Banner & Skin created by Nevermore

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All members need to RE-READ THE RULES. They have been updated and everyone needs to read them. You can find the rules here
NEW MEMBERS::
Please read the rules and then introduce yourself at the Introductory Thread

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Character Ideas, Discuss your chars and recieve advice
nightwolf667
Posted: Mar 22 2005, 07:40 PM

The Privateer

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

It's an interesting start, I can easily see it's basis in the LOTR Ringwraiths, which is where I assume you got the idea.

However, if he is truly like the Ringwraiths (alias the Witch King) then he won't have much of a personality will he?

First thing I would do, is flesh out the backstory, like I told the quiet one. As in the how, how did he became connected to Malchior? Was it like the Ringwraiths, greed and power was their undoing, is that his? You never stated how. Did he just magically turn on Rorek? What were his motives. Villains are often trickier than heroes in that they need a reason, a plausible reason, it doesn't have to be deep, dark, or angsty, it just has to be real.

Think about his weaknessess, is there anything he's afraid of, anything he despises? Or is he just a lumpless mass without personality or feeling. It could be possible that he only has hatred left inside of him.

If he still has honour is he capable of redemption?

Think about his personality, who he is, and who he was. What makes him evil? All villains need personality, it's even more important in them than in heroes, because the villain is the foundation of the story. 1st law of fiction-if you don't like the villain (i don't mean agree with them morally, or sympathesize with them) and if you don't believe the villain, then your audience won't either.

lastly go to the sheet in the character's thread and fill that out before you go any further.

So think on that, and if you have any specific questions, post again. wink.gif

--------------------
We are the darkness that haunts your nights, leading you to neverending blight.

Speak intelligently, otherwise silence is golden
DeathscytheHell
Posted: Mar 22 2005, 09:19 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 106

However, if he is truly like the Ringwraiths (alias the Witch King) then he won't have much of a personality will he?

Wow i honestly didn't see the parallel until now :S. I just thought of doing a time travel story with Raven and Malchior, and decided on the theme of knights. Sersiously..wow. =/

how did he became connected to Malchior? Was it like the Ringwraiths, greed and power was their undoing, is that his? You never stated how. Did he just magically turn on Rorek? What were his motives. Villains are often trickier than heroes in that they need a reason, a plausible reason, it doesn't have to be deep, dark, or angsty, it just has to be real.

I haven't really given much thought into it, since this character serves as a big henchmen in my fic (similar to the function of cinderblock or overload), but i guess it would be like the old cliche, how the villain takes advantage of a character's ambitions and manipulates them, or brain control Ala Brother Blood.

Think about his weaknessess, is there anything he's afraid of, anything he despises? Or is he just a lumpless mass without personality or feeling. It could be possible that he only has hatred left inside of him.

The only time i showcase him in the story is during the battle scenes, hoewever i do write him out to be very arrogant and confident. As for weaknesses, well...I really didn't give him any, it was more of a strength and power thing. i had Raven kick his butt pretty bad with magic, is that bad?

Thanks for reviewing my character nightwolf, i'm think i'll add a flashback sequence to my story now to explain this character's motives more as well as his connection with Rorek and Malchior wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
sig by Ayria
angel princess
Posted: Mar 22 2005, 09:40 PM

Hero in Training

Member No.: 54

Templar is an awesome character! Very good in battle, and very skilled in magic. He certainly makes for a great villain.

--------------------
Love in Darkness
Robin&Terra
Kohaku and I are married. Naraku is a gay pretty boy and is going to die a terrible, painfully tortured, death ... <<
user posted imageuser posted image*evil laugh*
nightwolf667
Posted: Mar 29 2005, 11:40 AM

The Privateer

QUOTE (angel princess @ Mar 22 2005, 09:40 PM)
Templar is an awesome character! Very good in battle, and very skilled in magic. He certainly makes for a great villain.

I'm sure that DeathsytheHell is glad for the vote of confidence, like I said it's a good start. However there is room for improvement, there always is.

How did I draw the parallel between Templar and the Witch King? It was actually quite simple Death, I made the connection when you said that Templar looked like the Witch King, then everthing else fell into place. After all, the Witch King is a brilliant character, by villain standards. He's an extension of Sauron's will, no longer human, and it's the fall that makes him the most interesting, what caused the fall? Greed, power hungry greed. The name Witch King is perhaps the most ironic, because the name implies that he's in control of his own destiny, when he's not, that he has immesurable power, and he has none (I mean in terms of free will). But the fall, the fall explains Tolkien's mastery of characters, and his understanding of human nature. The Witch King is symbolic to everything that can be twisted in human nature, what was once a good man has become a twisted shadow of his former self, and what caused him to give up his body, his soul, and his free will? Power and greed, that aching hunger that has driven so many to their doom. But do you know what makes the Witch King and the Nine stand alone? Because their fall was not caused by some singular fault within themselves, every person, me, and you, could take that fall. And I hesitate to point out that there are many in the world who prove this point, though they are a mere shadow of what the Witch King represented.

But enough about that, as you go back and reformulate Templar, which I suggest you do (don't take away the essence, that's very good, a very good start) remember that a character's perfection is in his/her/it's imperfections, and that his strength is in his weaknessess. So I say that weaknessess are the most important feature of a character, give him some, like-(Lacking emotions was a good start)

*He cannot stay away from Malchior for too long without suffering some loss of power, or physical self. (Pain is a good example)

*He lacks his own will, he cannot make decision's for himself, completely bound

Does that help you a bit?

--------------------

Mega
Posted: Apr 1 2005, 11:30 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Member No.: 16

Can I post my robotic character?
nightwolf667
Posted: Apr 3 2005, 03:25 PM

The Privateer

haven't gotten to him yet. Send him to Kakyoin or Chokotay.

--------------------

DeathscytheHell
Posted: May 13 2005, 01:43 AM

Meta-Human

Nightwolf,

I took what you said and did a complete overhaul of the character. hopefully this one is more improved. tell me if you have any objections.

Character Name:

Race:
Human

Powers:
Ability to form magic barriers.

His magic becomes a rotting aura of green, and he has the ability to accelerate various forms of decay by shrouding a target with his magic. He can 'melt' steel doors simply by exposing it to his rotting magic. A side effect however, is whatever touches him rots as well, so he covers his hands with gloves.

Appearance: Beneath the hood lies the fact of a young man. White hair, a scar runs down through his right eye, an old wound received in battle, effectively blinding him there. He wears a black cloth over his disabled eye, hiding it from the rest of the world.

Skills: He is pretty good with the sword, although he did not have time to master the blade since he was recruited by the order to learn magic.

Affiliation: Neutral

Weakness: Since he specializes in magic, anything that is designed to specifically counter magic disrupts his powers. His powers require an orderly flow of magic, any disruption or interference with the casting or castor can throw his spells off. He also lacks super strength, super speed and thus is as frail as any human, but he has good stamina.

Pet Peeves: People getting in his way.

Talents : A formidable tactician in battle.

Biography: :

Centuries ago, he was A peasant boy raised in a poverty striken village. An active child, he was always dreaming of knights and adventures. One day however, when he was away on an errand, a group of bandits attacked, burning his village to the ground. The boy watched helplessly as his family and friends were robbed and abused.

Vowing to never again be helpless, he decided to follow his dream and become a knight, training as an apprentice. He soon realized however, that the knights were just as corrupt as the bandits, stealing from the poor and profiting for themselves.

Disillusioned and angry, he quit being a knight, volunteering to join a secret order known as "The Configuration", Which sought to mold human society for the benefit of mankind, to purge all the corruption from the world. In order to join the organization however, he had to train to become an avatar. A mage that took on the powers of a corruption that was in society. There were avatar's of decadence, destruction, avarice and many others.

In the end, He honoured his master's wishes by accepting the cursed magic, in his hopes that he would carry on the tradition, He was to regret that decision lator on. Thus became an Avatar, doomed to walk the earth for eternity at the cost of his soul and humanity, bearing the burden that once belonged to an entire order.

An avatar is the personification of an idea, and he can either be the embodiment of hope, or the incarnation of evil. Whatever path he takes, it is his alone to decide....

Personality A very cold, indifferent and unstable person, made bitter by his condition. He is the typical loner type, although when it comes to battle, he is very serious. He sees every opponent he faces as people to be outwitted and beaten. Remembering his moral code as a knight, He despises seeing others take advantage of the innocent. However, as an Avatar, He sees society as corrupt and unstable, and seeks to not only maintain a balance, but to eliminate everything that he regards as evil. For the betterment of all. He has no faith however, in humanity, his experiences throughout history have disillusioned him to any good qualities of man, and thus, for the benefit of humanity, they must be shown the proper way, even if it takes force.

Avatar carries his own warped sense of morals and perhaps, an type of insanity, caused by the grief and burden he suffered for years, having outlived all his friends and family. Although he means well and seeks to make the world a better place, it often leads him to trouble with the 'good' guys, who don't agree with all his methods.

--------------------
user posted image
sig by Ayria
nightwolf667
Posted: May 13 2005, 12:39 PM

The Privateer

DeathscytheHell,

I must say that your character has improved a great deal, I'm impressed! It's a wonderful base to expand him even more, I have only a few things that you should focus on improving. Details are important, so now that you have the skeleton let's work on fleshing him out a bit more.

1st-he needs more of a background, what you have now is somewhat sketchy, like I said details. It would be good to know who his master was, what being an avatar really means, and more about his background as a person. It will require some deep thought about the time period he lived, where his lived, what country he was born in, who his family was (was a he noble? was his father a lord, a duke?) Society is important in shaping a character. Give him motivation, what drove him to become an avatar? (was it simply his master's will? Or did he believe he was going to help people?) Stuff like that. Details.

2nd-Why not give him one specialty? It's confusing if he has four.

Other than that, it's a good character and I look forward to seeing him fleshed out a bit more. You did really well, Deathscythe, I'm impressed!

--------------------

DeathscytheHell
Posted: May 13 2005, 09:04 PM

Meta-Human

Alright Nightwolf, i'll go and think of a good background story biggrin.gif Thanks for the compliments btw.

As for the forms. Well i prefer the person to have powers that can be used in an imaginative way, and not be restricted....also because i'm interested in so many abilities i can't choose biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image
sig by Ayria
NevermoresAngel
Posted: Jun 14 2005, 08:49 PM

Tourist

Member No.: 388

I have a charactor named Kritora, her story is that she woke up one moring with blood on her hands, but remembers nothing about it, she knows nothing of her past and is hesitant on her actions not knowing if shes a villian or not

--------------------
I am not a R/R shipper, but I've seen a lot of R/R abuse on other sites, and I don't think any pairing deserves that, so I'm here to get a first hand glance at the pairing, think of me as an ambassader.
Crow
Posted: Jun 17 2005, 06:47 PM

Spaceman Spiff

Member No.: 10

sounds like every werewolf and vampire character created by someone under the age of twenty-five... sleep.gif

feh. I'm developing a fantasy story, 'cause i'm falling in love with the genre all over again, thank you Books of Magic.

Some agency swoops in and 'kidnaps' victims of traumatic events, brainwashing them into working for them, using their 'special powers'. It's a very loose plot, needs a lot of work. I'm a bit annoyed that I can't even write fantasy without getting uberly psychological.

Main character right now is 'Blue'. At the age of eight, he and his mother are the victims of a terrible car accident, which robs him of his memory, and his ability to see in color.

a random string of events led me to give him mulitple personalities, which the agency turns into shape-shifting abilities.

He chose the name 'Blue' after the crash, because when he was still in shock and unable to see, someone called him 'little boy blue', and he believed it to be his identity. His perspective is evil, because at first i can't use sight descriptions, and after that, i can't use colors. He doesn't even understand exactly what his name means or what 'blue' really looks like.

Blue is partnered with a young girl who was captured after a mental breakdown, caused by the abuse of her peers. Her 'power' is projection empathy, in which she can cause others to feel as she does.

And that's all i've got right now, still in the works.

My problem is the 'multiple' personality thing, because it seems over-the-top, and unlikely to be caused by a car-accident. So...i need someone to tell me whether or not to keep it as part of Blue's character. I can manage the 'shape-shifting' without it, so it isn't crucial to the plot or anything.

--------------------

Timothy Drake + Peter Parker = OTP!
TheRatWhoWouldBeKing
Posted: Jun 24 2005, 10:45 PM

Tourist

Member No.: 431

My second post and I hope not my last.

Anyway, I do have some characters that I will show.

Well that’s all I have to say for now. One my first and second posts I don’t say much. But, well, here it is, hope you guys and girls like it.

Name: Moltikron

Race: Though human it once was it shows it's self sufficiently, although it's whole body dose not appear, which in all likelihood no human eye ever behold

Affiliation: Highly corrupted by the influence of the dark essence inside him. (So that would make it evil)

Powers: Has an ultimate influence of Black Magic and demonic powers. From Phyonics to projectile attacks. No one truly saw Moltikron’s full potential or lived to tell about it; it can only be described as Ultimate.

Weakness: As powerful as “it” is there is a price that it must pay personally. Its power feeds on its dark essence. The more it raises its power the more its sanity gets corrupted. Eventually it will lose its sanity where it will not have anymore control over its actions. Thus it goes into a break of madness which will unleash a power that’s unachievable. Furthermore it fears of this and it suppresses its powers to a point where it has it under its control. It is not as powerful as it says in legends but it still possesses a fearful and powerful threat, not to the world but to anyone that stands in its way.

Appearance: Its body is completely cover in what seems to be armor but its flexibility and material seems to defeat that possibility. It’s actually living armor that adapts to the body’s movements as if it was its own flesh. It covers it from head to toe to hide its hideous look. The Living armor is actually quite impenetrable. No known weapon, force or magic has been able to dent it. It is said that this armor was once created and worn by Death him self which he dipped it in the River of Styx to make it impenetrable.

Weapons: Dual swords that have been dipped in the river of Styx, one which is an Excalibur type sword, its long reach and power is too heavy for a normal worrier to wile even with two hands, the other which is a short sword and a gun built in. It’s a very unusual weapon that can be used for far away and close combat. These two swords can be attached together to make a double blade sword.

It’s-story: Salvatore Devanstie was the greatest mercenary in the B.C era. He was know to be “The Man with a thousand kills” and to some call him “The Demon” because of his skills are so focused and gracefully mastered he can be only described as perfect. His unnatural skill as an assassin has earned the respect of all his enemies and allies alike, even the Gods but for Salvatore, he wanted more. Because of this he was visited by a figure in a black cloak known to be Hermes the Messenger God. He gave Salvatore a ring said to show the way to the object of great power. Because of Salvatore’s thirst for greater power and the strong influence of the ring it was a journey he couldn’t refuse. The ring took him to the Underworld, the place of the dead. Salvatore was struck with some dark force that seems to have some attachment to the ring. The power had collapsed him unconscious and woke up in a pitch black room. “Fear not, worrier.” A voice said in the dark “Everything will come clear to you in time. Your skill has proved you to be a worthy asset to the Dark Lord him self. You will be given the power that many would die to have. You will be able to destroy things torture things with your mind, twist the minds thoughts to your advantage, you will be able to bend time and gravity, create fire and electricity with your hands, drain the life out of your enemies to add to your strength and that’s only the beginning, worrier.” “Who are you!” Salvatore screamed. And the voice replied, “ I am Death.” Seconds later Salvatore was sucked in a void where his flesh will become burned, decomposed and deformed, be given the armor that he will use for the rest of his life and been given the weapon that he will use for as long as he serves Death. No longer a he or she but an it known as Moltikron. When Moltikron risen he was sent to kill and only to kill just to absorb the lives it kills. Everyone failed to stop this nightmare even the Gods seem dreaded and in raged of this un-killable onslaught. In time, Moltikrons corrupted mind started a conflict which put it into the point of madness and summoned up the power that no God ever dreamed of seeing. Moltikron went after the Gods. Eventually all the Gods disappeared even the members of the underworld including Hades. Many are convinced that Moltikron had successfully killed the Gods. From that point in time, Moltikron has locked it self in the Underworld fearing it’s self to lose its sanity. So Moltikron trained it self and continues to this day and it’s power is still as dreadful as before.

--------------------
http://www.postpoems.com/members/havoc/ < Leave comments and take your time. There’s a lot of s*** to read
Mega
Posted: Jul 22 2005, 10:02 AM

Resident-in-Distress

Member No.: 16

Ok....I have been in away drowning in self-pity and been rping on message boards that aren't as strict as this one. You're lucky enough if your character makes it through the screening, but even then your character will have a mental disorder caused by the whole affair. Enough rambling now...I have a new character.

Ok, if anyone watched stranded which by the way was a weak filler, then you saw the space monster with the ability to sceam ultra-sonic waves of sound from it's mouth right? Well I decided to make a character with that ability to a greater extent. He has bat-like ears and brown mirror-like eyes that can't see very well. Thats where the ears come in, taking in sound and creating images for him to see like daredevil in away. He doesn't have a dark, bloody past; just a not very lucky one. All I need is a good suitable bio to explain how he got to earth and the one I have in mind is that he manages to pay for a ride to earth with his band to soak up the local music.
Severus Rage
Posted: Oct 15 2005, 11:48 AM

Hero in Training

Member No.: 305

I have a few characters dating a good while back, lets see what you guys have to think of them...

Firstly, the one who shares my namesake. only used in an RP twice.

Name: Severus Maximillion Rage
(Anthropomorphic Hedgehog)

Marital status: Widowed

Race: Sylvar, normal appearance of anthro-hedgehogs

Affiliation: Good, in general

Powers: God-like control over fire

Weakness: Same as any warrior. Suseptible to death due to bodily damage.

Appearance: Humanoid body covered in deep red fur, and a headfull of quills that share the same color, except from the ones slightly above jaw level down. Does wear clothes and/or armor as needed
As a human, he is about the same height, about 6' 3" tall, auburn hair that becomes blond from the jaw down. Rather muscular.

Weapons: Never seen without the family heirloom, the Sword of Rage. Containg some of the power of all his previous ancestors who have ruled over the families of the Order, the weapon ins nearly indestructable, and posesses a slightly larger form when invoked. Also carries a specially made 8-barrel gatling gun, chrome plated, with a rail system designed to attach to his arm. It allows the gun to slide back and out of the way. when not being fired, but it has to be operated manually. Sometimes carries a pistol, a direct copy of the planet Earth's United States' Desert Eagle .50 Action Express.

Back story: Born to the ruling family of "The Order of The Flame", also the ruling body of the elemental order spanning over 80 planets, he was truly royalty. Born on the Order's home planet of Sylvarion, to the race known as the Sylvar, a race of anthropomorphic hedgehogs with natual ability pertaining to fire. all are born with some fire related ability, some as poerful and the conjure and manipulation of, some as weak as the changing of the color of. His early life was normal for his people, spending the first twelve years in schooling, then four more for military training. The Sylvar are known as a warrior race for they way they train themselves, but are quite peacable.
His race also have the nature to live in upwards to 400 years old, due to the fire-related ability, and legends about of the few blessed with god-like ability may be immortal. "Rage", as his nickname, was born with that ability.
After graduating from his schooling and arms training, he moved on into a deeper military training school, wich lasted ten more years, and there he met his future wife, a cheerleader for the planet wide school sport, "Warsphere". A game not unlike american football, but none can touch the ball with hands or feet, only weapons.
The cheerleaders of that game do like the sport, and enjoy watching it, but do not think very highly of the players, as most players do not seem to think too highly of anything -or anyone- else. Crimson Von Allen was one of them, and to this day, no one really knows how Severus wooed her, aside from himself and Crimson, who won't say anything about it.
After graduation from that school, with a newfound mastery of the staff and remarkable skill with the broadsword, he left his home, out to war, as the third -and last- "Saberwar" was starting to turn for the better. their enemy was a race of people dependant entirely on their beamsabers to survive, but they became powerhungry when they dicovered just how strong the sabers were.
Somewhere between 30 and fourty years after Severus left Sylvarion, he returned a hero, as usual, and the war over. He then married Crimson, and together, they became quite the tag-team, resolving conflicts, and just generally enjoying each-other's company while out and about.
then, 60 years after their marriage, the fith Furie Uprising began. The Furie families were close in power to the Rage families, and never gave up their clame to the Throne of The Order, and fought to the bloody end each time. Severus and Crimson fought together, and helped end the uprising, but Crimson left on a secret diplomatic mission to a new planet found through the "Dimentional Switch", a device created thet gave the user power to travel the multiverse, and the new planet found was, oddly enough, Gunsmoke. Crimson never returned there, but Severus knew what had happened five years after her dissappearance, and he felt her die, leaving him alone withtheir young son, Samuel Maximillion Severus Rage.
Severus was devastated, and shortly after Crimson's death, he left to avenge her, which he succeeded, and returned with her buster sword, and some personal effects. Severus knew he could never weild the sword properly, so he gave it to his son, who was of her blood as well, and could unlock the potential of the blade.
Years passed, Severus on and off Sylvarion, half the man he once was. Crimson had died when Samuel was 9, and after 11 years, Rage was killed in a classified conflict. Samuel, with the nickname Pyro, joined the military shortly after Rage's remains returned to Sylvarion.
Thus, Pyro's backstory would pick up here.

I normally don't use Rage for any RP's now, because the few I would join are TT rps, and Rage is too old for that. That's where I would have Pyro come in. I'd like to use Rage, but it never works out...

--------------------
user posted image

"Ich würde gern etwas zerstören
Doch es darf nicht mir gehören
Ich will ein guter Junge sein
Doch das Verlangen holt mich ein..."

"Ich muss zerstören!"
AceOfSpades
Posted: Oct 20 2005, 09:44 PM

New Neighbor

Member No.: 282

This is a character I had designed a while ago to fit my username, it was for a differnt forum... but all in all, I liked her (the character) so much, I kinda stuck with her. She's been under alot of stress lately because I keep touching her up and editing her. Maybe you guys could look over her profile and throw in a few ideas and give me some happy critizim on what could be fixed. Thanks!

Name : Ace of Spades (Ace)
Sex : Female
Tactic : Ace’s weapons consist of cursed playing cards, which execute a number of spells when flung at her opponents. She as well carries a string of wire that can be used for many such things to over come obstacles. Her main weapon is a long handled mace that at times can be substituted as a staff.
Appearance: Ace has long dark green hair, usually fashioned down or in a braid, and bright gray eyes. Her costume consists of black leggings and curled jester shoes as she wears black/white jester poofy shorts and a black corset. She as well has white sleeves that reach an inch past her elbow and hang loosely over her wrists to hide her fingers. Her skin is tan.
Personality: Ace has a wonderful sense of humor, seeing as she is a jester and gets along with pretty much anyone who isn’t trying to arrest her cocky hide. One who usually works alone, she is known to team up with other villains every once in a while.
Weakness: Her father, who lives in Gotham. His alias is “The Joker”. She as well fears batman.
Surprising Detail: Has a secret crush on Richard Grayson (knowing he is Robin).
« Next Oldest | Role Playing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0364 seconds · Archive