Banner & Skin created by Nevermore

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All members need to RE-READ THE RULES. They have been updated and everyone needs to read them. You can find the rules here
NEW MEMBERS::
Please read the rules and then introduce yourself at the Introductory Thread

Roleplaying Reforms
Chokotay
Posted: Jun 10 2005, 05:07 AM

The Fruit

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 2

NOTICE! We are introducing a new set of rules and format for the roleplaying board. It is no longer necessary to check with the moderators to get approval for characters or to start roleplays. Members are now allowed to create any roleplay they want--within certain limits. Roleplays must be kept at PG-13 rating, or risk deletion.

The creator of a roleplaying thread is generally accepted to be the GM, Global Moderator (not General Motors), or leader of the roleplay. The GM sets up the story, screens characters, acts as quality control, and keeps the rest of the roleplayers in line. In some cases the GM may guide the story as it goes along; in other cases a GM may just have to start the thread and screen incoming characters. Note that the Character Thread is now closed; characters will either have to be posted in a separate thread made exclusively for one roleplay (good for expanding and ever-changing casts) or on the first page of the thread (good for set casts). All roleplays are required to have a list of characters, or they'll be forced to have one.

The character application forms still apply, and is availible at the end of the thread.

With these changes in mind... well, have fun. But remember that the forum rules still apply here. If your roleplay is nothing but spam, than it will be closed. (Creativity does not come in the form of eight posts full of smilies.) Offenses on the roleplaying board may result in temporary banishment from the role playing board, or even suspension from the Forbidden Love forum.

Questions, comments, etc can be posted at the bottom of this thread; however, it will be closed by the end of this month.

Character

Player Name: The alias you use on the boards.

Character Name: Your character's real name. (No, I don't care if he has amnesia.)

Code Name: Your character's codname

Race: This is a very broad topic, actually, try to be specific. You can just say Earthling, but you can also say 'African-American Earthling'.

Powers: What your character can do that is superhuman... What sets the apart from all the other people out there in the world. Explain the power/s exhaustively. Don't make your power suddenly evovle while roleplaying. That's just rude. (i.e. Roleplayed-Terra suddenly gaining the power to influence water just because you were in a tight spot.) If he doesn't have superpowers, like Robin, leave this blank or write 'none'.

Weapons and Gear: What he owns, what your character uses to wreak havoc on enemies and the like. Also, if he has some were fetish for a particular mode of transportation, put it here.

Skills: What other useful stuff can your character do? If the character is like Robin, put it here. Martial arts, gymanastics, the works!

Affiliation: Is he good or a murdering maniac - they look like everyone else you know.

Weaknesses: Things he just can't do, or things we all know is bad for him that he keeps on doing. Drug addiction? Fishsticks addiction? Also, does he have a particular thing that causes his powers to deteriorate? Or him to die? (i.e. Superman: Kryptonite) Does he have a phobia?

Trivial Pet Peeves: Does he have anything out of the ordinary? Any mannerisms? (i.e. Robin's mask and his refusal to take them off.)

Talents: What gifts does this person posess, aside from his superpowers? Is he a genius? Is he musically oriented, everything you can think of, just don't make him have too much.

The Biography: The life and times of your character. Where he came from, his career path and why he ended up being where he is today. The origin of his powers, Family members... etc.

The Look: Here, you can describe in detail the physical appearance as well as the costume. Hair color? Hair style? Costume color? Civilain clothes? etc. You can post a pic, if you want. (Should fit on 800x600 screen. Side scrolls will be killed.)

Be Happy!

--------------------
QUOTE (Kuchiki Rukia of Bleach)
"You don't have the authority to say that to me!"

Icon by malthide_ at LJ.

For every time a person asks a question on the FAQ, I kill a kitten. Please. Think of the kittens.
Severus Rage
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 12:10 PM

Hero in Training

Group: Members
Member No.: 305

Just so I know, you aren't gonna make a bunch more RP requirements in the future, right? Like detailed plot, character jobs, stuff like that?

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich würde gern etwas zerstören
Doch es darf nicht mir gehören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein..."

"Ich muss zerstören!"
Chokotay
Posted: Jul 28 2005, 04:15 PM

The Fruit

Not that I know of. (Detailed plot would be nice, though... *muttermutter*)

--------------------

Icon by malthide_ at LJ.

For every time a person asks a question on the FAQ, I kill a kitten. Please. Think of the kittens.
Severus Rage
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 11:01 AM

Hero in Training

I started going to a message board a while back, and tried to start an RP, but they wanted so much crap that it would be basically several people writing a script instead of the random possibilities of an actual RP.
They wanted detailed plots, what happens at each point, all possible plot twists, what can and can't happen, locations, species available, jobs, OC limits, What happens when someone levels up, blah blah blah BLAH...

It was insane. *headache*

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich muss zerstören!"
Chokotay
Posted: Jul 29 2005, 12:35 PM

The Fruit

Well, that's just crazy. No, nothing like that will come in play in the future at all; we want the roleplaying section to be open to all and a little looser than the pre-reform one. Mind you, there are still rules--character applications to be filled for original characters, no godmoding, courtesy to all players, etc. But nothing like... well, that.

--------------------

Icon by malthide_ at LJ.

Severus Rage
Posted: Jul 30 2005, 12:57 PM

Hero in Training

Thanks. All the other stuff is understandable though, same almost everywhere else.

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich muss zerstören!"
« Next Oldest | Role Playing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0387 seconds · Archive