Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Zettai Shojou. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )

Chronological events of game
Dark_Mercury
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 09:26 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Core Team
Member No.: 25

I think he means keeping them all together, not having one be like, 3 months long, and one being a year and a half long. Keeping them all around about the same length in time.
Petaru
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 09:26 PM

~nya!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (TcDohl @ Feb 22 2007, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (Petaru @ Feb 22 2007, 04:19 PM)
Chopping it into pieces is harder in unrelated scenarios the farther apart the pieces become. Thats why a smaller time period would be easier.

How?

Because then if you want any of the dates to correspond between the paths, you'd have to do a hell of a lot more collaboration just to get the dates right. There's less dates to worry about in, say 3 months, than in a year, so its easier to have corresponding dates.

Plus, remember, we can only write so much, which means we can only cover so many days. If we kept the period of time, we could show a larger percentage of the time covered by the plot.
Dark_Mercury
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 09:28 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Petaru @ Feb 22 2007, 03:26 PM)
Plus, remember, we can only write so much, which means we can only cover so many days. If we kept the period of time, we could show a larger percentage of the time covered by the plot.

There's gonna have to be a HELL of a lot of collaboration as it is to get the stuff to line up. It's not gonna be like the writers sit down and write out JUST thier scenario, they're gonna have to pound out the main plotline overlaps first, THEN they're gonna be able to branch off into thier little sections.
Petaru
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 09:30 PM

~nya!

QUOTE (Dark_Mercury @ Feb 22 2007, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE (Petaru @ Feb 22 2007, 03:26 PM)

There's gonna have to be a HELL of a lot of collaboration as it is to get the stuff to line up. It's not gonna be like the writers sit down and write out JUST thier scenario, they're gonna have to pound out the main plotline overlaps first, THEN they're gonna be able to branch off into thier little sections.

Right. What I'm saying is a shorter time frame would make that easier, and make the whole game make more sense and be easier to follow.
TcDohl
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 09:59 PM

Choices made from fear always lead to disaster.

Group: Director
Member No.: 145

QUOTE (Petaru @ Feb 22 2007, 04:30 PM)
Right. What I'm saying is a shorter time frame would make that easier, and make the whole game make more sense and be easier to follow.

Not necessarily. You can have the have different playable dates, as in "weeks", and have them be the same for all the different paths. You prescribe the time periods for each bit first, then have people write. For example, here's a sample of what I'm trying to get across:

Week 1: April 5-12
Character introductions

Week 2: April 20-27 (note that it's skipped a week)
Free character storyline and character development

Week 6: August 23-30
Summer festival, choose your girl, etc.

Week 8: October 15-22
School trip

This way, we'd be able to chop it up into manageable pieces with a few unifying events.
Petaru
Posted: Feb 22 2007, 10:18 PM

~nya!

QUOTE (TcDohl @ Feb 22 2007, 09:59 PM)
QUOTE (Petaru @ Feb 22 2007, 04:30 PM)

Not necessarily. You can have the have different playable dates, as in "weeks", and have them be the same for all the different paths. You prescribe the time periods for each bit first, then have people write. For example, here's a sample of what I'm trying to get across:

Week 1: April 5-12
Character introductions

Week 2: April 20-27 (note that it's skipped a week)
Free character storyline and character development

Week 6: August 23-30
Summer festival, choose your girl, etc.

Week 8: October 15-22
School trip

This way, we'd be able to chop it up into manageable pieces with a few unifying events.

Fair enough, I was thinking you were talking about much more scattered events, but keep in mind: we can only cover so many days/weeks of in-story time without making this project drag on into eternity, or without making each day really short and pointless.

...Really, this is something the writing team is going to have to decide.
asdf
Posted: Mar 19 2007, 10:57 PM

Group: Members
Member No.: 190

I thought at first that it would be a good idea to spread out the time to include more possible events, but after reading this thread I feel doing that could lead to a too cliched production if the story is streched out just to fit in more "requisite" events. It might result in a more cohesive product to choose a certain block of time and concentrate on that, perhaps tying all the stories thematically to the season. In this case, it seems the best option would be the first semester, in the spring/summer season. Three months doesn't seem like a lot of time at first, but it would take a heck of a lot of writing to fill in every day, or even only every other day.
stirfriedweasel
Posted: Mar 19 2007, 11:29 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 181

Haha, I don't think anyone really expected to fit everything, we were throwing around ideas for what we could use, not necessarily have to use.
Anti-Goth
Posted: Apr 3 2007, 07:23 AM

Member No.: 43

I think we are confusing the length of the game with the amount of content in it. It should have a significant amount of content in it, and when written properly, three months shouldn't really limit the actual "length" of the game.

I suggest three months for simplicity's sake. Spanning it across three or four seasons would require a lot more artwork and exposition.
Dark_Mercury
Posted: Apr 3 2007, 02:29 PM

Advanced Member

But what people are sayin is that 3 months is kinda quick for a relationship to spring up out of nowhere and get where they want it to go with this kind of a game.

That being said, tsukihime was like, a week or so, two and a half at the max, IIRC. :/ So, yeah.
cpl_crud
Posted: Apr 3 2007, 03:14 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Director
Member No.: 186

I think more time actaully makes it easier to avoid "collision", as you can "skip" a month or so ahead, and totally avoid where other arcs would be getting in the way.

Personally, I've always considered this game somewhere in the region of a year; that way we get to cover all the cliches, give the art team a chance to draw new year's yukatas AND swimsuits, and basically make sure that everyone's Moe is satisfied.

That being said, a year is a long time in the span of a "relationship".

The way I've pictured it, so far, is something like this:

Start of Spring (ish), MC moves to the new school.
Spring: Used to meet the girls
Summer: used as end of Act 1, Character picks one girl to start act 2 with
late summer/autumn: Act 2, with the option of the "act 2 change" (last chance to change arcs)
Autumn/winter: Act 3

This allows for a culmination outside of school concerns (ie exams and the like) but allows us to put a bit of an "end of year" spin on things.

So, about 7-9ish months? That's a reasonable time to fit 5 storylines in without too much collision.

In this sense, I'm seeing the arcs not only as isolated incidents, but also as a kind of "Meanwhile..." type of thing, where it is conceivable that all 5 "good end" arcs can occur simultaneously.

Let me elaborate; I'm not suggesting that we aim for the gooey harem ending; far from it.
Firstly, I'm considering that each path have three ends; a "good" end, a generic end, and a bad end.
Basically, if someone plays the game enough, they can get all 5 "good" ends.
However, these woudl be spaced throguhout the 7-9 months such that all of the major events don't clash. eg: you bang Emi at the sports fest, but Hanako at the school carnival. Whatever.
So, if anyone compressed the timelines together, it would be technically possible to get all the good ends "at the same time" (meaning that it wuold be conceivable that all the individual and seperate arcs are happening at once, not that there is a "gooey harem" arc).
This just seems to make senes to me; and the more time we haveto acheive this goal, the better (as we don't have to be living in each other's pockets when it comes to alloting time for scenes in arcs)

This post has been edited by cpl_crud on Apr 3 2007, 04:16 PM
Anti-Goth
Posted: Apr 7 2007, 07:48 AM

Member No.: 43

Maybe we should make a flowchart.
« Next Oldest | Plot | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2] 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1121 seconds | Archive