Banner & Skin created by Nevermore

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All members need to RE-READ THE RULES. They have been updated and everyone needs to read them. You can find the rules here
NEW MEMBERS::
Please read the rules and then introduce yourself at the Introductory Thread

Pages: (3) 1 2 [3]  ( Go to first unread post )

Character Ideas, Discuss your chars and recieve advice
Ravenrocksmysocks
Posted: Oct 21 2005, 01:45 AM

Hero in Training

Group: Members
Member No.: 409

Because I am lazy tonight, I'm going to help out AceofSpades here. Keep in mind I'm no professionial, so my advice could be ignored. XD

Well, at first when I read Ace's weapons, I was a bit overwhelmed. It seemed she had a lot of weapons to deal with. I like to have the character stick to one unique power, and have them master it or find out new techniques with it. It doesn't seem like she should need the wire. She could get over obstacles some other way- she seems smart enough to figure such a thing out.

Her outfit sounds pretty cool, but I want to know more about her physical appearance. I wanna know if she looks childish, with a round face and huge eyes, or if she has a stubborn, square chin and narrow eyes that flash when she laughs. Descriptions like that can lead to insight into personality.

More backround about how she feels about being a villian, or how she feels about following in her father's footsteps. Or about her fear of the Batman. The crush on Robin should be explored in more depth, with some internal conflict and angst if you want to pull it off. Crushes on Titan character could easily go awry if you don't play it right.

^^ If you want to know anything else, just ask. I'll try to help out more on this topic.

I was going to enter a description of my own character, but now I don't feel like it. XD

--------------------
user posted image
Severus Rage
Posted: Oct 21 2005, 06:39 PM

Hero in Training

Member No.: 305

QUOTE (Ravenrocksmysocks @ Oct 21 2005, 01:45 AM)
Well, at first when I read Ace's weapons, I was a bit overwhelmed.

Really? Counting the cards as one unit, the wire, and the mace, that makes three.
You should see what Pyro hauls around, if I ever post his profile. I'm still waiting for some people to give their thoughts on my character.

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich würde gern etwas zerstören
Doch es darf nicht mir gehören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein..."

"Ich muss zerstören!"
Ravenrocksmysocks
Posted: Oct 21 2005, 06:49 PM

Hero in Training

Really? Counting the cards as one unit, the wire, and the mace, that makes three.
You should see what Pyro hauls around, if I ever post his profile. I'm still waiting for some people to give their thoughts on my character.

It's just that you don't want to have too many weapons, because after a certain point it seems like powerplaying, or making your character seem they're good at everything. I usually have my character have one weapon, two tops. And this means having one type of weapon- I have one character who carries around over two dozen knifes on them.

--------------------
user posted image
Severus Rage
Posted: Oct 21 2005, 07:54 PM

Hero in Training

I see... Then maybe Pyro isn't so bad after all... He's no Max Payne.

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich muss zerstören!"
AceOfSpades
Posted: Oct 21 2005, 11:12 PM

New Neighbor

Member No.: 282

QUOTE (RageTH @ Oct 21 2005, 07:54 PM)
I see... Then maybe Pyro isn't so bad after all... He's no Max Payne.

Rofl, Please, You god play your character horribly... Rose has to whack you with a metal rod, and you still don't go down. XD Sorry...

-------------

Thanks RavenRocks, I'll try to keep all that in mind and place more description with her. The bit you mentioned about the weapons... it's true, three does seem exscesive. But in a way, they all share there on importance. Mallet speaks for itself, whacking people is fun. laugh.gif Acctually, the mallet had originally been a gift from her father... guess I should add that there. >.> Remember, still in the creation process. Ahem, the wire is of importance for such things as escape and overcoming such obstacles as wide gaps. It can also be used for attacking enemies when she's down. And the playing cards? Mostly just a distraction.

If you look at Batman or Robin, they to have a variety of such weapons. I'm gonig to stick with Robin for this but ehh... he has his bo, his bird-a-rangs, his exploding disks, his >.> gun thingy that shoots out so he can scale buildings and what not, his R-cycle (would transportation count?) and not to forget what weapons come along with his Red X costume (that he no longer has... for some odd reason... that we don't know because someone stole it...)

So is the three really excessive? 0.o Anyhow, you're right, I should describe (more or less) her apperance with more detail and really catch the smaller stuff to help make her stand out more. Thanks! You've been much help. wink.gif
Ravenrocksmysocks
Posted: Oct 22 2005, 12:23 AM

Hero in Training

Well, Robin is a pretty good example- some people think he's 'Gary-Sue' when it comes to fighting. And it's just that most of his weapons are projectiles, or something to whack the villian with. Robin's mastered a lot of arts, but he has an ample past to back it up. If you want to pull three very different weapons off, maybe you could explain the training she had to go through to learn how to use them.

Actually, I kinda like the idea of using cards to fight. I was always a fan of Sheena from Tales of Symphonia. XD

--------------------
user posted image
Severus Rage
Posted: Nov 14 2005, 06:27 PM

Hero in Training

QUOTE (AceOfSpades @ Oct 21 2005, 11:12 PM)
Rofl, Please, You god play your character horribly... Rose has to whack you with a metal rod, and you still don't go down. XD Sorry...

Mind going into further detail?

I'll bet you'll downright hate Pryo then, too... he gets injured! A lot!

This post has been edited by RageTH on Nov 14 2005, 06:33 PM

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich muss zerstören!"
Severus Rage
Posted: Nov 22 2005, 08:11 PM

Hero in Training

I hate to DP, but does anyone have ANY interest in looking at my OC whatsoever?

*sigh*

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich muss zerstören!"
raven and robin 4-ever
Posted: Nov 22 2005, 09:46 PM

Tourist

Member No.: 734

oh I do I do *gets high voice* please oh sorry but thatoh and if anyone hasent said this can I be Raven?

--------------------
Hello ppl thier is a new Raven shrine! Just click here! I am ravenshadow

I have a great pic of Robin and Raven!

user posted image

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

I'm weird but who cares go Tom Boys!
Nightlark
Posted: Nov 23 2005, 02:21 AM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 422

QUOTE (raven and robin 4-ever @ Nov 22 2005, 09:46 PM)
oh I do I do *gets high voice* please oh sorry but thatoh and if anyone hasent said this can I be Raven?

0_o...

OK?...

Ehh, we don't have an official Raven. So you could make an RP and be Raven IN it, I suppose.

I'll look at your OC too, RageTH.

--------------------
My Fics

Credit for my avatar goes to Potassium.

ATTENTION: I've found another graphics thief. I reported her, but you guys should know- CLICK HERE

user posted image
raven and robin 4-ever
Posted: Nov 23 2005, 09:45 AM

Tourist

Member No.: 734

QUOTE (Nightlark @ Nov 23 2005, 02:21 AM)
QUOTE (raven and robin 4-ever @ Nov 22 2005, 09:46 PM)

0_o...

OK?...

Ehh, we don't have an official Raven. So you could make an RP and be Raven IN it, I suppose.

I'll look at your OC too, RageTH.

Ummm............ ok thanks I gess O.O *after that faints for no reason what so ever*

--------------------
Hello ppl thier is a new Raven shrine! Just click here! I am ravenshadow

I have a great pic of Robin and Raven!

user posted image

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

I'm weird but who cares go Tom Boys!
« Next Oldest | Role Playing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 2 [3] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0328 seconds · Archive