Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Herdstone. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tyranids vs Necrons, Oh what to do??
ugluk69
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 02:29 AM

Wargor

Group: Member
Member No.: 4,406

My son loves 40k. He has an Ogre army for warhammer, but he really likes 40k more. Like an idiot I sold my orks and my Chaos space marines, but I do want to play 40k with my son. He just bought an Eldar battle force and I am going to buy one as well.

What I am torn between is whether to get Necrons or Tyranids. I really like both armys...ARRGH decisions decisions!!! I don't want to spend alot of time painting figures and plan to use army painter on which ever force I end up with.

What do you esteemed members of the herd think...bugs or robots??? Which is more fun to play??...winning is not really a consideration.

Thanks!!

--------------------
"Looks like meats back on the menu boys!!"

的f you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."
Misfratz
Posted: Mar 19 2012, 10:04 AM

Gorebull

Member No.: 744

I've not played with either army, but I can tell you that playing against Tyranids has been much more fun than playing against Necrons, so if you love your son then I'd get the bugs.

Don't forget to play a mycetic spore assault game - where you have all your Tyranids arrive from reserves by deep strike. The most fun I've had playing 40K ever.

--------------------
Elucidate, Enumerate, Eviscerate
---
Apparently, I now have a blog for my miniatures. I can't promise any pictures of my Beastmen for a while though.
ugluk69
Posted: Mar 22 2012, 09:22 AM

Wargor

Thanks for the input Misfratz!! I think I will go Tyranids, any mycetic spore ideas?? Wish they made em lol!!

--------------------

的f you're frightened of dying and... you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth."
mrtn
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 06:52 AM

Retrophrenologist

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1,341

There's been rumours on Warseer about a second wave of models. I don't know how accurate they are, but could be something to think about, i e buy the current models you like first, and paint them while you wait for the rest. smile.gif

--------------------
snowblizz
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 08:16 AM

Grand Arbiter of Fun

Member No.: 2,098

QUOTE (mrtn @ Mar 23 2012, 06:52 AM)
There's been rumours on Warseer about a second wave of models. I don't know how accurate they are, but could be something to think about, i e buy the current models you like first, and paint them while you wait for the rest. smile.gif

For Tyranids you mean?

Last/this month Tyranids are getting a second wave, with Space Wolfs.

Several of the missing big bugs in plastic, a plastic Hive Tyrant (finally) and some Finecast updates.

--------------------
ugluk69
Posted: Mar 24 2012, 02:15 AM

Wargor

I hope there are more new models, the new ones look so sweet smile.gif

--------------------

mrtn
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 08:53 AM

Retrophrenologist

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1,341

No, I meant new models for the necrons. smile.gif

--------------------
hornywingythingy
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 07:18 AM

Gor

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,347

I'd agree with what's already been said, nids are more fun to face, they aren't really considered competitive anymore, whereas necrons are a fairly new book written by Matt ward, and from what I have heard fairly nasty.

Tbh though, it depends how you play them, so I'd go for the army that appeals most to you.
ugluk69
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 12:51 AM

Wargor

Well, tyranids will be the ones I buy. I want to try a purple skin and black carapace paint scheme. I even found some toys to use as mycetic spores. They are called Plasma Hatchers from Mega Blocks.

--------------------

hornywingythingy
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 06:23 AM

Gor

That might work as a scheme! Took me ages to find a colour scheme I was happy with for my nids.
ugluk69
Posted: Apr 8 2012, 09:34 PM

Wargor

Well I have painted some test models, and went for purple "flesh" with green carapace and blue eyes and tongues. I can't decide what to so for their bases......any ideas? Horny(lol sorry had to) do you have any pics of your nids I could see?

--------------------

hornywingythingy
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:02 AM

Gor

No worries, I'm used to it and it fits! biggrin.gif

I'm sure I can take some piccys tonight, if I can pull myself off mass effect threes multiplayer long enough.

hornywingythingy
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 07:19 AM

Gor

Sorry, got rat-arsed and forgot, got chaos in the old world tonight, so should be Able to get photos up by the weekend.
ugluk69
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 09:05 PM

Wargor

LOL ok no worries!!!

--------------------

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Other Gaming Systems | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0623 seconds | Archive
Warvault Webring