website stats

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Comedy Classics Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Status 9/18/2009 - Our new home is ready enough for you to start posting, adding pics, writing blogs, adding videos, etc.

Click here! Have fun! :)

Favorite A&C Movies
nicoley13
Posted: Dec 12 2006, 07:08 PM

Marxist of the Groucho variety

Group: Members
Member No.: 146

I personally have seen exactly two Abbott and Costello movies (Meet Frankenstein and In The Navy), which I suppose isn't terribly impressive (heh), but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I like A&C Meet Frankenstein quite a bit, largely due to the Universal monsters (Lugosi Dracula, Chaney Jr. Wolf Man, Frankenstein's Monster).

Talbot: "Every night when the moon is full, I turn into a wolf."
Wilbur: "You and twenty million other guys!"

Lol. tongue.gif

Watching In the Navy had a lot to do with the Andrews Sisters... Should watch Buck Privates some time; they're in that one too. smile.gif

So what Abbott and Costello movies do you like?

--------------------
"That's the kind of a hairpin I am."
Calvero
Posted: Dec 13 2006, 11:20 AM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

One of my favs is Buck Privates. I remember when I was starting to become a fan and trying to decide what movie I should buy first, and I decided on BP, one major reason was the Andrews Sisters were on it, lol So you're not the only one smile.gif. I loved Boogie Woogie Boy of Company B...great number.

My other favorite is The Time of Their Lives. I guess because it was different from their other films, and I liked the story.

For some odd reason I don't like A&C Meet Frankenstein as much as other people. I like it of course, I think I got spoiled when I bought the script... I thought the script was funnier that the finished product. But I do love that line you qouted... that is a hoot!

Naughty Nineties is great because they do Who's on First.

I better stop now otherwise I'd end up naming all of them! LOL

Calvero

--------------------
webmaster for ComedyClassics.org and ChaplinFansUnite.com.
Keep updated with what's going on with the forums in the Announcements Forum
user posted image
Click here to find out how to take part in our own podcast!

You can follow me on Twitter

See my personal homepage at Calvero's Depot
nicoley13
Posted: Dec 14 2006, 03:51 AM

I actually watched Buck Privates today... Abbott and Costello's routines are largely good, but I must say that I care about Mr. Rich Playboy and girl and other guy about as much as I care whether Allan Jones and Maureen O'Sullivan get all of their problems resolved in A Day at the Races. Lol.

Yeah, "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy" is a swell song. The Andrews Sisters I AM interested in. wink.gif

"Who's on First?" I've seen a few times via YouTube. Definitely a great routine. smile.gif

You know, I should take advantage of the fact that my parents have the A&C box sets and watch yet a few more. Now if only my parents would take advantage of the fact that I have the Marx Brothers box sets... Lol. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
look up hannah
Posted: Dec 22 2006, 05:49 PM

look up hannah

Member No.: 19

here take your pick.
no thats the shovel take your pick.
rofl can anyone remember that whole thing? laugh.gif

--------------------
ziegfeldgirl
Posted: Mar 8 2007, 12:16 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 278

My favourite is probably "In the Navy" . "Buck Privates" is an excellent movie too.

I am a huge Andrews Sisters fan, so that is the only reason why I've watched any A&C movies! lol!

--------------------
user posted image
nicoley13
Posted: Mar 10 2007, 04:40 AM

QUOTE (ziegfeldgirl @ Mar 8 2007, 11:16 AM)
I am a huge Andrews Sisters fan, so that is the only reason why I've watched any A&C movies! lol!

Haha, I would've watched a couple Abbott & Costello movies anyway, just because as a good little classic movie fan I feel I should know something about A&C. But Universal monsters and the Andrews Sisters made me much more interested in seeing them, lol.

--------------------
Tattooed_lady
  Posted: Apr 5 2007, 04:41 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 303

Hello im new here and the site has just allowed me to send a reply, im not sure what happened anyway, Hello all!

My fav film has to be Africa Screams, are you fans of this one?

Best wishes
Katie
nicoley13
Posted: Aug 30 2007, 05:12 PM

So I've watched a few more A&C movies recently... I really liked, for the most part, Who Done It? and The Time of Their Lives. I would have to say that those two and Meet Frankenstein are my favorite three of the ones I've seen.

--------------------
marx_girl
Posted: Nov 15 2007, 08:52 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 374

I only saw one A&C film and that is "Here comes the co-eds" nice movie, I liked it... wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image
« Next Oldest | Abbott and Costello | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2189 seconds | Archive
eXTReMe Tracker