InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Zettai Shojou. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Name Kanji for the Girls, anyone with the expertise?
DeuceTrick
Posted: Feb 27 2007, 07:24 PM

Advanced Member

Group: Core Team
Member No.: 8

While working on a new list for the main character's name, it struck me that we didn't include the characters for the girls' names. I know that Lilly and Rosa will probably use katakana, but that's as far as my knowledge goes. So, anyone with the knowledge feel like weighing in on that now?

Ibarazaki Emi
Ikezawa Hanako
Lilly Sato
Tezuka Rin
Hakamichi Rosa

Depending on how it goes, it may be something to add to canon, or just something to keep in mind for the future.
TcDohl
Posted: Feb 28 2007, 02:44 PM

Choices made from fear always lead to disaster.

Group: Director
Member No.: 145

Tezuka Rin would be kind of nice if her first name would just be in kana. If that's the case, then it would be 手塚 リン

Emi has a couple of choices. It would either be 恵美 which means beautiful kindness or 江美 which means beautiful river. The last name is only written one way, 茨崎.

There are many choices for the name Satou, but the most common one is 佐藤. Lilly would be written リリ

Fortunately, Hanako only has one kanji, which is 花子, the same with Ikezawa, which is 池沢.

Hakamichi is written 墓道. "Rosa" can only be written in kana, which is ロサ
Slowpoke
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 09:42 AM

rather slow

Group: Core Team
Member No.: 7

If I'm not mistaken, Rin is usually 凛

Google gave me an alternative for Hanako, 华子, but I think the flower one is better.

And are there any other choices for Hakamichi? 墓道 seems rather morbid.
TcDohl
Posted: Mar 9 2007, 12:48 PM

Choices made from fear always lead to disaster.

Group: Director
Member No.: 145

QUOTE (Slowpoke @ Mar 9 2007, 04:42 AM)
And are there any other choices for Hakamichi? 墓道 seems rather morbid.

Maybe it'd be like Onizuka "ghost tomb", which is actually a bit more morbid than Hakamichi "grave street". Anyway, all kanji that have "haka" as a reading mean "graveyard" or "tomb" anyway.
« Next Oldest | Characters | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0646 seconds | Archive