InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to Zettai Shojou. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dysfunctional family girls, Nyoro~n
Solaris
  Posted: Jan 11 2007, 09:46 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

Allright, I know we're all just starting to get a hang of these characters and I'm being the wet blanket here, but cut it out already.
I realize the temtation to make the story revolve around the immediat root of the girls subconsiouse- their problems and their abilities. Im short the people that have been
affecting them their whole lives. So does everyone else whos made a game like this, in fact so much so that they made them all the same.
We aren't them.
We can get away with having 2-3 girls dealing directly with issues with close relatives as a plotpoint to get her and the player together , but we need something that doesn't show that 4chan can only process evangelion-level mind fuck.

How many familys have been fix'd by boyfriends?
Name two.anime doesn't count ( willing to let manga slide)

Even if they have problems it doesn't mean you have to take care of all of them or that they somehow make the girl frigid.

The game allready has an angle, we don't need another we need plot.
I was hoping we could do better.

A little exercise that follows is meant to brainstorm some ideas about how to variate scenarios.

1. girls name
2.three words you associate with them
3. family internal difficultys(weather you think they should exist or not)
4. external dilemmas.
This should make for a god overview(note that most ideas are mine or in the Secrets thread linked in my sign cause I can't remember everything discussed. If you want to add something just quote the next post and edit the contents')

EDIT:things in (***), have not been throughtly discussed-
Are creations of my own dementia mostly
Solaris
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 09:47 PM

Advanced Member

1.Rosa(Deaf-tan)

2.Temperance
Responsibiltiy
Judgement

3.Neglect (father)
rivalry(brother)
---------propositions-------
(adultery)
(divorce)

4.Control
Friendship
---------propositions--------
Have her and her best friend get in a fight and break up.
Causing you to take her place and her to get in to trouble.
The story would be to fix this situation, help her friend.
Focuse of the story would shift to fixing someone elses problem over witch the relatonship would evolve.

1.Lily(Blind-tan)

2.Affection
Loneliness
Fear

3.Responsibility
Recent neglect~proposed financial difficulty

4.Stress
Psychosis
----proposed-----
(betrayal)
(Not much here so I'm for leaving the family stuff in the main route)

1.Hanako(Burn-tan)

2.Loss
Constrained
Alientation

3.Tragedy
Insurance
Obedience

4.Bullying
Self-perception
(lack of ambition)

(feels balanced mostly, good for one single path)

1.Amputee-tan (Nolegs-tan)

2.Determination
Humor
Consideration

3.Protection
(Guilt)
(Facade)
(Sports)
4.Popularity/Fame(not as good as it sounds, believe me)
------proposed--------
lack of faith in others/in self beyond sport(partially due to peoples suggestions to her)
(I'm for keeping this as well, have a jelouse guy and girl who hates her for it~all the things popularity gets you that you could do without.)

1.Thaly(Thalidomite-tan)
2.Abstract
Distant
Akward

3.(Drugs)
(Remarriage)
Adoption(Seriously consider foster homes)
Yakuza(Blegh!)

4. (Inacttivness)
Art(she could believe she gets published because of the freakshow)
-----proposed------
Honestly abulk of the effort has gone to the family but I'm thinking we might work it in without having to make this central.
I was thinking have her family goe to whitch ever crisis we decide upon inthe end, but not reveal any of it to the player directly so the only info that the hero has is suspicions but the player gets flashes of her problems(parents yelling the whole fiasco) while shes talking abot something unrelated like Zen or her nightmares.
The game would consentrate on spending time with her.
Paths that give more clues lead to bad ends, so the player has to figure out the mystery of her conditions on his own, wth some help from the bad ends. The good end would have her parents thanking him for helping her through these tough times
while he goes "huh?" we get a nice scene of her dragging him off into the sunset.
----------------------------
Disregard that, I suck cock.
I'm open to suggestion for Thalidomite (ones that don't involve too much mafia anyway) dry.gif .
I don't think she deserves to get the dregs of Burn and Blinds paths attached to her,
maybe something to do with a stalker/her being a stalker brb/? I just don't want her chatacter to become a freakshow because her condition is a bit unique we don't need to make her a yakuza assasin.

The point in keeping the blob of text is that i want to make known that telling stories isn't nessecarily all about different scenarios. Theres also a style throught it that should be unique per girl. I mean more action packed for Deaf and Nolegs(though very different action), more emo for burn and blind(I'm thinking we could spice her up with some mysticism, blind people were reveard as all seeing, all knowing in the past add to that some passages open to interpretation and we get some x-filesesque writing) and more unique and philosophical for Thalidomite. The scenarios don't have to change just the writing tying them together(blanking out the screen adding a few lines here and there can produce amazing effects.If you never played Narcissu do so now, its free)
Luminous_Path
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 10:40 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 108

these are good, but I would propose splitting the "dilemnas" into two different sections: a strengths and a weaknesses section, such that the dilemnas themselves wouldn't become the character's weaknesses...

the main distinction we need to make is between conflict and weakness,

i.e. under deaf-tan you have both control and weakness as external dilemnas, while one (control) would constitute a weakness and the other (friendship) would constitute a conflict.

remember, conflict creates plot, weakness heightens it, and strength resolves it.
Solaris
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 11:09 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Luminous_Path @ Jan 11 2007, 10:40 PM)
these are good, but I would propose splitting the "dilemnas" into two different sections: a strengths and a weaknesses section, such that the dilemnas themselves wouldn't become the character's weaknesses...

the main distinction we need to make is between conflict and weakness,

i.e. under deaf-tan you have both control and weakness as external dilemnas, while one (control) would constitute a weakness and the other (friendship) would constitute a conflict.

remember, conflict creates plot, weakness heightens it, and strength resolves it.

I'd admit to this being very basic, but strenghts and weaknesses need a separate category, dilemmas are pretty much all about character struggles.

EDIT: To clarify the above is srictly mix and mach. Take what you agree with and make you're own until the thing feels balanced and not too far gone(lol everyonedies lol)
« Next Oldest | Characters | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1019 seconds | Archive