Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Is anybody even interested in the Mag?

Is anybody even interested in the magasine?
Hell yeah! [ 86 ]  [88.66%]
Nah [ 11 ]  [11.34%]
Total Votes: 97
Guests cannot vote 
Willmark
Posted on Apr 11 2009, 03:20 AM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,472

So safe assumption this is back in hiatus mode?

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
BilboBaggins
Posted on Aug 26 2009, 03:49 AM

Ungor

Member No.: 3,671

Why don't the three Chaos sites get together for one Chaos Webzine? In theory 3 times the chances for articles and artists. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
Grarrzag
Posted on Aug 29 2009, 06:40 PM

Filled with nothing but space

Group: Member
Member No.: 1,841

QUOTE (BilboBaggins @ Aug 25 2009, 10:49 PM)
Why don't the three Chaos sites get together for one Chaos Webzine? In theory 3 times the chances for articles and artists. biggrin.gif

That would be a cool idea!
Bravo-52
Posted on Aug 29 2009, 11:11 PM

Bestigor

Member No.: 1,962

QUOTE (BilboBaggins @ Aug 26 2009, 03:49 AM)

Whoa, how did this thread get risen from the dead? I didn't think Beasts of chaos were allowed to use necromancers! ohmy.gif Just kidding! tongue.gif I think this all 3 Chaos Webzine is a great idea that should be explored.

--------------------
The Bestigor that used to be a Foe Render that used to be a Bestigor!
ShaggothLord
Posted on Sep 3 2009, 10:13 PM

Registered Double Poster

Member No.: 1,887

I agree, and perhaps rules could be developed for mixing. The only problm I see is that Warriors of Chaos already has one.

--------------------
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Oct 4 2009, 08:33 AM

Bestigor

Member No.: 1,089

CDO has their own webmagazine as well, so unless you'd be wishing to make a mammoth 200+ page webmagazine (considering the size of the previous Word of Hashut's tongue.gif ), I'm not sure whether you'd be able to convince them creating a whole new one for all three sites together.

Greetz

--------------------
Borak Says - Pearls of wisdom from the Chaos Lord
"Eagles may soar high, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines"
Willmark
Posted on Dec 3 2009, 09:01 PM

Gor

An interesting idea but to be blunt not one that I think I'd be willing to undertake at the current time. Main reason is time. It takes a tremendous amount of time to do four issues a year. This is one of the things that I mentioned to the EoT guys on COTEC, monthly is a brutal pace. Trying to go cross platform is even tougher from the coordination standpoint alone.

For instance who has the final say as to what gets included?

Next no one person is probably knowledgable enough to accurately do justice to every (any) aspect of a army/race they don't play, AND design this thing in a professional manner; which I think is needed if not vital.

Next the Herd hasn't been moving on this for over a year, while it's wonderfully nice to think wow how great would that be, doesn't it seem like a free ride? After all it's like hey do this for us. Even if that's not the sentiment it does seem that way which is not very fair. If there is enough herd presence do this here? I don't think so if I'm not mistaken. Also it doesn't factor is does. who would want to be the ones to chip in? The reality of these things is they are A LOT of work.

This is not sour grapes but rather in the case of WoH I give up a lot to do it, I'm sure SBG is much the same way. But it's a bit unfair to say hey just combine them without considering all the viewpoints or effort that goes into it.

A smaller combined chaos star PDF maybe but I'm not convinced that is a viable option or at least one that has been explored.

Lastly do this does not get misconsrued: I've been waiting for the Herds efforts as long as anyone and I'd say that after working on or giving advice to:
Word of Hashut 1-6, 7 is in production
Gold & Glory 1-2
Innvocation 1

That I have a fair knowledge of what it takes to get a ezine done. I'd also add that however is in charge of the effort should get in touch with me and get me access to the ezine section here. From there I can give the leader of the effort pointers on how to get it done. I've done this most recently for Gold and Glory at Dogs of War Online and for the Innvocation at Carpe Nocturm.

That is if you guys want the pointers, as I mentioned to both of those sites you guys get to do the work, I'll just tell you how to get to the finish line. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Willmark on Dec 3 2009, 09:24 PM

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
decker_cky
Posted on Dec 3 2009, 09:22 PM

Ministry of Truth

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7

Thanks Willmark. At the current time, the Herdzone Magazine is on hold indefinitely. We definitely will contact you if/when we get back into the swing of things, but for now, I don't think we have the push for it.

--------------------
user posted image
Decker's Beast Blog - Last updated September 2/2011 - Banelords Beastlord and Harpies
Decker's Eclectic Painting and Modeling Diary - Last updated August 29/11 - Bretonnian Knight + Lord
Tallarn 47th Light Infantry Army Diary - Last updated March 29/09 - Leman Russ Eradicator
Willmark
Posted on Dec 3 2009, 09:28 PM

Gor

Disappointing to hear but understandable.

As a bone to throw to the hungry beasts here. If you want to include a Beasts article in WoH let me know I'm sure I can figure something out. smile.gif in fact it could be done easily.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
ShaggothLord
Posted on Dec 29 2009, 04:35 AM

Registered Double Poster

Member No.: 1,887

I think once the book comes out we MUST do an ezine full of new ideas and concepts with the new book. An overall review of the update, etc. I think that's how COTEC started too.

--------------------
Willmark
Posted on Jan 1 2010, 04:07 PM

Gor

True.

But.... beware of trying to do too much all at once, in other words dont do it monthly the burn out is much to high for monthy mags.

--------------------
user posted image
user posted image
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Jan 4 2010, 07:38 PM

Bestigor

I have to concur with Willmark there.

With the first few issues, I would simply try to gather authors, have them write articles and compile that towards a (first) issue. After that, you ought to eventually get a reasonable idea of how many writers you have and how much time it takes to put one issue together.

Greetz

--------------------
Brynjolf Irontooth
Posted on Mar 8 2010, 12:15 PM

Chosen of Slaanesh

Member No.: 1,539

I would suggest starting this once 8th has been released.

That doesn't mean we can now sit back. (time notes should be altered for the first year)

- I think we should need about 5 people who are interested in working on this.
- The name is 'Brayhorn'?
- Only a small magazine to begin with.
- Maybe only annual to begin with (release begin february)
- 4 out of 5 write an article, they can write this anytime during the year, though should update their article in octobre (as new armybooks might have effected their view).
- they should enter their article end august and their updated one end octobre
- the 5th guy is the editor (makes a real zine from these articles). He start begin septembre and will have to make some minor changes to the zine when the updated articles arrive during octobre. He should have finished the zine end january.
- maybe 2 editors
- Other members could write articles as well. They should sent them to the zine-team. If the article is any good, the zine-team may enter it this way, or may rewrite it a bit if necessary. These are extra articles. These should be updated as well during octobre if necessary.

I think this way it might work. I would want to participate in writing articles as a teammember.

This post has been edited by Brynjolf Irontooth on Mar 8 2010, 12:19 PM

--------------------
New Beastmen: W:4//D:0//L:1
(loss vs Bretonnia)

HARPIES ROCK !!!
SO DO GOR AMBUSHERS !!!

Other armies:
- 6000p Dwarfs (since 5th)
- 4000p Empire (since 6th)
- 1750p O&G (since 6th)

>>> Slaanesh's Champion <<<
Seth the Dark
Posted on Mar 8 2010, 11:42 PM

Foe Render

Member No.: 2,646

I would love to see a magazine dedicated to Beastmen.

--------------------
"Only the good die young, while the evil seems to live forever."

Working on the Skarghor Herd from deep within the Black Deeps
Skaven Lord Vinshqueek
Posted on Mar 13 2010, 03:53 PM

Bestigor

For the editing process to work properly, you need an editor that can do the lay-out (make everything look shiny, interesting and easy on the eye) and one/ two editors that cover the actual content of each article. You can always decide to have a proofreader that has no part of the editing process at all and only reads the full proof-issue (nothing before) to pick out the faults the editors missed after having read an article for a dozen times already.

The most important thing remain to be the actual authors themselves. You need writers and you need writers that keep writing articles for you. Trust me, that IS going to be a difficult task.

Greetz

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Herdstone Magazine | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1655 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring