InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

empire preview up on gw website., preorder on 31st.
snowblizz
Posted: Mar 30 2012, 09:03 AM

Grand Arbiter of Fun, Ph.D.

Group: Member
Member No.: 2,098

QUOTE (SquishyGor @ Mar 29 2012, 08:45 PM)
I was going to collect the Empire anyway just so I could field a Sigmarite Priest. I can't see the pictures but I'm sure they're lovely. Well, there's next month's paycheck gone.

And the next ones too considering what a new army costs nowadays... run.gif run.gif

--------------------
popisdead
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 01:37 AM

Van Goghbull

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 474

I plan to convert up the Amber wizard on foot as another Bray-Shaman.

--------------------
Billy Ocean
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:41 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 5,331

Anyone heard any rumors about what will be stronger/weaker, what we're likely to see a lot of in new empire armies? There will be two empire players in a campaign I'm playing in which starts in weak, and I doubt I'll get a chance to look through the book before I'm up against one of them.

--------------------
"Chance favors only the prepared mind" - Louis Pasteur
"There's a whole forum of people who love little plastic goat-monsters as much as you?" - the wife
Best new member 2012 - thanks guys!

The Immigrant Herd: Army Lists, Army Diary
Saintspirit
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 07:58 PM

Lord of the Permafrost

Member No.: 3,696

I feel like getting one of those gryphons, partially for chaosifying it, but also for getting Ghal Maraz for my dwarfs wink.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Silver)
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ALL ARE UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!

Saintspirit's Shadow Hunter Painting Blog
(\ _ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination
popisdead
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 03:42 AM

Van Goghbull

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 474

QUOTE (Billy Ocean @ Apr 4 2012, 11:41 AM)
Anyone heard any rumors about what will be stronger/weaker, what we're likely to see a lot of in new empire armies?

Only that Mortars and cannons are going up in price.

My guess is GW wants to sell Demigriphs and that big Griffon kit. I know the local Empire guy heard the stats on the Demipgriphs and is likely going to buy a couple kits.

--------------------
Gojiragor
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 09:24 AM

Pedantic Beastlord

Member No.: 3,753

Griffons are cheaper and hittier. Mortars are a third more expensive and dropped to strength 2. 6s to wound a horde of Gors!
Cannon up by 20% ish.
Stank down by 50 points. T6 W10. 360 degree charging, no charge reactions.
Alter is only bound banishment now I think. But gives hatred in a 6" bubble.

Edit: forgot, point increases for state troops, missle troops, flaggies (i think). Flaggies also ws3 now.

Just off the top of my head. I'll taking advantage of GWs release timing by picking my book up today. Most places will get it today in the delivery as tomorrow is good friday!

Overall, I can't wait to start an army. Strange for me, because I normally hate empire. But battle budgies have won me over.

This post has been edited by Gojiragor on Apr 5 2012, 09:26 AM

--------------------
user posted image
-Beastmen, probably the best army in the world.

Best website on the internet. http://godzillahaiku.tumblr.com/
http://www.hobbycraic.com The Irish Warhammer Podcast.
rothgar13
Posted: Apr 5 2012, 07:36 PM

Beastly Beastlord

Member No.: 4,917

Empire looks like a rather fun army right now. The "gunline" build got beat over the head with a mallet, so it looks like combined arms will have to carry the day. They also have access to a slew of buffs to make those puny Humans respectable in a fight.

This post has been edited by rothgar13 on Apr 5 2012, 07:36 PM

--------------------
"The best defense is a good offense." -Gen. George S. Patton

Rothgar's Ramhorns (7/30/2011-present): W 47 / D 4 / L 45 ; Battle Reports; Army Diary

Check out my Armybook Rewriting Project! Or my Beastmen Handbook!

My philosophy on gaming, courtesy of Herm Edwards.

Herdstone Awards: Best New Member (2011)
Gojiragor
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 09:38 AM

Pedantic Beastlord

Spent most of the knight reading the new book and I like it. Can't believe I actually like an empire book. The magic carts are pretty cheap, LESS than half the price of a ghorgon. New martyr rules are disapointing but the prayer system is great. Looking forward to making the army over the coming months, but have no idea what to do with the core. Battle budgies seemed over priced at first at 2 points less than a mournfang, but they have all their equipment already and mournfang have to buy it. 1+ AS and lances or halberds built in. Not bad. The kit is pretty nice too.

--------------------
user posted image

Burb
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 04:47 PM

Ungor

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,297

I can see some issues arising in my area with the Witchunter, Accusation is disconcerting for armies heavily reliant on BSB or another specific character. Accusation + Tools of Judgement could mean things like undead casters wont survive as often as before when up against empire. Ogre slaughtermasters dodge another bullet however I guess due to being Monsterous Infantry.

This post has been edited by Burb on Apr 6 2012, 04:53 PM
Gojiragor
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 06:36 PM

Pedantic Beastlord

He wouldn't really bother my VC setup. He won't really be able to get at my casters which will be bunkered behind my line.

Even with rerolls he still only has 2 attacks basic in combat and is super squishy, so much better things to be worrying about in the empire army. He's only 50 points for a reason pretty much.

--------------------
user posted image

rothgar13
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 07:07 PM

Beastly Beastlord

QUOTE (Gojiragor @ Apr 6 2012, 09:38 AM)
Spent most of the knight reading the new book and I like it. Can't believe I actually like an empire book. The magic carts are pretty cheap, LESS than half the price of a ghorgon. New martyr rules are disapointing but the prayer system is great. Looking forward to making the army over the coming months, but have no idea what to do with the core. Battle budgies seemed over priced at first at 2 points less than a mournfang, but they have all their equipment already and mournfang have to buy it. 1+ AS and lances or halberds built in. Not bad. The kit is pretty nice too.

Quick question, Gojira - are the cavalry Halberds any different from a normal Halberd? The fact that he's holding it in one hand has me holding out hope that you can use them in conjunction with your Shield. Also, do they cost extra?

--------------------

Rothgar's Ramhorns (7/30/2011-present): W 47 / D 4 / L 45 ; Battle Reports; Army Diary

Gojiragor
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 07:21 PM

Pedantic Beastlord

Halberds are a free swap, there's no extra rules for them, so halberds are as is and won't be getting your shields in combat with them. The only pay for options they have are a cheap command @30 points for full, and a choice of 50pt banner.

I assembled mine with lances as after the first round if I'm still there for some reason, you can't use a lance and are back to hand weapon which puts the shield back on the table and back to 1+ AS.

--------------------
user posted image

rothgar13
Posted: Apr 6 2012, 07:47 PM

Beastly Beastlord

Yeah, I think that's the better option. No reason to sacrifice a point of armor save when the monster's the one doing the killing anyhow.

--------------------

Black Tabard
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 07:13 PM

Wargor

Member No.: 3,101

I can see the halberd option being useful since your armor save would be a 2+ like everyone else's knights, which is still very solid.
Gojiragor
Posted: Apr 7 2012, 07:21 PM

Pedantic Beastlord

2+ is good, no denying, but 1+ is better. happy.gif

--------------------
user posted image

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | The Warhammer World | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (6) 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3156 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring