website stats

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Comedy Classics Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Status 9/18/2009 - Our new home is ready enough for you to start posting, adding pics, writing blogs, adding videos, etc.

Click here! Have fun! :)

my charlie pictures, shareing
gabigirl777
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 02:56 PM

love charlie chaplin he is a glowing star!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 44

here are my charlie pictures they take a long ass time load up on my file .. i hope you enjoy them .. please let me know what you think
peace gabigirl

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
gabigirl777
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 03:08 PM

love charlie chaplin he is a glowing star!!

Member No.: 44

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND this one to.... tell me if you like more !!
peace gabigirl

user posted image

charlie and doug are goofing around .....silly boys

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

at his home on his steps...
terra cotta
Posted: Nov 18 2007, 03:42 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12

Thanks, Gabi. I esp. like the 4th one down in the first group. That is in the book "The Legend of Charlie Chaplin" by Peter Haining, and was apparently used to illustrate the Thomas Burke essay on Chaplin (as it does in the book). I think the bottom one in that group is the day he met with the press following his "nervous breakdown" in NYC.

I may post some on the "Chaplin Photo gallery" thread later, if I stop feeling so lazy. It is chilly and sprinkling here today, and I've had a sinus headache. A good day to just lie around.

--------------------
I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter...the cast-offs of human
society. I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and
betrayal. And I was angry. "God", I said,This is terrible! Why don't you do something? God was silent for a moment, then He spoke softly. I have done something, He replied. " I created you".
"The Animals' Savior"
Jim Willis, 1999.
prgwbtd
Posted: Nov 22 2007, 10:42 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 117

Wow - I hadn't seen most of those photos before. Makes you wonder how many more photos of Chaplin exist out there that we are not privy to. The one where he's sitting in the pin-stripe suit really emphasizes how big his head was compared to the rest of his body. In the one with the sculpture, the jaw of the sculpture needs to be a bit longer. I was trying to figure out what was wrong with it and Chaplin's mouth/jaw sticks out a bit. I was also surprised to see that Illustrated did a cover story on Chaplin in 1952. You would think he'd be the last person they'd want. I had to laugh at the shoes though - they finally got him out of those shoes he loved to wear from the 1920s. But he was still wearing the double-breasted suit. I guess he had a hard time letting go of things. That might be why the characters in his films always dressed a little behind the times. Anyway, awesome pictures.
« Next Oldest | Charlie Chaplin | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0234 seconds · Archive
eXTReMe Tracker