Banner & Skin created by Nevermore

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All members need to RE-READ THE RULES. They have been updated and everyone needs to read them. You can find the rules here
NEW MEMBERS::
Please read the rules and then introduce yourself at the Introductory Thread

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post )

The Moonie Thread, For those who like Sailor Moon
SorceryKnightess
Posted: Sep 3 2005, 09:43 AM

New Hero

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

QUOTE (Dark Weezing @ Aug 12 2005, 07:33 PM)
Actually, Fish Eye was more femmy anyway, (he looked like a flat chested girl!) it was a logical decision. If they used a different VA for Zoicite's shift, I would be more off putted. Heh.

I didn't care for the Starlights anyway, they had Uranus and Nepture's role in Stars. Granted, the Outer Senshi weren't a pain because everyone wanted to see new Sailors but the Starlights? The anime team should have kept them male and reformatted them as male protectors and be a challenge to the female Sailor Moon and be a parody or really a counterpoint to their female (i.e. nurturing) ways.

But no. At least then Seiya dating Moon wouldn't have been as creepy.

Yeah most of the "Girly Men" in Sailor Moon where turned into Women in America. I don't know anything about "Sailor Moon Starlights" to be honest. I know they're looking for their "Princess." (Who dies in the manga.) They become males to make it easier for them, but they get all messed up with Usagi & her friends, before I forget Darien goes to College in America. =P That's all I know.
Dark Weezing
Posted: Sep 3 2005, 01:45 PM

The 4-D Man

Group: Admin
Member No.: 5

I don't know about the manga as I didn't read that but in the anime, they were more the double role, the male half got a lot of screen time via the filler episodes.

And with the exception of Seiya, the other two were quite arrogant with their intellect. So yeah, they thought they were a cut above the rest, and Seiya sort of did. I say sort of because once he met Usagi, he rather cut all that down and thought with more empathy.

Weren't for the whole "I am a woman" part, the Seiya/Usagi thing would be cuter.

And yeah, in the finale, except in the beginning when they first fought Galaxia, they didn't really do anything, they were just there.

Just became spectators. It's funny, how the brought in antiheroes who usually take all the focus go to the backseat. The Outer Senshi certainly got that in S's finale, but at least they could taunt Sailor Moon into not saving Hotaru and just use verbal mind games, whereas the Starlights were more...silent about things and just acted wide eyed and slack jawed.

So to speak.

--------------------
user posted image
AinoMinako
Posted: Sep 3 2005, 10:59 PM

New Hero

Member No.: 245

Kind of a repetitive theme... "Let's taunt the Senshi and Usagi 'cause we're better but we'll eventually become pessimistic/loose in a battle against the Big Boss and then have to be saved by her optimism/Pink Power of Goodness and then still be against her but later see The Light and join forces to try and defeat Big Boss but we will end up dying but that's okay because Usagi will restore our bodies to tip-top shape after she single-handedly defeats the Big Boss!!1one!@"

Oh, and being friends with them before finding out the True Identity thing, too.

blink.gif Try saying that in one breath...
The scary thing is it works.

The Stars manga had only three books, which I think translates into 9 chapters. I haven't read it in a while, so I should probably do that. If someone wants to make a summary with me, feel free to PM me.

Anyone else notice that the Starlights have VERY little uniform?
Dark Weezing
Posted: Sep 4 2005, 04:35 PM

The 4-D Man

Indeed, that's why I didn't care for the Outer Senshi, so hypocritical as they were so uniform. At least the Starlights had dissention.

Anyway, I do have a spoiler manga site if you want it, Aino.

And yes, they filled their bras nicely...what a weird thing to think about.

Dies.

--------------------
user posted image
Kaleido Star
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 03:01 PM

New Hero

Member No.: 156

Gonna steer away.

Okay. I've watched Sailor Moon alot when I was younger. But now, I am unable to find it on Cartoon Network anymore. Anyone know where I can see it?
Azar
Posted: Sep 13 2005, 03:30 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 557

-Dub, sub, or raw?
Eh, however I can get it. How about the manga instead? XD
-Serena vs. Usagi
Usagi
-Which season is best?
The FIRST... or whatever season the Pegasus thing went down. I never could remember.
-Who's your favorite character?
Minako-chan
Kunzite-kun
Pu-chan
Rei-chan

-Favorite couples
Mina/Kun
Rini/Helios

(Yes, I'm very aware I mix dub and original names. It comes from too much fanfiction reading. Some names stick, and others stick, and blah.)

And you can't see it on TV anymore, far as I know, to answer Star.

--------------------
user posted image

"Home is behind the world ahead,
And there are many paths to tread
Through shadow - to the edge of night
Until the stars are all alight
Mist and shadow - cloud and shade
All shall fade, all shall fade"
Dark Weezing
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 08:56 AM

The 4-D Man

Last time I saw Moon in America was reading a promo from a Wizard imprint and saying CN would air Sailor Moon again back in 02.

I squeed to death, ready to tape, and it aired for a week, and it was all old DIC Beryl stuff.

And then no more. No, I don't get it either.

I blame Kids WB's hogging the airwaves back then and their sucky version of Toonami myself for the dropping of Moon.

Headdesk.

--------------------
user posted image
AinoMinako
Posted: Sep 15 2005, 10:13 PM

New Hero

QUOTE (Dark Weezing @ Sep 15 2005, 08:56 AM)
Last time I saw Moon in America was reading a promo from a Wizard imprint and saying CN would air Sailor Moon again back in 02.

I squeed to death, ready to tape, and it aired for a week, and it was all old DIC Beryl stuff.

And then no more. No, I don't get it either.

I blame Kids WB's hogging the airwaves back then and their sucky version of Toonami myself for the dropping of Moon.

Headdesk.

Ah... Ironic twist of fate, really. The ratings were too good and CN thought it would take away from Hamtaro. They were trying to get the network aimed exclusively at boys.

It's a big blow to the ego when you're cancelled for a hamster. dry.gif
Dark Weezing
Posted: Sep 18 2005, 11:04 AM

The 4-D Man

QUOTE (AinoMinako @ Sep 15 2005, 11:13 PM)
It's a big blow to the ego when you're cancelled for a hamster. dry.gif

As opposed to the pathetic overly drenched maleness of DBZ in which the fans turned on the Moonies because the feminity got in the way I guess. I would know as I was insulted by one because I like Moon and I retorted "At least it doesn't take them 30 episodes to do something!"

Moon takes 10-15 but that's still improvements over DBZ or Yu-Gi-Oh.

Personally, given the fact it's been 5 years since the last dub (Super S), I wonder if anyone out of Japan is airing Moon.

Because Moon may not be as popular as it was in the late 90's but it's still a force to be reckened with.

Now if we can do something about those DBZ fans. Winks.

--------------------
user posted image
birds4eva0222
  Posted: Nov 6 2005, 05:27 PM

New Hero

Member No.: 346

Song - "Carry On", from the Sailor Moon OST
Summary - Raven vs. Trigon tribute.
Her Greatest Fear MV

Sorry to gravedig, but I just found this music video at Titans Headquarters for all you Moonie fans!! It's a dark aria production. Enjoy!!

--------------------
Robin: "RAVEN!" wub.gif
R/R all the way!

I don't care
Who you are
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me

Fanfiction.Net: AvIdWrItEr1924

I'm a proud, female R/R shipper cool.gif.
AinoMinako
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 02:15 PM

New Hero

QUOTE (birds4eva0222 @ Nov 6 2005, 04:27 PM)
Her Greatest Fear MV

Sorry to gravedig, but I just found this music video at Titans Headquarters for all you Moonie fans!! It's a dark aria production. Enjoy!!

Actually, that belongs to our very own Azar...
http://s8.invisionfree.com/forbiddenlove/i...?showtopic=1074
Severus Rage
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 06:07 PM

Hero in Training

Member No.: 305

You mean there's been Sailor Moon genderbending?

Maaaan, good thing I got out of that when I did.

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich würde gern etwas zerstören
Doch es darf nicht mir gehören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein..."

"Ich muss zerstören!"
SorceryKnightess
Posted: Nov 7 2005, 07:47 PM

New Hero

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (RageTH @ Nov 7 2005, 06:07 PM)
You mean there's been Sailor Moon genderbending?

Maaaan, good thing I got out of that when I did.

The Sailor Starlights? They're the reason why "Sailor Moon Stars" can never be shown in the US! I HATE that. Oh well I could always buy a the Japanese verison with subtitles.
birds4eva0222
Posted: Nov 8 2005, 02:24 PM

New Hero

Member No.: 346

QUOTE (AinoMinako @ Nov 7 2005, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (birds4eva0222 @ Nov 6 2005, 04:27 PM)
Her Greatest Fear MV

Actually, that belongs to our very own Azar...
http://s8.invisionfree.com/forbiddenlove/i...?showtopic=1074

Oh yeah! Well, Azar is a member of the Titans Headquarters as well, and she posted her music videos there.

--------------------
Robin: "RAVEN!" wub.gif
R/R all the way!

I don't care
Who you are
Where you're from
What you did
As long as you love me

Fanfiction.Net: AvIdWrItEr1924

I'm a proud, female R/R shipper cool.gif.
sailormoonrobinravenfan
Posted: Dec 4 2005, 08:59 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 694

user posted imageoh oh sailormoon is my favorite show i have every season in japeneese my mom got them for me last christmas i loved sailor stars i also downloaded it on my computer well i dint my sister did she is obsessed with sailor moon she has the theoropy (sp) kiss wand it gets long and short i had the moon sceptor one but i hit my sister over the head with it and it broke i cried for days wow im surprised it took me so long to find this sheeshuser posted image

This post has been edited by sailormoonrobinravenfan on Dec 4 2005, 09:01 PM

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image user posted image
rae/rob
shoaran/sakura
sailormoon/tuxedomask usagi/mamoru
« Next Oldest | General Chatterings | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.6468 seconds · Archive