InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Collective Soul Pt 2. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Smartphones...anyone have one?
Flaherblady
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:34 AM

this lady lives in florida and likes herbs

Group: Members
Member No.: 119

I am looking to make to leap from my very old, ancient actually, phone to a smartphone.
Anyone have one they absolutely love and why?
I am on verizon and looking at the iphone4s, maybe a droid or something else. I don't care too much about 4g vrs 3g...my main reason to get one is so I can swipe credit cards at the shows I attend.
I looked at the droid razr maxx yesterday, nice but over $250 bucks and it has a whole lot of bells and whistles I probably will never use.
It's crazy what's out there and how quick the technology changes.....
teri81979
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 12:22 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 106

sorry I can't help you as I have a prepaid phone that just does texting and calls
Supreme Commander Klaus
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 03:00 PM

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

i will not have a smart phone until cheaper phones are no longer available. including the plan.
Bassgirl
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 08:51 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (teri81979 @ Apr 11 2012, 10:22 AM)
sorry I can't help you as I have a prepaid phone that just does texting and calls

Same here...Tracfone.
Tru
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:40 AM

Board Mom

Member No.: 59

I do. I love my droid. iphones are way too over priced. I will never go back to anything other than a smart phone. I have a G2x and love it but I've read some negative reviews and tmobile pulled it I think. I got lucky with the production batch mine came out of I guess. It's basically a little laptop.

typing this reply on it now because I didn't want to drag my laptop out.
Lt. Tadbart
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 04:42 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

big fan of my droid. htc incredible. i think they already have an incredible2 out. it's kinda basic, and still has way more uses than i'll ever use. can't imagine a day without it. well worth the money spent.
Spc. Anegram
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 08:49 AM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 20

Nope, I have a DumbPhone, but my daughter has a Droid (with R2-D2 case, no less!), and she really likes it. She doesn't have the one with the credit card swiper, though.
Flaherblady
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 10:25 AM

Thanks Everyone for your input!

What kills me about the smartphones is having to pay that extra data charge!
The credit card swiper is a little gizmo you attach and then download the app and away you go. It's cheaper to use that company (squareup) then to get a credit card machine and pay for not only the machine but the monthly contract fee.....

I am looking at the droid charge as well....decisions, decisions.....
Tru
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 12:59 PM

Board Mom

Member No.: 59

You might want to hurry. Here is an article about Verizon starting to charge an upgrade fee: http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/04/verizon-upgrade-fee/

I've also read that if you threaten to go to another carrier and/or ask for a loyal customer recognition they waive fees or give you better plans. I know we got an awesome deal at T-Mobile. We got the old rate plan and the guy at the counter (I did it at a T-Mobile store, not on the phone) gave us the employee discount rate as well. I only pay $20 bucks a month for unlimited data(each user) They now can slow the data rate down after a certain amount used, but we've never come close to that amount and that's three of us with smartphones on this plan. Including a teenager who watches youtube and tweets and does FB all day... much to my dismay.

We also only pay 20 a month for all three of us to have unlimited text messaging. I love T-Mobile. I have 4g and it's FAST. I had Verizon for like 15 years, and their service was a bit more available in remote areas, but they were expensive.
Flaherblady
Posted: Apr 18 2012, 06:59 PM

Almost narrowed it down, and thanks for the info Bel!

I brought that up to both the Costco Kiosk and a Verizon store tonight and they both admitted it, but certainly were not going to tell me if I didn't ask!

There's a new LG Lucid out, less money, a bit more basic for me a first time user and seems ok. I am going to go back tomorrow and play with it some more.(although that iphone is very very nice as well but more $$$)

The first sales guy was an idiot and only wanted to talk the most expensive, etc... this other store five minutes away, they were much more helpful and wanted to make the smartphone fit with the user. I feel like I hit gold on that guy, he knew his stuff and turns out they send him from store to store to teach the sales people.

TB, That droid incredible is very nice, but the credit card app doesn't work with it for some reason.....darn.
jenna
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 05:41 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 52

i'm sure i'm in the minority, but, i love my iPhone. i've had one since the original one came out (i had the original, the 3GS and now the 4S) and i have never wished i had anything else
« Next Oldest | Posts 'n such | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Archive