Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My last Beasts of Chaos battle, Against their real enemy!
Saintspirit
Posted: Jan 31 2010, 11:11 AM

Lord of the Permafrost

Group: Member
Member No.: 3,696

My Shadow Hunters fought their (i think) last war, and it was against the wood elves. To make it short, I lost. Pretty hard too. I don't remember everything, but here are some critical happenings:

I think these where the lists:
Me:
Wargor of tzeentch, great weapon, chaos armour, dispel scroll
Brayshaman, Staff of darkoth, dispel scroll (Lore of Beasts)
Beastherd 8 gors, 12 ungors, command (here stood the wargor)
Beastherd 5,5, foerender (Ambushers)
Beastherd 5,5, foerender (Ambushers)
Chariot of tzeentch
4 minotaurs of tzeentch
Spawn

The Wood hippies:
Branchwraith with evil nasty killerspite and reg-spell
About 12 Dryads as her bodyguard
3 treekin
Treeman
5 Glade riders
3 Warhawk riders

As you can see I had a lot more units. The woodieplayer was pretty surprised of this.

- Chariot charged glade riders, who fled into the forest. Chariot stays in there with one wound left. sad.gif
- Beast Cowers on warhawk riders. This worked out pretty well until my shaman was killed by treekin, the hawks barely move at all. smile.gif
- The spawn hold the dryads in about three turns, taking a wound each turn. Frustrating for my enemy! wink.gif
- The minotaurs charged the treekin when they could have charged the treeman. What was I thinking? Sure, they pawnerd them, but then they ran far to long and the treeman could strangle anyone. unsure.gif
- Amushers flees when they see the treeman. So did the big herd, and I forgot their musician when trying to rally.
- A spite mauls my wargor. gripe.gif
- When the warhawks aren't cowering anymore, the flies away from the other ambushing herd. Chicken! tongue.gif
- The minotaurs defeated the dryads. Nice ending.

Yes, I was pawned. But I will get my revenge, when Morrslieb is full! -cackling like crazy- thumbsup.gif

--------------------
QUOTE (C.N. Parkinson)
Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

Saintspirit's Shadow Hunter Painting Blog
(\ __ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination
Kawazu
Posted: Jan 31 2010, 11:44 AM

I am the table

Member No.: 3,459

Too bad you lost...
Well, I would have spared some points for at least one unit of hounds. Also, I would have sticked to MoCU on the chariot; with so many fear/terror causers it could have helped (though it didn't need it).
Same for the minos, and a smaller unit.

Anyway, your opponent had a pretty solid list, and very fast.
But remember, we will come back! We always do wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Saintspirit
Posted: Jan 31 2010, 12:59 PM

Lord of the Permafrost

Member No.: 3,696

Indeed... My biggest mistake was not buying hounds, and charging the glade riders/treekin. I haven't played very much against wood elves, more against empire. There is a different tactic there.
And the reason i didn't take MoCU on the chariot was that it had tzeentch for an extra powerdice. cool.gif
Now they are resting at the great shadow stone, cursing the damn evil nasty killerspite.

--------------------
QUOTE (C.N. Parkinson)
Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.

Saintspirit's Shadow Hunter Painting Blog
(\ __ /)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny
(")_(") to help him gain world domination
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | 6th Edition Army Lists | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0618 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring