and what you do on the table.

Treekin are great, Glade Guard are great (I should know, I just took 80 to a tournament), doesn't mean other units can't be used.

--------------------
Myrdin
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:16 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 5,017

Donta wanna open a new thread.

I read some rummors, upon new DE eldar FaQ:

Today I attended Games Day Chicago and had a chance to chat with Phil Kelly himself. I mentioned to him my sadness at the lack of a power fist, as our anti-termie combat weapons are limited to the demiklaives. He started to ask me why I just didn't use a huskblade, but stopped himself mid-sentance. A few minutes later, he told me that a new FAQ was on the way. Finally GW has listened to our pleas and brought the feared terminator down a rung in the ladder of brokenness. Almost asked him about Chaos Marines, but decided not to. Would have loved to see his reaction though

After reading this, a slight spark of hope occoured, that maybe, just maybe some FaQ changes might happen to us as well (at least the Rare section cost would be appriciated).
Soo, guys, heard anything ?

--------------------
Myrdins Beastmen, Nippon Empire and Tau - diary with a mash up projects for all 3 of my armies.

Chronicles of the Beast - Made up lore and stories for my Natural Beastmen
mrtn
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 05:50 PM

Retrophrenologist

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1,341

Why not start a new thread? In the right forum, which is the Other Games one, and not this, which is for Warhammer? wink.gif coffee.gif

--------------------
Myrdin
Posted: Aug 7 2012, 06:09 PM

Doombull

I dunno, i dislike spammin, and wasnt sure, since this might be it, dont wanna add to the flood of old threads. I just thought, that maybe someone heard some rummours of some Beastie goodines approaching, since the DE got some attention.

I ll go and open a new one in the right part of the forum, if thats all right smile.gif

--------------------
Myrdins Beastmen, Nippon Empire and Tau - diary with a mash up projects for all 3 of my armies.

Myrdin
Posted: May 13 2013, 08:26 PM

Doombull

OK soo i did some diggin around and its pretty damn sure that Lizardmen are going to be next (damn those freaking coldbloods).
The theory i am basing this on is (taken form Bolls Lounge wargames forum):

Originally Posted by 75hastings69
Exactly this ^

Apologies for any confusion.

For clarity running order for 40k & wfb =

40k starter
CSM
WoC
DA
CD/DoC
Tau
HE
Eldar
LM

That little lot should take us to around this time next year or a couple of months after (plus waves of models in between the codex/army book releases.... oh and the hobbit stuff).

As you can see, all of the predictions until now have been true...

This post has been edited by Myrdin on May 13 2013, 08:26 PM

--------------------

The Charioteer
Posted: May 14 2013, 12:52 AM

Funny man

I know as a fact that Eldar are next. I have the same evidence for dwarfs but that Lizard rumor is a big one.

--------------------

popisdead
Posted: May 16 2013, 03:54 AM

Van Goghbull

Eldar photos have been leaked. Someone snapped a photo of a clamshell packaging Farseer.

--------------------
Myrdin
Posted: May 16 2013, 11:11 AM

Doombull

Soo the predicted order from hastings i posted above seems to be true.
Well too bad they dont add one more release per year soo we actually dont have to wait another 2 for our book dry.gif

This post has been edited by Myrdin on May 16 2013, 11:11 AM

--------------------

popisdead
Posted: May 16 2013, 01:42 PM

Van Goghbull

Well, Hastings did say 2015 only brought plastic Centigors, not a new book. Which backs the Ravening Hordes theory.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Warhammer World | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1236 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring