Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My last Beasts of Chaos battle, Against their real enemy!
Saintspirit
Posted: Jan 31 2010, 11:11 AM

Lord of the Permafrost

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,696

My Shadow Hunters fought their (i think) last war, and it was against the wood elves. To make it short, I lost. Pretty hard too. I don't remember everything, but here are some critical happenings:

I think these where the lists:
Me:
Wargor of tzeentch, great weapon, chaos armour, dispel scroll
Brayshaman, Staff of darkoth, dispel scroll (Lore of Beasts)
Beastherd 8 gors, 12 ungors, command (here stood the wargor)
Beastherd 5,5, foerender (Ambushers)
Beastherd 5,5, foerender (Ambushers)
Chariot of tzeentch
4 minotaurs of tzeentch
Spawn

The Wood hippies:
Branchwraith with evil nasty killerspite and reg-spell
About 12 Dryads as her bodyguard
3 treekin
Treeman
5 Glade riders
3 Warhawk riders

As you can see I had a lot more units. The woodieplayer was pretty surprised of this.

- Chariot charged glade riders, who fled into the forest. Chariot stays in there with one wound left. sad.gif
- Beast Cowers on warhawk riders. This worked out pretty well until my shaman was killed by treekin, the hawks barely move at all. smile.gif
- The spawn hold the dryads in about three turns, taking a wound each turn. Frustrating for my enemy! wink.gif
- The minotaurs charged the treekin when they could have charged the treeman. What was I thinking? Sure, they pawnerd them, but then they ran far to long and the treeman could strangle anyone. unsure.gif
- Amushers flees when they see the treeman. So did the big herd, and I forgot their musician when trying to rally.
- A spite mauls my wargor. gripe.gif
- When the warhawks aren't cowering anymore, the flies away from the other ambushing herd. Chicken! tongue.gif
- The minotaurs defeated the dryads. Nice ending.

Yes, I was pawned. But I will get my revenge, when Morrslieb is full! -cackling like crazy- thumbsup.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (Silver)
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ALL ARE UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!

Saintspirit's Shadow Hunter Painting Blog
(\ _ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination
Kawazu
Posted: Jan 31 2010, 11:44 AM

I am the table

Member No.: 3,459

Too bad you lost...
Well, I would have spared some points for at least one unit of hounds. Also, I would have sticked to MoCU on the chariot; with so many fear/terror causers it could have helped (though it didn't need it).
Same for the minos, and a smaller unit.

Anyway, your opponent had a pretty solid list, and very fast.
But remember, we will come back! We always do wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Saintspirit
Posted: Jan 31 2010, 12:59 PM

Lord of the Permafrost

Member No.: 3,696

Indeed... My biggest mistake was not buying hounds, and charging the glade riders/treekin. I haven't played very much against wood elves, more against empire. There is a different tactic there.
And the reason i didn't take MoCU on the chariot was that it had tzeentch for an extra powerdice. cool.gif
Now they are resting at the great shadow stone, cursing the damn evil nasty killerspite.

--------------------
QUOTE (Silver)
I AM VERY DISGUSTED WITH THE TRASHY MAN. IN SPITE OF THE MONSTER, AND THE COACH, ONLY TRASHY, I WILL BEAT DOWN THEM ALL. FOR THIS I MUST STRENGTHEN MYSELF. THE MONSTER IS THE SAME TOO. COLLECT ALL THE TRASHY, RIGHTEOUS FELLOW ALL ARE UNPARDONABLE! YOU DON'T AFFECT ME. THE TRASHY STROLLING IS AN EYESORE!

Saintspirit's Shadow Hunter Painting Blog
(\ _ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | 6th Edition Army Lists | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0643 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring