Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Infinity
Myrdin
Posted: Dec 14 2011, 06:59 PM

Doombull

Group: Member
Member No.: 5,017

Soo the talk is about the (at least for me) new, tabletop Game called Infinity.
Gamplay wise it is a W 40k styled battle (thoght not soo far in future), where small elit squads (like WFB hero units - in the term of what they can do) dish out insults and pain on the battlefield.

Just this week i got my self both the books, the main rulebook, and the advanced rules expansion (new stuff fo everyone and one new faction). From what i can tell, the factions are really well balanced (unlike WFB) and its more about the choices and mistakes you do on the battlefield, then on what you bring with you.

Each army (alltogather there are 7 factions) has their own speciallity, but thanks to the way the game is build you can literary really "take the right man for the right job" - each unit has several dif. upgrades that allow it to adapt to different scenarios. Soo for example: you can make a specialized long ranged army that hack in CC but lacks any type of hacking, disrupting, covering, etc etc.

Also the minis - they are really nice, 28mm metal ones, each mini has really nicely done even the small stuff and details like grenades on the belt, high heels, multifunctional weapon, etc etc - since each single model is a hero in the term of quality the miniatures do not lack in originality and details.

Overall i must say, that Infinity seems to be a nice game. THe most important thing (or at least one of the msot imporatant ones) is that it IS cheap - you can buy the rulebook that has ALL the factions and the rules inside for some 26 Euros. One starter pack with 6 minis for 24 and you CAN start playing - and by that i mean a full fledged game where you can really make use of everything the game has to offer. If you want you can of course expand your army with more models and play wider, bigger scenarios, and engulf yourself in tactical combat orgie ^^

http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/
Soo how about you people ? Anyone already tried this new tabletop game, and if soo what do you think about it ?

This post has been edited by Myrdin on Dec 25 2011, 12:40 AM

--------------------
Myrdins Beastmen, Nippon Empire and Tau - diary with a mash up projects for all 3 of my armies.

Chronicles of the Beast - Made up lore and stories for my Natural Beastmen
AmPm
Posted: Dec 23 2011, 10:14 AM

Bestigor

Group: Member
Member No.: 4,700

Been playing when I can for a while, great game, great mini's, well balanced and much faster paced. You can get through a scenario game in about and hour pretty easily. Cover and tactics become much more important as you men will die fast if used incorrectly.

It's my current painting project...

--------------------
"an army whose main trait is being naked and angry" -Stoobacca on Beastmen
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other Gaming Systems | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0529 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring