Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (11) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11  ( Go to first unread post )

The Legend of the Cannibals, The howls of the Ghouls
Sherlocko
Posted: Feb 16 2012, 07:50 PM

Almost as beasty as Garganthor, but WAAAAY more Ghorgony!

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1,098

Just fill up the base with a huge totem pole or something.....erhm, well, some cannibalistic totem pole that is.

Love the face mask, really a twisted touch! smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (sturtus on my avatar)
Sherlocko's, cuz its one of his own models, and every time he posts, its like a great big purple shaggoth is yelling things at me.

Garganthors Ghorgon vs. Sherlockos Ghorgon - 12-20
Garganthors Destroyer vs. Sherlockos Destroyer - 43-40
Garganthor
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 05:08 PM

Almost as Ghorgony as Sherlocko, but WAAAAY more Beasty!

Group: Member
Member No.: 1,453

Thanks, mate. Hoppfully I'll be able to make a nice base for it. I'm working on it.

But for now I have only this to show you (which definitly doesn't have too big a base) -

Ka'Wokii the monkey wizard! (or is it an ape?)

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

It's a CMON-orangutang with a simple toy elephant. Not to keen on using toys, normally, but I think this one was quite detailed and well done, so... And I needed, absolutely needed it smile.gif
It is to be my Mortis Engine. Works? If not, any ideas to fix it?

Cheers.

This post has been edited by Garganthor on Feb 22 2012, 04:42 AM

--------------------
Garganthors Beasts vs. Sherlockos Beasts - 12-8

Firestorm Daemons of Tzeentch (sold) Best Painted -10
Warriors and Beasts galore Best Painted Army at III V-11, RTKM-09, Battle Royal-09, Slättaslaget -10, 2nd Best at Swedish Championship -10, BSB Best Painted Model at Hammered 2010, 2nd Best Painted Tag Team-11
The Legend of the Cannibals VC? Empire? Yet another Beast army? Can't decide, and don't want to...
Dwarfs of Khazad Grimaz Best Painted Army Fantasy Bash-09

Jake's a spook! Troll, demon, a ghoul!
Strange, weird - but so cool!
Infamous
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 06:52 PM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,170

Damn what a sick idea! biggrin.gif Dis some scary Doo-Doo. That elephant is terror incarnate.

--------------------
Beware the beast man, for he is the devil's pawn. Alone among god's primates, he kills for sport, or lust, or greed. Yay, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him; drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
mrtn
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 07:18 PM

Retrophrenologist

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1,341

That's brilliant! biggrin.gif

thumbsup.gif

--------------------
Sherlocko
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 07:47 PM

Awesome! Love the facepaint and the frog is a nice touch. Would love to get my hands on some of those. smile.gif

If you want ideas my first thought would be some "lost" souls escaping from the pot, sort of like this bit.
http://www.modelbits.co.uk/images/empire_w...ottle_large.jpg

smile.gif

--------------------
Sherlocko's, cuz its one of his own models, and every time he posts, its like a great big purple shaggoth is yelling things at me.

Shadespyre
Posted: Feb 21 2012, 09:57 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 4,547

Awesome work, only lacks a certain "etherealness" for a Mortis Engine. Floating spirits are a good idea. Perhaps ham up the necromancy a bit more too - more skulls, bones and shrunken heads?

--------------------
popisdead
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 04:04 AM

Van Goghbull

Member No.: 474

ooooh orangutan! Nice.

--------------------
ugluk69
Posted: Feb 22 2012, 05:47 AM

Wargor

Member No.: 4,406

I love it, the stuff in the cauldron looks like it is really boiling!!!!

--------------------
"Looks like meats back on the menu boys!!"

“If you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."
Garganthor
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 09:19 PM

Having had a new little miniature me taking almost all of my time lately, I haven't had the chance to do so much on the army. However, I had some very productive nights at work this weekend, and used those to increase the numbers in my little south lands tribe. So, here is 38 new zombies/pygmies, 5 hyenas/dire wolves, and a new Shaman/necromancer:

user posted image

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

Obviously they need some grass, but otherwise they're done. I'm actually very pleased with the hyenas.

--------------------

Warriors and Beasts galore Best Painted Army at III V-11, RTKM-09, Battle Royal-09, Slättaslaget -10, 2nd Best at Swedish Championship -10, BSB Best Painted Model at Hammered 2010, 2nd Best Painted Tag Team-11
The Legend of the Cannibals VC? Empire? Yet another Beast army? Can't decide, and don't want to...

Blackspine
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 11:10 PM

Doombull

Member No.: 4,391

your hyenas are amazing.

mind if i ask what colors you used?

--------------------
http://thenerdalsorises.wordpress.com/

How low on the Beastman social ladder do you have to be to be the ass end of a Centigor?
Sherlocko
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 07:17 AM

Cool stuff. Love the patches of colour on the necro. smile.gif

--------------------

JacinB
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 05:11 PM

Minotaur

Member No.: 4,084

Your hyenas look a lot like my hyenas! Two thumbs up!
folketsfiende
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:43 AM

Foe Render

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,609

Ace! Ace! Ace!

The Orangutang wizard on the elephant is mindblowing! Awesome in the words real meaning. The Cauldron is especially great, but all of it's fantastic. Hyenas are excellent as well, very good fur. Getting the chance to see these pieces irl makes playing Fantasy battles worth the effort.
Garganthor
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 02:21 PM

Thanks all.

Blackspine
I'm on my next batch of hyenas, and I'm sort of struggling with how I made the first. I am a very undisciplined painter, and while I know I should write down or otherwise document stuff like that, I usually don't, relying on my memory instead. It works quite often, but sometimes I forget. But I think I have these figured out now.

Fur:
Iaynden Darksun as base for the fur. Then apply Calthan brown on the top third, and bleached bone on the bottom third. Dry brush bleached bone. Wash fur with gryphonia sephia, once or twice.

Then I don't know really. Further highlightning with suitable colours, probably. Some badab black.

Finally add dots with scorched brown.

Skin:
Khemri brown, highlight bleached bone, badab black over all. Pick out details and highlight.

Pretty much it, I think. Fairly simply and quick.

Folkets fiende
I think I'm going to mrtn next monday, maybe you have time to come by? Otherwise we will have to try and get a game going soon.

JacinB
I'll be sure to check your hyenas out.

---

No pics today, but I have some hyenas, as mentioned above, finished soon. Also a doom wolf or two is coming up in the near future. What else...oh yes, a mounted guy/wight king and a bsb is waiting on the table, together with some zombie unit fillers. Also a beastlord, but that belongs to a different plog.

--------------------

popisdead
Posted: Apr 19 2012, 04:22 AM

Van Goghbull

Member No.: 474

great job on the wargs!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Army Diaries | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (11) « First ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0900 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring