Create a free forum in seconds.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Zettai Shojou. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Dark secrets thread, for spoiling whatever you're plan is
Solaris
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 06:13 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 61

Because I just can't help myself I plotted out secrets for each character to be emu over late in the game for the all-time favorite Key effect.
Yes, I'm hoping I won't get too obsessed with that as well.
_1_Deaf-tan
Going in the direction of coming from a wealthy business family.
Obvious hint:
Feels inferior because she doesn't make a worthy heir (being a girl/disabled)
Cause: family business is going bankrupt, in dept,father holds drunken rants about how expensive her tutouring is and how pointless.
_2_Blind-tan
My version, but could be fitted for the first one.
Obviouse hints:Gajin but claims to dye her hair.
Cause:was left at a crowded airport as a small child, got adopted but her step-parents
didn't realize she was blind until afterwards, still raised her proper though.
_3_Burn-tan
Was briefly suggested.
Hints: Doesn't talk about accident, or much at all really.Says it was a car accident.
Cause: Was really popular before, lead a clique. Tried to get a friend and a boy to date, but boy fell for her. Friend got jealous and threw a bowl of acid at her. All hell broke loos. This was right around the time of her parents death, so she came out still pretty messed up.
_4_Nolegs-tan
My god, i'm stubborn.
Hints:none really, she doesn't show any regret.
Cause:When she was young saved little brother, but lost her legs. Didn't feel sorry at all and went on with her life, determind to prove people are in charge of their own fate.
_5_Thalidomide-tan
Not mine, start of thread.
Hints: overprotectiv parents
Cause: Mother suffered from a drug addiction before pregnancy(cause of thalidomides), father took off, eventually remarried. Believes the opposite of nolegs-tan, but isn't sure what that means.
DeuceTrick
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 07:01 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Core Team
Member No.: 8

These are good. I particularly like Burn-tan's.
Anonymous22
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 07:07 PM

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18

That was my idea.
Solaris
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 07:14 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Anonymous22 @ Jan 6 2007, 07:07 PM)
That was my idea.

Yes, it was. Good thing people can read, eh?
So you wouldn't be adverse to filling in the gaps since there are plenty.
Anonymous22
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 07:20 PM

Advanced Member

Maybe later, I'm at work right now. I'm glad people actually read, looking at topics near the 40 post mark, it's like later posters don't read the earlier posts at all.
Anonymous22
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 09:36 PM

Advanced Member

Okay. Every character having some deep, dark secret is kind of cliche, I was thinking maybe some of the characters just get depressed over the limitations of their disabilities in a relationship setting, the standard stuff. If everyone needs some kind of secret, though:

-Deaf-tan: Despite being much smarter than her brother, he is considered over her to be the heir to succeed her father due to him being older, and not being disabled, as well as him being male. Therefore, she is sad because no matter what she does it seems there is no way for her to prove herself worthy. Having her father yell at her seems a bit much, as does her family business being on the verge of being bankrupt. It's bad to do too much.

-Burn-tan: Maybe the reason she moved to Disabled School is because she couldn't go to school when a vial of acid was thrown in her face. After her parents got killed in a car accident/house fire/whatever makes more sense. I got this idea from watching Narutaru.

-Thalidomide-tan: I don't like the idea of her mother being a drug addict, it seems a little much. How about her parents abandoned her since she's deformed? It would explain her self-reliance, since people with her problem wouldn't be able to do anything, but she can use her feet as hands. Deformed children are often seen as a disgusting disgrace to the family, so it's plausible. Being abandoned by her parents would also explain a colder, more mature personality, as well as the philosophical questioning everyone was talking about.

I'm tired, so that's all I have for now.
Solaris
Posted: Jan 6 2007, 09:54 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Anonymous22 @ Jan 6 2007, 09:36 PM)
It's bad to do too much.

Odd... I never thought of it that way laugh.gif
(not yell btw, just behave in amanner that she'd blame herself for)

We seem to be on the same level on the whole burn-tan deal(I've only watched till episode 4 of narutaru so no spoilers please)
QUOTE (Anonymous22 @ Jan 6 2007, 09:36 PM)
-Thalidomide-tan: I don't like the idea of her mother being a drug addict, it seems a little much.

Hmmm abandonment would be worse than mentioning drugs in my opinion , and anything in this discussion is far from plausible*shurge*...meh

EDIT:We don't have to be that graphic about it. Just hinting towards darker things is fine, after all everyone has skeletons in their closet.
Slowpoke
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 02:13 PM

rather slow

Member No.: 7

Problem with most of these is there's no real reason to keep them a secret. As deep, dark secrets, they just aren't deep or dark enough. Since they're disabled in a japanese society, a certain amount of rejection and ostracism is already assumed. They may be enough to make the girl cry herself to sleep at night, but may not be enough to touch the audience's hearts. Or make them go omg wtf.

I'll throw out a few ideas. I just thought them up while writing this, so don't laugh. Yes, they are over-the-top, but I figure we might need something like that. At least they're not secret agents of the church hunting vampires.

It goes without saying that suitable hints will be sprinkled liberally throughout the scenario.

Thalidomide-tan was put through severe bullying at school. She has to work weekends part-time to support her family, and has to endure severe ostracism in the course of her work. Near the end of the scenario, anonymous (the protagonist, anyway) discovers she plans to kill her parents, as she blames them for all she's been through - the hate she feels culminated into a plan when she first met anonymous and felt she wasn't good enough for him because of them. (The choices after that are more action-based and carry a sense of urgency as anonymous tries to stop her before it's too late)
Possible related scenes: A chase on foot, struggle with her, a bad end may involve her committing suicide after succeeding.

Blind-tan's injury was a failed suicide attempt by poison - her life was saved, but not her sight - which is a surprise given her carefree attitude towards life. Along her route, anonymous will be forced into situations with the other girls, causing her to despair. She confronts anonymous, but he can't/won't answer her. She disappears and he finds out the truth - can he save her from herself? etc etc I'm running out of gas will edit later.

Poor orphaned Nolegs-tan lives with her psychotic older sister. Ever since she was young, her sister brainwashed her/put her through daily physical/mental abuse. This, coupled with her disability, made her into an extreme introvert, afraid of human contact and distrusting people around her. Athletics allowed her to feel happy without needing to talk much, and so running became her life - until she met him. Anonymous is one of the few people she can open up to, after he tries hard to overcome her initial paranoia.
After they grow closer, she will ask anonymous to allow her to stay the night in his dorm regularly (she walks to school normally), but won't say why. Her insane sister, losing control over her, makes some trouble (I'm lazy to think of the details here). Anonymous then learns because she wasn't old enough to work, and they had no money, her sister faked an accident to claim the insurance money, resulting in the loss of her legs. Ending will probably be an epic showdown with the sister - perhaps more revelations?
Solaris
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 03:46 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Slowpoke @ Jan 9 2007, 02:13 PM)
Problem with most of these is there's no real reason to keep them a secret. As deep, dark secrets, they just aren't deep or dark enough. Since they're disabled in a japanese society, a certain amount of rejection and ostracism is already assumed. They may be enough to make the girl cry herself to sleep at night, but may not be enough to touch the audience's hearts. Or make them go omg wtf.

I'll throw out a few ideas. I just thought them up while writing this, so don't laugh. Yes, they are over-the-top, but I figure we might need something like that.

It goes without saying that suitable hints will be sprinkled liberally throughout the scenario.

Thalidomide-tan was put through severe bullying at school. She has to work weekends part-time to support her family, and has to endure severe ostracism in the course of her work. Near the end of the scenario, anonymous (the protagonist, anyway) discovers she plans to kill her parents, as she blames them for all she's been through - the hate she feels culminated into a plan when she first met anonymous and felt she wasn't good enough for him because of them. (The choices after that are more action-based and carry a sense of urgency as anonymous tries to stop her before it's too late)
Possible related scenes: A chase on foot, struggle with her, a bad end may involve her committing suicide after succeeding.

Blind-tan's injury was a failed suicide attempt by poison - her life was saved, but not her sight - which is a surprise given her carefree attitude towards life. Along her route, anonymous will be forced into situations with the other girls, causing her to despair. She confronts anonymous, but he can't/won't answer her. She disappears and he finds out the truth - can he save her from herself? etc etc I'm running out of gas will edit later.

Not too secret but not something you go around telling others about.
their designed to be catalysts in threlationships not justifications, the disabilitys are good enough for that.
Don't let me stop you that was great brt lets not make it too over the top, thats what we have Japan for after all.

On an unrelated note-
I'm thinking older brother for legless causing/blamed for the accident might work better.He could have been watching her/ feels his to be blamed/wants to make anonymouse bleed
Slowpoke
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 03:54 PM

rather slow

Sorry, think you missed half of my post - I was saying their individual disabilities are even worse than the conditions you suggested. Which one is sadder, "I can't see and Japan haet me for it" or "overprotective parents" (which probably many normal kids have anyway)

If you want something as a catalyst, it should be even more dramatic than the inherent emoness justified by their disabilities, or it won't make sense as a whole.
Solaris
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 04:17 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Slowpoke @ Jan 9 2007, 03:54 PM)
Sorry, think you missed half of my post - I was saying their individual disabilities are even worse than the conditions you suggested. Which one is sadder, "I can't see and Japan haet me for it" or "overprotective parents" (which probably many normal kids have anyway)

If you want something as a catalyst, it should be even more dramatic than the inherent emoness justified by their disabilities, or it won't make sense as a whole.

Now THAT I didn't get laugh.gif

Do we really want any more emo? The stuff I wrote is just some random motivation.
It isn't the drama itself its what makes them move towards seeking reassurance from the protagonist- Armless can go on to fulfill you're scenario as well as blind-tan if need be. Personally i think most people would be content with less and go WTF a little too often for their own liking if things always end up in a bloodbath.
Slowpoke
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 04:43 PM

rather slow

I'd rather err on the EPIC side of things. Still, what I was thinking was we could have a varied spread of stories, perhaps a darker mystery-ish one with solvable clues, one lighthearted romance comedy, one vs an outside enemy, one struggling with emotions etc etc. Even a romance comedy could do with plot twists, or perhaps it might have the saddest of all endings - deep dark secrets don't have to be a character's primary motivation, they can also serve to twist the plot just for dramatic effect.
Solaris
Posted: Jan 9 2007, 08:15 PM

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Slowpoke @ Jan 9 2007, 04:43 PM)
I'd rather err on the EPIC side of things. Still, what I was thinking was we could have a varied spread of stories, perhaps a darker mystery-ish one with solvable clues, one lighthearted romance comedy, one vs an outside enemy, one struggling with emotions etc etc. Even a romance comedy could do with plot twists, or perhaps it might have the saddest of all endings - deep dark secrets don't have to be a character's primary motivation, they can also serve to twist the plot just for dramatic effect.

I agree, but then these would be paths that don't focus on the girls so much.
So it would either be very character specific (I could imagine armless or blind, maybe legless having detective games noone else) or possibly quite separat from that, main plot or sidetracking from someones route.
1,Solve the riddle
2.fail to get the girl
3.???
4.replay value!
Either way I'm not sure anon would forgive if we got carried away.
The_Deadly_Kind
Posted: Jan 11 2007, 08:28 PM

Taste Like Flesh, Feels Like Marshmellows.

Member No.: 79

I really like No-legs-tan's character being bright and lively with out any regrets. I sort of got that from the original art work, where she has a bright smile.

So i must throw in my support for Solaris' depiction of her.
« Next Oldest | Characters | Next Newest »
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3478 seconds | Archive