InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

New RPG!!, the path of purity
Pat man freedom
Posted: Jun 9 2009, 08:50 PM

Likes short skirts

Group: Member
Member No.: 1,851

Well follows in 2 weeks I finish my exams. What better way to celebrate then a RPG. It will take place in my own fictional universe and be entirely narrative eg no dice rolling, I decide what happens.

The setting of the game is in the future when mankind has coloniised space. You will play on a world where society is divided into two groups who are: The Pure who are vastly powerful pyshics, have a limited hivemind and live in an utopia and then the Sullied who are people who didn't make the cut of having a good enough mind to be allowed to mesh with the Hive.

The Pure live in perfect paradise cities where their every need is granted. The pure Hive mind is always in need of fresh thinkers to join it. This is due to the society of the Pure being unsuitable for allowing people to develop into the best thinkers. This neccesitates new thinkers joining the Hive to allow it to have access to new ideas

Therefore there is a release to the state of the Sullied for some are allowed to enter the golden citites. The way to enter is simple. One must find and kill a renegade Pure.

A renegade Pure is a Pure who rejects the life of luxury and the communal hive mind for their own selfish joy. A renegade Pure could have the diastorous consequence of revealing a golden cities secrects to the Sullied allowng them to build unimaginabley potent weaponry capable of destroying the world. This is my a renegade Pure must be killed.

In this game you will play as a team of Sullied who set out to earn salvation.

What do you think? Any takers? I have just this concept and aren't recruiting yet but if you're interested let me know.

This post has been edited by Pat man freedom on Jun 9 2009, 08:51 PM

--------------------
Beastlord Karankawa
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 12:27 AM

Mr. Primitive screw-head

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 66

I'll bite. Playing on Herdstone?

--------------------
Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.   -- Romans 12:17-18 
Pat man freedom
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 04:52 PM

Likes short skirts

Yep were playing on the Stone. I'll start recruiting next friday.

--------------------
Grarrzag
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 07:20 PM

Filled with nothing but space

Member No.: 1,841

Sure, can I be a dreadnought?
Pat man freedom
Posted: Jun 10 2009, 10:05 PM

Likes short skirts

@ Grarr: Take a guess dry.gif

Sullied Life

The surface of the World is roughly desert like with a few settlements that exist. The relief is mainly flat however montains do exist.

Sullied generall live together in shanty toens. Here they conduct business get married etc. Food is provided by Algae that is grown in deep vats filled with water as a staple.a supplement is insect farms that each house would possess.

Most Sullied work in small time establishments running shops and some run the large algae famrs. Banditry is a common plague upon the land. There is a constant need for the Sullied to protect themselves from rouge elements within their harsh society. Some Emotionisers do have find themselves in the employ of the Pure. They recieve a special bracelet which allows them to communicate telepathicly with their masters. This alows them to enjoy a verypeaceful life with high pay. The y however suffer the sad fate of never being allowed access into the golden cities.

Sullied movement is very hard. With little infrastucture most Sullied depend on asmall vehciles powered by electricity. Frequently merchants travel with armed guard to protect them from the predations of Bandits.

Sullied religion is based upon the Fish God. The sullied believe that there is a saviour who will unite and redeem them in an water filled paradise. Many mumur of how this saviour was capable of drawing water from and stone and in the hour of his death thus did water burst from his body. Many of the Shamans have started preaching upon the immorality of the idle Pure. Some have even muttered of a kingdom the lowiest being the highest.

To expand upon character creation. There are three groups you can chose from. Each group has their own skills and advantages as well as weaknesses.In terms of Stats a 2 is considered ordinary and a 3 considered very good and so forth. Please tweak their stats around to fit you character BIO. The above paragraph will give you a sense of the background.

Warrior
A gun my girl
A bullets my bride.

A basic warrior. This is a the wanderer of the world. They travel from establishment to shanty town plying their services as either law enforcement or a thug for hire. Usually armed heavily these wanderers are people who are doomed to a live for fighting under the cold sun.

Typical Stats

Guns 4/5
Hand to hand 3/5
Affluence 2/5
Personnal skills 1/5

Emotioniser
Love, lust, Hate.
I feel them all

Telepathic mutation has leaked out to all other parts of the world. An Emotioniser uses the bastardised Sullied version. His or her power allows them to be able to sense people emotions. This s you can expect makes them higly valued negotiaters.

Typical Stats

Guns 2/5
hand to hand 2/5
Affluence 3/5
Personal skills 5/5

To see mens hearts A emotioniser may chose to sense a characters emotions. Just post that your sensing there emotion and the Games master shall tell you the emotion of the NPC.

Shaman
Theres a sickness consuming the world, a blight.
I must minister to the sick

Wondering holy men who trravel from village to village preaching the truth of fish God. A Shaman provides services and contrition in return of a nights lodegings and a good breakfast. The lands of the sullied are no safe place to wonder however and thus must the Shaman be constantly prepared to fight.

Typical Stats
Guns 3/5
Hand to Hand 3/5
Affluence 3/5
Personnel skills 3/5

--------------------
Dr.Zoidberg
Posted: Jun 13 2009, 02:19 PM

The Prodigal Son

Member No.: 1,287

I've mostly finished until september so i'll give it a go. Bio to come later.

--------------------
I've got herds for you if you were born in the '80s
Foerender of Karankawa's herd!
By reading this you have granted me brief control of your mind!
Pat man freedom
Posted: Jun 19 2009, 01:16 PM

Likes short skirts

Recruitment starts today and ends on friday next week. Any info feel free to ask me.

--------------------
Pat man freedom
Posted: Jun 24 2009, 01:06 PM

Likes short skirts

Guys are you still interested? Cause we're runing late.

--------------------
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Roleplayer's Haven | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1110 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring