InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

My first attempt at a Beast List, 1K
RipperMcGuirl
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 01:58 AM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,724

Ok, so I'm going to be re-modeling all the old beasties I have floating around my bits box, and I've come up with a list that I think A: I have most of lying around, B: Will still be useful when they change the book next year (or whenever), and C: will be a good base to expand off of later. So, here's we goes:

86 Wargor, Blade of Might, Heavy Armor, Shield

135 Shaman, lvl2, Staff of Darkoth

149 10g11ug, FC

149 10g11ug, FC

30 5 Chaos Hounds

30 5 Chaos Hounds

30 5 Chaos Hounds

85 Tuskgor Chariot

85 Tuskgor Chariot

220 10 Khorngor, FC, WarBanner
-

I don't have any minotaurs, and will hold off on buying any until I see what they come up with (though, the ones someone did on this site with the hounds for heads look totally sweet), but I do have 6 chaos trolls. I was planning on throwing them in, since I play DE and am used to having stupidity be a part of my game...until I realized how awful the troll LD was.
Does the list seem like an ok place to start? Good and generic, not too weak?
Also, the Khorngor are a labor of love, as I have a test model converted from the metal axe blood letters with his head cut off and replaced with a gor head, and I think a whole unit will loook aawweessoooommeee.

--------------------
In the forest
Is a monster
It has done
Terrible things
So in the wood
It is hiding
And this is
The song it sings
mrtn
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 09:45 AM

Retrophrenologist

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1,341

I think that looks like a good list.
Cutting off the bloodletter head sounds quite tricky. Maybe sculpt some armour on them? They are supposed to have heavy armour...

--------------------
RipperMcGuirl
Posted: Oct 25 2009, 08:36 PM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,724

Thanks dude! Actually, it's pretty easy to grab a saw and hack those ugly friggin heads right off, and if I sculpted armor on there, not only would it take longer, but it would be awesome armor on ugly friggin' heads. I don't think I care that they don't have armor on, since they are so awesome looking with the gor heads.

I've finally gotten home, so I am organizing the models I have in order to better plan out the beastfuture.

--------------------
In the forest
Is a monster
It has done
Terrible things
So in the wood
It is hiding
And this is
The song it sings
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | 6th Edition Army Lists | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0399 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring