Banner & Skin created by Nevermore

Create your own social network with a free forum.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All members need to RE-READ THE RULES. They have been updated and everyone needs to read them. You can find the rules here
NEW MEMBERS::
Please read the rules and then introduce yourself at the Introductory Thread

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

Urban Dictionary, Offensive Warning
Dark Weezing
Posted: May 21 2005, 10:33 PM

The 4-D Man

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

Apologies but...better safe than sorry, plus the misunderstandings that comes with text.

I'd like some measure of peace with the ship war but yeah...with Stranded...it's all in the wind now.

--------------------
user posted image
anora
Posted: May 21 2005, 10:46 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Group: Members
Member No.: 291

I have to admit...this link disturbs me greatly.

It's such a disappointment to see people so hateful towards the r/r ship. I support any and all ships, just to be fair, but I tend to like the Raven/Robin ship overall.

And you guys are right. We literally didn't have any Robin/Raven interaction up till Season 3, and yet, there were still people who believed from the very start in r/r, and it's not because of Birthmark that we are all just popping up out of nowhere either.

I don't get people sometimes....but I did kinda have the idea that r/r shippers tend to be older than the average r/s. Maybe it's because we tend to see the possibility between the mysterious girl and the leader-type guy, while others are too young aka have never thought about what *could be*, only what is.

This Urban Dictionary thing really ticks me off. I personally don't even see how this should be on a site in the first place. It's prejudiced against R/R shippers and that's just not fair.

But then nothing's fair in love and war dry.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Admin of the New Titans Forever Board. Am looking for new members so if your interested, Join Here Today!
Lo-chan
Posted: May 22 2005, 01:19 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 83

It made me laugh, but only because people like this usually end up biting their butts with their own words.

And really, it's all speculation. I never shop at HT, and I have NEVER, EVER heard "RR shipper" used as an adjective.

Sheesh, what a loser.

--------------------
user posted image
>Join the army of fangirls who seek and destroy all boys that break your heart! Put this picture in your sig and become one of us! (You get your choice of weapons too) ((Mine's a pencil >=D......
Severus Rage
Posted: May 22 2005, 07:03 PM

Hero in Training

Member No.: 305

QUOTE (Unaffiliated_Devadasi @ May 18 2005, 10:57 PM)
I am shocked and appalled.

happy.gif But oh well. What asshats. I've never started a shipping fight, I get picked on and sniped at just for having an opinion different from the norm, and it's just a flippin' tv show. It means a lot to me to be my own person, and to fit into a stereotype...that's not my scene. I do like Hot Topic, but I'm no goth. The kids over at "The Shrine" are more gothy-wannabe than most of us here. That's just very rude.

A supporter of the most-canon ship or pairing of two characters from the American animated show [Teen Titans].

Robin/Starfire

Ever since the show began, the devoted fans have seperated into "shipping" groups in order to create, in their eyes, the perfect Titan pair. However, the largest shipping body, the Robin/Starfire shippers, have become hostile in their attempts to make their love more public, and now prowl the internet, searching for weaker ships to "verbally beat down" with their "superior knowledge". Their agression is largely missplaced, and mostly directed towards a less-canon fan basis: The Robin/Raven shippers. They hate and despise this group, and go out of their way to publicly humiliate and degrade the followers, thinking that they are the only thing that stands between them and the dominance and brainwashing of every Teen Titans fan into appreciating the "one true couple". Unfortunately, their efforts have thusfar been in vain, somehow strengthening this opposing force, for they alone realize that the Teen Titans are fictional characters and not worth fighting over in the least.

-"Robin/Starfire shipper" is an adjective of "pathetic preteen who's whole life revolves around the joining of two fictional characters".
-Robin/Starfire shippers tend to be young, starry-eyed worshipers of Teen Titans, who pride themselves in their snippy holier-than-thou attitudes and their newfound ability to end sentences with a period.
-They are all quite closed-minded and respond to anything other than their own opinions with unpleasant, biting remarks, most of which usually running along the lines of "u r stoopid so shut up how could any1 be so ghey?!!! R/S 4eva!".
-Beware straying near their stomping grounds unless you are armed with a thick shield of intelligence, and are prepared for an overload of crude drawings and fanficions.

STFU and FOAD N00B!

kidding, but that was a wee bit uncalled for.

I can't help it if my drawings are crude and suck arse!

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich würde gern etwas zerstören
Doch es darf nicht mir gehören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein..."

"Ich muss zerstören!"
Rose Wilson
Posted: May 22 2005, 07:57 PM

Hero in Training

Member No.: 255

Re: The Robin/Starfire thing.

Why the f**k would you post that?

Did you not read any of the responses on this page? Have you lost your goddamn mind? Do you want to start a shipping war? Do you just thrive on conflict and wish to congregate in camps like the Hatfields and McCoys? What the hell is wrong with you?

Man, I hate most shippers. Even the ones in my fandom.
Lo-chan
Posted: May 23 2005, 12:40 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 83

most R/S fans are 11 year old teenboppers... And some get a little too carried away...

Well... someone looked at all the ages of the people on the shrine, and most R/S shippers there were between the ages of 13 and 22.

Considering the fact that he insulted R/R shippers AND R/S shippers, I don't belive that TheAllKnowing is an R/S shipper, and it's rather immature for us all to immediatly assume that.

They could be a BB/R shipper, a R/Bumblebee shipper, a Cy/Rob shipper, or any number of things.

But in retaliation to this insult, I have submitted several unbiased entries for:

Robin/Raven shipper
Robin/Starfire shipper
Shipping Wars
Starfire
and
The Vinny

Sadly, UD is rather slow at publishing them, so it may take some time.

-"Robin/Starfire shipper" is an adjective of "pathetic preteen who's whole life revolves around the joining of two fictional characters".
-Robin/Starfire shippers tend to be young, starry-eyed worshipers of Teen Titans, who pride themselves in their snippy holier-than-thou attitudes and their newfound ability to end sentences with a period.
-They are all quite closed-minded and respond to anything other than their own opinions with unpleasant, biting remarks, most of which usually running along the lines of "u r stoopid so shut up how could any1 be so ghey?!!! R/S 4eva!".
-Beware straying near their stomping grounds unless you are armed with a thick shield of intelligence, and are prepared for an overload of crude drawings and fanficions.

-I am not a preteen.
- Don't speak to me about a holier-than-thou attitude.
- ALL closed-minded?!?! Hello?!?! I am here on this forum, calmly listening to people's opinions, and accepting them. You disgust me. And I am sure that this disgusts all of the OTHER R/S shippers on this site.
- Actually, some of the best fanarts and fanfictions are written about R/S. And some of the most intelligent people I know I met on the R/S shrine.

I don't f**kin' care if you were in a hateful mood. I don't care if this is a R/R site. This is hateful, disgusting, and wrong.

Things like this make me consider giving up on the ship thing and just watch TT for the action scenes.

--------------------
user posted image
>Join the army of fangirls who seek and destroy all boys that break your heart! Put this picture in your sig and become one of us! (You get your choice of weapons too) ((Mine's a pencil >=D......
Kakyoin
Posted: May 23 2005, 02:03 PM

New God

Member No.: 1

This thread is hurting America.

--------------------
user posted image

ROSE: Onii-sama...sugoi
ADEL: Hmm. Touzen no kekka da.

- KoF 2003
NetherPhoenix
Posted: May 23 2005, 02:38 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 221

Damn straight it's hurting America. This divisive crap is the kind of thing that starts civil wars, not to mention wars with other countries. We're already waist-deep in a war that our president started because he felt like starting s*** with the Iraqis. You want something like that to happen with R/S and R/R shippers?

--------------------
"The training is nothing. The will is everything." - Ducard, Batman Begins
chew_on_a_monkey
Posted: May 23 2005, 03:20 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 320

Well... someone looked at all the ages of the people on the shrine, and most R/S shippers there were between the ages of 13 and 22.

Okay I stand corrected, but then that means most R/S fans act like 11 year olds...I understand that they're excited because some new Fluff arrived for the couple. But they get too carried away when they say " IN YOUR FACE R/R" and " R/R is so stupid, it will never happen". I'm not saying that this shrine isn't saying the same thing, because both sides are guilty of this. We all like TT don't we? But will this fued stop? Probably not.

--------------------
user posted image
Please check out my Bebop drawings!
Real folk blues<~~Updated on 7/11/05

I'm a R/S shipper and a R/R shipper... and you guys are great!
AinoMinako
Posted: May 23 2005, 04:21 PM

New Hero

Member No.: 245

I'm sorry! You can lock the topic if you wish.
Dark Weezing
Posted: May 23 2005, 07:10 PM

The 4-D Man

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

QUOTE (Kakyoin @ May 23 2005, 03:03 PM)
This thread is hurting America.

No, but it's not helping anything anymore. We posted, we vented and we can move on and to some(you know who you are)...grow up.

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Robin/Raven Filler | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0870 seconds · Archive