Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

1500 point with DoomBull on carpet, Ideas appreciated
Hewhorocks
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 03:36 PM

Beastlord

Group: Member
Member No.: 4,579

Ok So in my escalation league you are not allowed to win consecutive tiers and as the Beastmen crushed at low magic tiers Im barred from the prize pool moving forward. As such I am going to use this as an opportunity to try some stuff out. Last week it was an ambushing unit of 25 Gors (got eaten by a warsphinx) this week Im going to try out the carpet bull.

Doombull, carpet, charmed shield, amulet of 4+,heavy armor

Wargor 206

Lvl1 beasts
Lvl 1 shadows

39 Gors AHW FC
2x 5 raiders
razorgor
25 beastigor FC+ banner of discipline

It comes to 1500 on the nose

Any refinements that folks see?

Gawkmaster
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 07:08 AM

Hound

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,337

Out of curiosity, what do you intend to use the doombull for? mopping up weaker units or flanking, warmachine hunting etc?
Hewhorocks
Posted: Mar 27 2012, 02:55 PM

Beastlord

Well at 1500 points almost anything may be fair game. I was thinking turn 1 get into the backfield. Grab any easy points hanging around there on turn 2 and look for the back end of anything engaging the blocks moving up. I think the threat of him may cause opponents to over commit to stopping him and allow my blocks much more freedom of movement.

Im fairly confident that things like the ogre cav which just wreck my lines will do their best to avoid the bad boy. Ethereal is a drag though. I could drop the charmed shield and take the 5 plus ward instead to grab a small magic sword and regular shield and then take the helm of hitting you on armor-saves. 3+ /5++ and a bonus attack for every save made makes him a bit more killy and I doubt ill see many multi-cannon lists.

Cookie Warlord
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 05:45 AM

Hound

Member No.: 5,349

lol-
i have always wanted to try a doombull on a carpet... biggrin.gif
hitomi1324
Posted: May 8 2012, 03:11 PM

Hound

Member No.: 5,411

Please tell me how this list plays cause i to am going ot be trying it out. only problem i see with it so far is the low magic lvls but both have there purpose here and if your getting wrecked by magic ill just charge head into a block and murder face the mage, or the less direct aproch, run a block into him and changle him force the mage to the rear and murder face charge the bull into the rear rank where he is less likly to die to always strike first and again murder face the mage!!!!! but thats my thoughts on killing a bunkered mage!

--------------------
go beastmen or go home... o wait ya caint, cuse we already pilliged it and drank all your beer!
Hewhorocks
Posted: May 9 2012, 04:27 AM

Beastlord

The problem I found with this bull build is he needs a magic weapon. He chewed through rank and file but an ethereal character challenged him and he was toast. At this low points magic wasnt to much of an issue. Still versus lvl 3's Dispells were tough and perhaps a single lvl 2 with a ring might have worked a tad better for me. A lvl 2 beasts could hold up a bit better defensively and having the fireball from the ring could make my magic just as versatile.

Let me know how it works for you.

I enjoyed it a great deal.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Army Lists | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0580 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring