Banner & Skin created by Nevermore

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Forbidden Love. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

All members need to RE-READ THE RULES. They have been updated and everyone needs to read them. You can find the rules here
NEW MEMBERS::
Please read the rules and then introduce yourself at the Introductory Thread

Pages: (3) [1] 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Character Ideas, Discuss your chars and recieve advice
nightwolf667
Posted: Feb 24 2005, 06:05 PM

The Privateer

Group: Members
Member No.: 7

This is where you can discuss your character ideas in that are in the works, and recieve advice from your peers.

Here you may

Discuss your current ideas for characters by

A. Asking for help on character idea, or post any questions that you are unsure of

B. Post the summary of your character (not the whole form) and ask for peer review

C. Post a char idea, and ask for help in any of the categories listed on the form

D. Review other characters in a constructive manner (ie flaming and such will not be tolerated) and perhaps find ideas of your own (plagarism will not be tolerated) If you wish to inform the author how much you like their character please tell them what you like about the character(ie no "THAT CHARACTER IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif " in other words, no SPAMMING)

before you submit them to myself, Kakyoin, or Chokotay for reivew and final approval.

Reminder: The approval of your peers DOES NOT COUNT if you wish to RP. You must SUBMIT your characters ultimately to myself, Kakyoin, or Chokotay. And we will tell you whether or not they are approved. Then (and only then) you may post them in the pinned Character Thread.

Also in this thread-

You may discuss your ideas for an RP

If you wish to do this, the same rules as above apply.

You may not

A. Flame or Spam

B. Complain about how the mods are horribly unfair when they don't approve your characters.

C. You may create another thread to discuss the above.

Finally

HAVE FUN GUYS!

--------------------
We are the darkness that haunts your nights, leading you to neverending blight.

Speak intelligently, otherwise silence is golden
vegeta101
Posted: Feb 24 2005, 07:02 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Member No.: 162

okay

charecters
robin-this is me also
raven-
cyborg-
beastboy-
terra-
starfire-
slade-
trigion-
blackfire-
dr light-
redx-
craven-this is me
hawk-hawk
name of rp weding
plot robin is gonna ask raven on a date and it will sooner become a weding but with a team of villanes what will they do that is the plot

--------------------
user posted image
nightwolf667
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 03:26 PM

The Privateer

Why not try for something that isn't so bareboned.

A story needs direction and a starting place. Plot is an inclusion of the general idea or theme of the story, but it needs the particulars. When is this taking place, how old is everyone? Are they adults or still teens?

Who are the antagonists? What do they want?

Who are the protagonists? What do they want?

Stress your brain for creativity and give this some very deep thought, a story is a woven tapestry, delicate, and each strand should fit so the story works well. You can't plan everything, but at least plan the beginning.

--------------------

Mega
Posted: Mar 8 2005, 05:14 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Member No.: 16

Plus Raven whould not jump from date to wedding all in one sitting. Whould have to have been going on for awhile now which, I hope you were going for.

Anyway,

A robot built for fighting, but his designer wanted more for him then just fighting. He's designed to observe, and record what he sees aswell as to learn to feel emotions.

Thats what I got so far.
Kakyoin
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 04:41 AM

New God

Member No.: 1

Well then he wouldn't really be built for fighting, now would he? Now to create an interesting story to that would be, hmm.

A crimelord kidnapped a scientist [Name here], a leading authority on robotics, and forced him to construct a robot for use as one of his elite enforcers. After a few missions, the crimelord grows in his dominance thanks to this new robotic warrior, but the scientist, outraged by the use of his technology for such ignoble efforts, added an empathy chip that gave the robot emotions.

Next time they go to collect, the robot rebels and runs away.

This gives him a story and a personality. Motivations, beyond just observation.

--------------------
user posted image

ROSE: Onii-sama...sugoi
ADEL: Hmm. Touzen no kekka da.

- KoF 2003
nightwolf667
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 03:44 PM

The Privateer

Kakyoin's given you a great start Mega, I'd run with it.

For learning, you want an AI (artificial intelligence, for the domnoddies) that has been programmed to adapt (essentially learn) to the fighting styles of his foes, this would make him more formidable, or at least to be able to find their weaknesses. Remember he's a robot, so he'll have the same robotic limitations. He can't get beyond his programming, because he's not essentially "alive", if you intend to make him a good guy look up an android called Data from Star Trek Enterprise for ideas. (The emotional confict in this character should give you a good place to start)

See, you only have to ask guys. wink.gif

--------------------

vegeta101
Posted: Mar 9 2005, 04:09 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Member No.: 162

okay i need help okay here is what i got so far

A clone built for death he is very skilled in fight and explosions
he was built by the top leading scientist but somthing went wrong now he struggles with a good and evil side
can you help me get it better

--------------------
user posted image
Mega
Posted: Mar 13 2005, 01:04 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Thanks for the help guys.
nightwolf667
Posted: Mar 14 2005, 09:16 PM

The Privateer

You're welcome Mega wink.gif

Vegeta, try and think about the why? Why does your character do what he does?

Who is he a clone of? He's good at destruction and death? That doesn't say much, try to go for something less angsty, and less special. Your character doesn't need to be the best at everything, because if he isn't then he's no fun.

It's an interesting concept try to develop a backstory, like what is the name of the Doctor who created him? What was his field of science, what company did he work for? Was it Military Science? (As in, did he work for the military?)

What is your character's name? What does he look like? And most importantly, what is he afraid of? What does he hate ? (Good or evil do not count here, when I talk about fears it's like Indiana Jones being afraid of Snakes. Phobia's are good)

Does that help?

--------------------

Mega
Posted: Mar 15 2005, 11:44 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Ok, I'am back for more help on a character. This time, I'm going for villain. He already exists on another board, but he might fall a bit to powerful because of his power. Anyway, he's a 35 year-old man who when he was younger, his father exploited his power to gain wealth. Which ultimately failed because of inexperience and he grew up to hate all of humanity.

As he grew up he developed his psychic powers and studied and created weapons capable of mindcontrolling vast amounts of the population. Basicly, he's pissed off at the world and he created weapons to take it over along with his students who he has decided to shelter from the world.

They are taught like any other school along with trained to use psychic powers. Or mutated into huge brutes of massive strength. He needs some work I bet.
nightwolf667
Posted: Mar 18 2005, 08:21 PM

The Privateer

Okay, have you finished the Robot? I mean completely, all his kinks are worked out? If so, then you can start on another character, however it's always best to finish one character first before you start on another one. Makes it easier.

And here's a helpful hint: if your character is rejected, think about why it was rejected. It doesn't mean we've said no to that character forever, just the form the character is in. Get what I mean?

--------------------

Mega
Posted: Mar 18 2005, 09:20 PM

Resident-in-Distress

I see...haven't started more on the bot yet. Now I think I should. Expect his stats to pop up sometime this weekend.
the quiet one
Posted: Mar 20 2005, 08:47 PM

Resident-in-Distress

Member No.: 100

well, i have a good idea of a Villian. in school my eglish class is reading Romeo and juliet. theres a part were marcutio is talking about creater name Queen Mab, he said the she bewitches men thinking that they have fallen in love, but in the end the men die a horribble death. so i thought of a villian.

Name: Black Widow

Powers: seducing and bewitching men

sex: female (duh)

eyes: blood red and black pupuls

Hair:jet black (shoulder leath)

im open up for ideas plz, plz give me some ideas.

--------------------
Space boy, come and kill me. befor im dead and gone.
nightwolf667
Posted: Mar 22 2005, 04:00 PM

The Privateer

Queen Mab is a Faerie Queen from European Mythology, mainly that of England, Ireland, Scotland, and Wales. If you want to know more about her, and her character I suggest you look her up. (Since you plan to base Black Widow off of her)

All right (rolls up sleeves), first off, come up with a biography and a plausible reason to why she does what she does. How did she get her powers? What are her character quirks and traits?

Right now, your idea is the skeletal beginning of an idea that can be fleshed out into a character.

For instance, if Black Widow makes people fall in love, does that stem from rejection she felt in her youth? Did she suffer from a broken heart that caused her to attempt to ruin the lives of other young lovers, by making them fall in love with someone else? Is it a hatred of men? Women? Or love in general?

Think about who Black Widow is, as a person, don't tag her with villainy just yet. Give her a personality that to you seems real, complete with flaws, pet peeves, talents, ect. Make sure she isn't good at everything, and above all give her a reason as to the why? What makes her a villain?

If you're going to meddle with love, it should at least be slightly tragic.

--------------------

DeathscytheHell
Posted: Mar 22 2005, 04:27 PM

Meta-Human

Member No.: 106

Heres the first OC i made (a side villain) for my current Raven fic.

Name:
Templar

King's Paladin

Sex:
Male

Appearance:
Wears white-grey armour, tattered cape, his face is hidden within the dark visor of his helmet (think witch king wink.gif)

Powers:
His powers are wholly magical, he can summon Beasts such as skeletons and rock golems, his sword too, can cut through almost anything.

Backstory (connected with my fic) :
Long ago in a far away land, a kingdom was guarded by twelve knights, among them were Rorek and Templar. The knights however, eventually met their match in the dragon Malchior, having had to use almost all of their power to defeat the dragon as he tried to take over the kingdom.

What the knights didn't anticipate on however, was that Malchior was also a sorcerer, and after their initial battle, placed a spell within the knights, a dark seed that planted itself within Templar's subconscious. The king was affected as well, and with him under Malchior's control, was made to send his knights on a doomed quest, killing all of them but Rorek and Templar.

The two eventually fought their way back home to defeat Malchior, but by then the evil seed inside Templar's subconscious had struck. He betrayed Rorek, joining forces with the evil dragon, and is now his right hand man. In doing so, his soul was bound to Malchior's evil forever, dooming him to a life of eternal servitude.

Serving Malchior loyally, Templar destroys anyone who gets in the way of his new master, even if it means fighting his old comrade Rorek, who had vowed to save his old friend.

That battle was centuries ago, and now Templar is surprised to find that Rorek had returned to do battle once more, only this time, he brings along another companion...a purple cloaked girl by the name of Raven. A sorceress from a distant future.

Still retaining his skills as a king's Paladin. Templar is ruthless and aggressive in battle. Although his soul is completely bound by evil however, he, as a knight, still has a sense of honour.

--------------------
user posted image
sig by Ayria
« Next Oldest | Role Playing | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) [1] 2 3 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0538 seconds · Archive