website stats

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to Comedy Classics Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Status 9/18/2009 - Our new home is ready enough for you to start posting, adding pics, writing blogs, adding videos, etc.

Click here! Have fun! :)

Pages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7]  ( Go to first unread post )

A few things, Nothing exciting
terra cotta
Posted: Nov 20 2007, 06:50 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12

Two nice videos. I'm not entirely certain that the link to the first one hasn't been posted here before (possibly by me).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06YrhkSdvwA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7snqU6PEEoo

--------------------
I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human
society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and
betrayal. And I was angry. "God", I said,This is terrible! Why don't you do something? God was silent for a moment, then He spoke softly. I have done something, He replied. " I created you".
"The Animals' Savior"
Jim Willis, 1999.
terra cotta
Posted: Nov 21 2007, 08:00 PM

Advanced Member

I have mentioned this Chaplin musical before: had been Broadway-bound in the 80's with well known (well, to me, as a theater-geek!) director and designer, money fell through, and it has since been very successful in Florida. It's a good thing I wasn't a fan back then. I'd have been very disappointed. It is going to be "workshopped" in England next week, and may expand from there, doing more in England. Here is an article about the upcoming workshop:

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/112953.html

I've posted the show's site before, but here it is again. This has always seemed to me to be one of the more interestingly conceived shows about CC, and it doesn't attempt to cover his entire life.

http://www.chaplinthemusical.com/Index.htm

Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow to the other American members.

--------------------
betrayal. And I was angry. "God", I said,This is terrible! Why don't you do something? God was silent for a moment, then He spoke softly. I have done something, He replied. " I created you".
"The Animals' Savior"
Jim Willis, 1999.
terra cotta
Posted: Nov 25 2007, 02:01 PM

Advanced Member

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, on the page before this one, I think, that there was going to be a documentary shown in NYC called Who is Norman Lloyd?, as well as a live question and answer with him. Again, most of you know that he appeared in Limelight and is in the Richard Shickel documentary. There was a review of the "Norman Lloyd" movie in the paper the other day (3 out of 4 stars), and it mentioned that he was a "buddy of Chaplin", and that they had played tennis together. Today, there is an article about both him and the movie in the paper (the movie is only playing in one theater in New York, but being in Central NJ, we get reviews, etc. of such things. I don't know if any of this will be picked up and published eleswhere). Again, his friendship and tennis playing with Chaplin were mentioned, along with his performance in Limelight. It mention that they also worked together as producers. Also, Charlie's going into exile. The director of the documentary is quoted as saying. "Try to name someone that Norman hasn't worked with. But if you watch a film on Welles or Chaplin or Hitchcock, there he is...He's one of the few remaining witnesses to so much of this history." (And he was born the year Charlie made his first movie).

I had mainly been aware of Norman Lloyd as a TV actor. He has had quite a career (and life) apart from that.

--------------------
"The Animals' Savior"
Jim Willis, 1999.
scraps
Posted: Nov 28 2007, 01:52 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2

during my annual thanksgiving chaplin marathon, i included a woman of paris, a film i love more every time i see it. afterwards, i began on city lights. and i know this isn't huge or anything, but the nude statue that the tramp so admires in city lights is the same one that is on top of the fountain in the restaurant where jean shoots himself in AWOP. i'm about 99.999999% sure of this. smile.gif

--------------------
"the heart and the mind - what an enigma." charlie chaplin's calvero, Limelight
« Next Oldest | Charlie Chaplin | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (7) « First ... 5 6 [7] 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0355 seconds · Archive
eXTReMe Tracker