Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (15) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

Intergalactic Planetary of the Beast, 40K Beastmen
mayajid
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 01:50 PM

Bestigor

Group: Member
Member No.: 4,459

Hi all-
I am a huge fan of beastmen- love the story, the models (well most), and the feel of the army ever since I started the hobby 16 years ago. I even get some what annoyed when you get those dudes who thinks they know EVERY THING about the hobby-(every GW community around the world has at least one)-saying that Beastmen are crap. I think the reason behind it is just the fact that they donít know how to use the army properly, and/or they hear and read stuff off the internet from people who donít know how to use them either. The fact that I won many tournaments in Asia with them still does not change their mind for some reasonÖ
Any ways- being both a fantasy and a 40K player it saddens me a bit that there isnít really a ď40k BeastmenĒ type army. I mean there is- but usually itís just a spin-off single unit or so for the IG or Chaos Space marines. There is very little background on them as well, even when you compare them to the Squats (man I miss themÖ)
Having a bit of time on my hands lately, Iíve decided to do a whole army of 40k beast Ė Intergalactic Planetary of the Beast
user posted image
Ö.or space herdÖ name is a working progress as wellÖ.
Iím going to be using the space wolves codex for this because I think in the 40k universe they are kind of the closest thing- tactic and feel of the army-
Ambush rules- behind enemy lines of the scouts-
Gifts-sagas
Counter attack- primal fury (I guess)
And somehow Space wolves units kind of fits whith the beastmen units too-
Gors- grey hunters/ blood claws
Bestigors- Wolf guards
Minotaurs- those wolf riders thing
Harpies- jump pack
Centigors- blood claw bikes
Shaman- wolf priest
Gorgons- dreadnaughts
dogs are dogs etc.

The only thing thatís not really in line with the fantasy beastmen is the ďThey shall know no fear rules- cuz boy, do they run. Oh well, they evolved a higher Leadership I guess.
I decided to start this army diary in hope to inspire other beast lords out there to venture out into the dark reaches of space too (that, and I need more ideas on what else to do).
Bestigors (wolf guards) With power fist and bolt pistols
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Iíve spent many hours on the internet and Ebay just looking for these legsÖ They are perfect I think. The power fist are from lightning claws- I just cut off the claws and cut grooves into the knuckle bit so it looks like knuckle dusters. By the way the reason a lot of the parts is in different color is because itís from my bit box and other models that I have and hacked up.
Gors (grey hunters)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Special weapon(melta guns)/power weapons
user posted image
user posted image
By the way the shoulder pads are from the Space marine commander box. I scour the internet looking for these but could find any or if I did, it was at an extortionate price. So Iíve was a bit naughty and made copies of one of them using instant mould.
user posted image
Beast Lord on razorgor (wolf lord on wolf thing)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
I havenít done the head properly to the mount yet or neaten up the green stuff yet. But will put them up when itís done. The front legs of the mount came from a random toy I got from Daiso (itís the 60 baht shop here in Thailand(the equivalent of the dollar store in the US or Pound land in the UK.))( I miss pound land living here in Thailand)Ö.. the pose came from the art work of Frank Frazetta.
user posted image
Well I tried any way.
Ungors (wolf scouts + special weapons)
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
For the normal ungors, I still donít know what to do with the back. Itís a bit scrawny right nowÖ
Itís a start so thatís it for nowÖ Iím thinking of doing the armor red and another color but donít know what yetÖ Also I have no idea on what to do or use for Rhinos, razor backs, and drop podsÖ if anyone have any Ideas please help me- it will be very much appreciated. thumbsup.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Obscure Creator
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:09 PM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,140

WOW!! Dude the idea is just amazing!! I alway wondered about it , in fact I remember in some old lost codex was some kind of description an even mini army list to use beastmen in 40K games (they used old classic weapons and armours), maybe someone here remember that lines and where it belongs....

Anyway , here's some pics to give you inspiration!

user posted imageuser posted image

--------------------
Acepting painting commissions !
Infamous
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 09:04 PM

Gor

Member No.: 5,170

Great!!! I like those Bestigors a lot, they have much BADASS look.

Are they gonna be chaos worshipers, or just an alien race?

--------------------
Beware the beast man, for he is the devil's pawn. Alone among god's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yay, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
BeastieBoy
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:58 AM

Doombull

Member No.: 4,039

Good stuff

--------------------
mayajid
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 04:39 AM

Bestigor

Infamous- they are going to be using space wolves army list and rules

Obscure Creator- thanks for those- I like the back pack Idea on the green dude, so I think IĀfll use that for the ungor scouts but without the flag. IĀfve been racking my brains out on what to do for ages, but now I know. Once again thanksĀc.
thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by mayajid on Mar 30 2012, 04:40 AM

--------------------
user posted image
mrtn
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 05:41 AM

Retrophrenologist

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1,341

Nice idea for the army! Where are the legs from, Tau? You have a great start.

I made a space beastman, pics in my dirty rotters (plague marines) thread, link in sig.

--------------------
mayajid
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:37 AM

Bestigor

QUOTE (mrtn @ Mar 30 2012, 05:41 AM)
Nice idea for the army! Where are the legs from, Tau? You have a great start.

I made a space beastman, pics in my dirty rotters (plague marines) thread, link in sig.

the legs are from the plastic tau stealth suites.

--------------------
user posted image
Myrdin
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 07:40 AM

Doombull

Member No.: 5,017

epick... ohmy.gif

This post has been edited by Myrdin on Mar 30 2012, 07:40 AM

--------------------
Myrdins Beastmen, Nippon Empire and Tau - diary with a mash up projects for all 3 of my armies.

Chronicles of the Beast - Made up lore and stories for my Natural Beastmen
Obscure Creator
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 12:00 PM

Gor

I've found where that army list was , it was Codex Chaos 2nd edition , with this cover
user posted image

I can't find any downloadable pdf on the net....can someone help?

--------------------
kris_kapsner
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 01:57 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 1,490

Love the idea. I'm not a 40k player but I really like the work you've done. Your green stuff work is very nice.

Side note: I wish I could paint up a banner like that one that I'm assuming was a golden demon winner. Those faded skulls look FANTASTIC!!!

Anvalous
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 03:09 PM

Gorebull

Member No.: 5,008

Rad. Way better than Muppets in Space...

--------------------
decker_cky
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 04:20 PM

Ministry of Truth

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

Very cool. Love the use of the stealth suit legs - it makes the conversions so much better than the typical beastmen heads on space marine bodies.

--------------------
user posted image
Decker's Beast Blog - Last updated September 2/2011 - Banelords Beastlord and Harpies
Decker's Eclectic Painting and Modeling Diary - Last updated August 29/11 - Bretonnian Knight + Lord
Tallarn 47th Light Infantry Army Diary - Last updated March 29/09 - Leman Russ Eradicator
mayajid
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:05 PM

Bestigor

Update time- Right after I finally got thru a huge surge of work, I finally have time to sit down and carry on my progress on my army of the Metal Beasts.

Sacrificing two or three Space beastmen for the greater good Iíve finally found and settled on a color scheme I liked.

Troops- Grey hunters (Gor Hunters unit)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

There will be three units of grey hunters-2 unit will have a razor back and one in a drop pod (still have no idea what to do for a razor back or the drop pod- so if any one have any suggestions Ė I will really appreciate it)

Any hoo these are the grey hunters with melta guns-

user posted image

user posted image

Grey hunters with power weapons-

user posted image

user posted image

Painted Wolf guards (Bestigors)-

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

With a lot of bits and green stuff sculpting- I give you minotaurís!!!! (thunder wolf calvary)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Finally the leader of my whole rag tag iron beast- Beast lord on a wolfÖ thing ( Wolf lord on wolf thing..)
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

As I said I have no idea what to do about vehicle so if any of yall have any idea or suggestion- it would be most appreciated and welcomeÖ critics on the paint job and modeling in general are all welcome and appreciated as well.
thumbsup.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Obscure Creator
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:48 PM

Gor

WOWW!!! Lots of work and creativity here dude!
The only thing that seems wierd to me is in the end they are like "loyal" space marines?? Come on...thats blasphemy ! run.gif

--------------------
Logres
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 07:32 PM

Bestigor

Member No.: 5,107

I love the idea and the feel of this army. You made some great conversions, especially the tau hoofs look very good smile.gif Not really sold on the tiny legs of minotaurs, even though I must say you made a great work converting these guys. Very cool army, good job!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Army Diaries | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic OptionsPages: (15) [1] 2 3 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2455 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring